• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who don't believe in hell

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is nothing but circular reasoning, assuming Gods righteousness. The point is that the actions of God in question seem to point to God not being righteous.
I think it is obvious that God IS righteousness.
Take the example of amputation. A limb is cut off to save the body. Get it?

Unification

He mentioned natural disasters in general. How do you reconcile those with your beliefs about God?

I mentioned the "Moses" story. Forgive me if I neglected the other part.

Exactly as you said, "natural." Nature course correcting, and it's natural that human's physically die. That it's just the physical body that dies. Being completely comfortable with that. I would hope that people are aware of the risks being in the location where they live while not doubting they are naturally where they ought to be for reasons. It is what it is. Some of the best morality and unitedness come when natural "disaster" strikes.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I believe in Hell, but my understanding of it is worlds away from your simplistic Medieval, literalist interpretation of it. Hell is a state, not a literal place. You can experience it while still alive in this realm. It is a state of separation from God. Heaven and Purgatory could also be understood as states of being.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Except that God can presumably save the limb, right?
We are talking about people being cut off. People can and do say no, I do not want it. Can God save even the worst sinner? Of course. But if the sinner does not want saving then to save him God must change him first.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think so. But if a sinner was changed he wouldn't be the same person. Would he?

Dunno. Sometimes the only reason the sinner is sinning is because they have no clear reason to believe that what they are doing is sin. So if God clearly told them it was a sin, then I could see free will being a better argument, but as it is...I dunno.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Unless, of course, the Protestants are right and you end up in Hell because you are not a Christian.

We aren't the ones to judge and to say who's right and who's wrong, my question was directed for those who
don't believe about the hell fire whereas i do.

Jedster

How much you are sure that you're right ?
are you 100% sure that the hell fire doesn't exist and if yes then why ?

Did you think for awhile that the hell fire may exist ?

Will you feel regret if you found yourself in the hell fire afterlife or you won't care about it ?

Hell was invented by those early religionists/politicians to scare people into belief.
In conversations with people that believe in Hell, they are motivated by fear rather than love.
I can see why your name is 'fear God'. ( no offence intended)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why do you believe in hell?

The same way that i believe that Israel does exist, what God promises becomes true, things in the past happened
as God promised it to be, events of today was foretold, why i have to think and believe that everything was due to
a coincidence including the creation of humans.

vaguelyhumanoid

The same way that i believe that Israel does exist, what God promises becomes true, things in the past happened
as God promised it to be, events of today was foretold, why i have to think and believe that everything was due to
a coincidence including the creation of humans.

That doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask "how do you believe in hell", I asked "why do you believe in hell". What's the basis? You've got the burden of proof, and now you've got the floor.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hell was invented by those early religionists/politicians to scare people into belief.
In conversations with people that believe in Hell, they are motivated by fear rather than love.
I can see why your name is 'fear God'. ( no offence intended)

Not true, you can't fear what you can't see.
Fearing God means not to be afraid of anything at all including death.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask "how do you believe in hell", I asked "why do you believe in hell". What's the basis? You've got the burden of proof, and now you've got the floor.

I believe it exists the same way that you believe it doesn't.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I disbelieve in the fiery abode of eternal damnation stuff primarily because I don't hold much stock in the sources from whence it came/developed from.

Also, the more sinister and fear-mongering in nature, the less serious I take it - the more obvious it seems as a tool for submission/assimilation into an awkward, unnatural, unhealthy, foreign ideology. It is conveniently attached to value systems, theology, etc. in stark contrast to my own as well...which makes it an even harder sell of the product being pitched. The basis of marketing is to create or exaggerate problems and present the best, greatest, etc. solution/s. You have to put some faith in the marketer/seller or really put it through its paces. In every way possible, the fiery abode of eternal damnation falls short for me.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I disbelieve in the fiery abode of eternal damnation stuff primarily because I don't hold much stock in the sources from whence it came/developed from.

Also, the more sinister and fear-mongering in nature, the less serious I take it - the more obvious it seems as a tool for submission/assimilation into an awkward, unnatural, unhealthy, foreign ideology. It is conveniently attached to value systems, theology, etc. in stark contrast to my own as well...which makes it an even harder sell of the product being pitched. The basis of marketing is to create or exaggerate problems and present the best, greatest, etc. solution/s. You have to put some faith in the marketer/seller or really put it through its paces. In every way possible, the fiery abode of eternal damnation falls short for me.

Fear-mongering, do you mean it's as stupid as fearing the filthy guys by the power of law ?