• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who believe there is no God live by faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdAngel

Hi all some questions for consideration for this OP....

1. If one does not believe that there is a God and they have no evidence that there is no God does that mean that God does not exist?

2. If one believes there is no God and cannot prove there is no God then is this belief simply another religion that is based on faith and not evidence?

3. Now for those who do not believe in God and you have no evidence for this belief (faith), does it not worry you that you could be wrong if the scriptures are true?

4. Finally if there is a God obviously not all religions can be correct as many are contradictory to each other. How would one go about finding what is the correct faith? Seems we all live by faith IMO wheather we believe or do not believe in God.

I believe God's judgments are coming to this world to all those who do not believe and follow God's Word according to the scriptures. Can you prove they are not

Thanks for your thoughts...

exchemist

Veteran Member

1. If one does not believe that there is a God and they have no evidence that there is no God does that mean that God does not exist?

2. If one believes there is no God and cannot prove there is no God then is this belief simply another religion that is based on faith and not evidence?

3. Now for those who do not believe in God and you have no evidence for this belief (faith), does it not worry you that you could be wrong if the scriptures are true?

4. Finally if there is a God obviously not all religions can be correct as many are contradictory to each other. How would one go about finding what is the correct faith? Seems we all live by faith IMO wheather we believe or do not believe in God.

I believe God's judgments are coming to this world to all those who do not believe and follow God's Word according to the scriptures. Can you prove they are not

"Prove me wrong" has been the cry of the crank down the ages. It does not work like that. It is the person making the claim that has to be prepared to justify it.

3rdAngel

"Prove me wrong" has been the cry of the crank down the ages. It does not work like that. It is the person making the claim that has to be prepared to justify it.
Not really an athiest or athiesm according to the Oxford dictionary which is the same as many other dictionary definitions is disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. So if someone does not believe in the existence of God or gods is still a belief just the same as someone that believes in God is a belief. Now both do not have evidence for their belief so the only conclusion is that both beliefs are not based on evidence therefore their beliefs are based on faith (no evidence; unproven) IMO.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Not really an athiest or athiesm according to the Oxford dictionary which is the same as many other dictionary definitions is disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. So if someone does not believe in God or gods whatever way you want to spin it, not believing in God is a belief just the same as someone that believes in God is a belief. Now both do not have evidence for their belief so the only conclusion is that both beliefs are not based on evidence therefore their beliefs are based on faith (no evidence; unproven) IMO.
I was addressing your claim: "I believe God's judgments are coming to this world to all those who do not believe and follow God's Word according to the scriptures. Can you prove they are not"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not really an athiest or athiesm according to the Oxford dictionary which is the same as many other dictionary definitions is disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

So if someone does not believe in God or gods whatever way you want to spin it, not believing in God is a belief just the same as someone that believes in God is a belief.

Now both do not have evidence for their belief so the only conclusion is that both beliefs are not based on evidence therefore their beliefs are based on faith (no evidence; unproven) IMO.
Did you not see the word "or" in that definition?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure as posted earlier they are still beliefs that have no evidence for what they believe therefore faith IMO
Nope, go back and reread the definition. Here is a helpful hint. To understand it break it down into two different sentences. If you have problems I can help.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Since I can neither support the existence nor nonexistence of a God I choose not to have a belief about either case. I realize the question is not for me but I wonder how many people actually believe there is no God. Without being able to support it, either belief held is a matter of preference, not fact.

3rdAngel

And you did not understand it. Reading comprehension issues again.
How can I not understand it? I simply quoted the dictionary definition of athiesm. What is there do not understand? You have already told me elsewhere you do not beleive in the existence of God did you not?

3rdAngel

Nope, go back and reread the definition. Here is a helpful hint. To understand it break it down into two different sentences. If you have problems I can help.
No need to if you do not like the definition perhaps take it up with those who wrote the dictionary's :)

3rdAngel

Since I can neither support the existence nor nonexistence of a God I choose not to have a belief about either case. I realize the question is not for me but I wonder how many people actually believe there is no God. Without being able to support it, either belief held is a matter of preference, not fact.
Thankyou Nakosis someone who is at least being honest in their view which is pretty much the point of the OP.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How can I not understand it? I simply quoted the dictionary definition of athiesm. What is there do not understand? You have already told me elsewhere you do not beleive in the existence of God did you not?
Don't ask me why you can't understand it. And yes, you quoted it so your inability to understand it is rather amazing.

3rdAngel

Don't ask me why you can't understand it. And yes, you quoted it so your inability to understand it is rather amazing.
Ok perhaps you can prove why you think I do not understand it and why you think not believing in God or the existance of God or lack of belief is not a belief? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.