• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who don't believe in hell

Sees

Dragonslayer
So better to live without laws.

If the world was a utopia where all people were kind, intelligent, wise, respectful, etc. then it would be. Those people don't need promise of rewards or threats of punishments to live well and act rightly.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If the world was a utopia where all people were kind, intelligent, wise, respectful, etc. then it would be. Those people don't need promise of rewards or threats of punishments to live well and act rightly.

Where this world exists ?

Sees

Dragonslayer
Where this world exists ?

As an idealistic utopia. With families and smaller communities it can be a pretty accurate description though. It is an ideal to strive for with larger and larger societies but basically impossible to perfectly achieve and maintain. So we always have to do warnings, punishments, etc. for the ones not on board. Same even on an internet forum lol

Jedster

Not true, you can't fear what you can't see.
Fearing God means not to be afraid of anything at all including death.
...:>) interesting logic

Edited to add: I can't help noticing that the only 'like'you received for the op is from Godobeyer

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
As an idealistic utopia. With families and smaller communities it can be a pretty accurate description though. It is an ideal to strive for with larger and larger societies but basically impossible to perfectly achieve and maintain. So we always have to do warnings, punishments, etc. for the ones not on board. Same even on an internet forum lol

Which means that there's no escape from having laws and punishment for a better society and to get rid of the impurities.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Which means that there's no escape from having laws and punishment for a better society and to get rid of the impurities.

It keeps things more in check than would otherwise be, hardly purifies though. Most importantly, cruel torture isn't used for the punishments. This is another reason to discount any preaching of the fiery abode of eternal damnation. If the best of us are more merciful and sensible than what we uphold as the highest, greatest, Divine....we have a problem.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It keeps things more in check than would otherwise be, hardly purifies though. Most importantly, cruel torture isn't used for the punishments. This is another reason to discount any preaching of the fiery abode of eternal damnation. If the best of us are more merciful and sensible than what we uphold as the highest, greatest, Divine....we have a problem.

Why you assume that God should be merciful in dealing with all humans ?
Do you think it's kind of cruelty that we keep killing and eating chicken and other living animals ?

Sees

Dragonslayer
Why you assume that God should be merciful in dealing with all humans ?
Do you think it's kind of cruelty that we keep killing and eating chicken and other living animals ?

It has to do with sensibility, intelligence, wisdom. People commit the worse crimes because of flaws and issues - personal, worldly, whatever. If all was swell in their head, in their life, they would be more representative of an intelligent, healthy being. An intelligent, healthy being living the good life neither commits the worse crimes nor tortures those who do. Why would they be sadistic or cruel?

Killing and eating something isn't nearly as bad as extended torture sessions, in my opinion.

allfoak

Alchemist
When i was a child i believed anything was possible.
When i became an adult i learned that there is some limit to this idea of belief.

Belief is where experience begins.

Magic is when, as a child you flip a light switch and the light comes on.
Experience is when you can teach someone else how it works.

Hell was once a place to be feared.
Now, like heaven, it is something to be experienced.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It has to do with sensibility, intelligence, wisdom. People commit the worse crimes because of flaws and issues - personal, worldly, whatever. If all was swell in their head, in their life, they would be more representative of an intelligent, healthy being. An intelligent, healthy being living the good life neither commits the worse crimes nor tortures those who do. Why would they be sadistic or cruel?

Because of the free will, there's the bad and the good, that's why we punish the rapists otherwise we should
let them free and give them one other chance and then if they repeated it then we should let them free and
so and so forth for eternity which doesn't make sense.

Killing and eating something isn't nearly as bad as extended torture sessions, in my opinion.

Really, if you have one chicken that it came back to life after killing and eating it and then you killed and ate
it once again and then it came back to life and you killed and ate it and so on for eternity, what difference it makes,
aren't you cruel by keeping on killing and eating it for eternity.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We aren't the ones to judge and to say who's right and who's wrong, my question was directed for those who
don't believe about the hell fire whereas i do.
What is hell, according to you? Is it a place of personal torment after a person dies?

jonathan180iq

Moon? Football?

moon94cos-1.jpg
More like...

uncle-rico-back-in-82.jpg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As an educator, now retired, I've been long convinced that "hell" is when someone would open up my casket, throw in a large batch of papers, and then say "Here, correct these".:(

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Justice is when the punishment fits the crime. What can any human do that's proportionate to an eternity in hell? Also, if there is a god, they would be a being of pure love and pure logic. Therefore anything devoid of reason or compassion cannot be of god. Hell is just a revenge and torture fantasy dreamt up by mortals.