• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow and my suspicion

Rational Agnostic

I like Tim Tebow. Even though his religious antics can get old, I do believe that he is a genuinely good person who has empathy for people of all backgrounds. I also think that he is an impressive athlete, even if not a great quarterback. One thing that does puzzle me about him is this: He is 30 years old, an outspoken devout evangelical who claims to have never had sex in his life. Additionally, he's clearly an attractive man, and was apparently on the list of the top 10 "sexiest men alive" at one point. Now, a typical devout Christian man in his 30s would be married, especially one like Tebow, who many young Christian women would love to have as a husband. There is no reason that he should still be single. Furthermore, he has never publicly had a girlfriend that I know of. So, the most likely possibility in my opinion is that he is gay, but will not admit it due to his religious beliefs. If this really is the case, it's a shame that his religious beliefs lead him to such a level of cognitive dissonance that he can't accept his own sexual orientation, yet this seems to be the case. My prediction is that at some point in the next few years, Tebow will come out as being gay, or at least admit to having had attraction for males at some point, but he will make the announcement casually, then rattle off some scripture and talk about how even though he's gay, he's been able to pray himself out of acting on his homosexual urges.

I sincerely apologize if this post seems insulting to either Tim Tebow or to the LGBTQ community, because I sincerely do not intend it to be so. Obviously I'm 100% an ally of the LGBTQ community, and I also like Tim Tebow. This is just my suspicion about Tebow, and if I turn out to be right, y'all can remember I called it first.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
"the most likely possibility in my opinion is that he is gay,"

I was about to say the same when I read this. Not that I care. Maybe he should consider becoming a Methodist...

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I never liked him because of what I thought was religious grandstanding until I heard him talk about the charities he works with. I actually like the guy. He came across as very genuine in his beliefs, but I also think he’s as queer as a herd of unicorns. I hope he can reconcile it all and bridge it because he would be a very good role model for young people wrestling with being gay.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Whether he's gay or straight, he's just another celebrity athlete to me. I care about the life events of exactly 0 of them. I'll leave them to the sport fans.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Possible, but unlikely. Homosexuality is about three to five times more common in the general population than asexuality.
It's also possible he gets really nervous and scared when talking to women. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be in a relationship?
Someone being single is really indicative of nothing more than they are single.

Rational Agnostic

It's also possible he gets really nervous and scared when talking to women. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be in a relationship?
Someone being single is really indicative of nothing more than they are single.

A 30 year old man should not be "really nervous and scared" when talking to women. It's possible that he may not want to be in a relationship, but as I pointed out before, nearly all evangelical men are married by the time they are in their 30s. The only possibilities that I can see are either asexuality or homosexuality, with homosexuality being more likely. Not that it matters, because it doesn't. But, I don't see anything wrong with speculation.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not that it matters, because it doesn't. But, I don't see anything wrong with speculation.
I realize that Tebow has made himself a target, by making himself a very public Christian persona.

But I still have a problem with you gossiping about him on the internet.
Call me a nontheist, who disapproves of gossip, if you must.
But I do see something wrong with you speculating about him on the web. I think it's nasty.
But, of course, I will defend your Right to be trashy.
Consider yourself defended.

Tom

Rational Agnostic

I realize that Tebow has made himself a target, by making himself a very public Christian persona.

But I still have a problem with you gossiping about him on the internet.
Call me a nontheist, who disapproves of gossip, if you must.
But I do see something wrong with you speculating about him on the web. I think it's nasty.
But, of course, I will defend your Right to be trashy.
Consider yourself defended.

Tom

Why is it nasty? I never said anything bad about him, I just think he's gay, which is not a bad thing. BTW, when he comes out as gay, you'll remember this post and how I was right (sorry couldn't resist).;)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why is it nasty? I never said anything bad about him, I just think he's gay, which is not a bad thing. BTW, when he comes out as gay, you'll remember this post and how I was right (sorry couldn't resist).;)
Speculating about people's orientation, when it's absolutely none of your business, is a nasty form of gossip.
Tom