• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who believe there is no God live by faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayjaydee

I have wondered about the motives behind what I am reading too. Is it some sort of gap argument? Is the attempt to show atheism is a belief system a segue to a personal religious belief being true by some kind of default? Even if the claim about atheism has to be held up with manipulative, contorted phrasing?

Is it blind devotion to a dogma that must be held at all costs? Would giving even a minor acknowledgement to dissent cause that dogma to be irretrievably shattered?I

Whatever is going on, no one can have absolute perfection in substance countering every poster that has brought facts to bear here.
I think it's closer to narcissism and an extreme fear of being wrong and the damage it does to the self image

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe we should stop “feeding the Troll” with tasty morsels of reason?
That thought has also occurred to me. It has been successfully applied in some cases. With rare exception, I usually don't put people on ignore. But there are those whose posts I no longer bother even reading, since anything they have to say has been said and no amount of reason or evidence will ever be considered by them. Some people are so closed there is no point to keep knocking.

The question for myself here, is not if, but rather, when.

Status
Not open for further replies.