• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Those that say there is no God"

Ronald

I don’t understand! Those who have made a conscious decision “There is no God.” What attracts you to a forum like Religious Forum, Religious Education?

I was once an Atheist, I had made the conscious decision there was no God. I had no use for the Bible, the churches, nor its people. I avoided them like the plague, I wanted none of their religious talk nor their God. They spoke wondrous things, quoted nice passages, said God loves you, wants you to be one of his children. But I lived in their town, I saw things that they didn’t talk about, their sins, some of them even said “I am forgiven of my sins, past, present and future.” (that I couldn’t believe, as I had been baptized, sometime earlier) Anyway, they were in my opinion hypocrites. Stay way from me and mine!

Never, would have I, gone to them to discuss their God, Bible or Church. This is my experience, what I knew.

So, what is it that makes you spend so many hours on Religious Forums?
I really want to know.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Do you have a problem with Atheists being here, Ronald? We welcome all beliefs and that includes Atheism. Or prehaps your problem is with the name of the forum?

This a forum to discuss and learn about all kinds of religious topics, and doesn't necessarily mean we are all religious in practice.

Ronald

I asked a question, I want an answer to.

Do you have a problem with my question?

I have no problem with anyone on the forum, except maybe, people who put words in my posts.

What did you find offensive in it?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Actually, I found the question thought provoking.

There's a couple of reasons I participate here. (1) I find the Bible and West-Semitic history endlessly fascinating and enjoy debating related topics. (2) I think religion without God(s) is viable and a concept worth pursuing. (3) I believe that certain forms of backwardness are degrading to society and should be actively fought.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit

I don't know what it is, but I'm sure glad it does keep them coming back! The group makes up some of our best and most insightful debators.

The same question could be asked just as easily of the non-atheists. (And really, it could.) The fellowship here on the forums is enough to keep me here, no matter what my beliefs, and I would imagine that would similarly apply to others here.

Pah

Uber all member
I really want to know.
I'm here for one reason. I'm patriotic and am defending against an imposition of faith into government policy and power. That accounts for some of my hours. The others are because, honoring the vision of the man that created this place, I want to make it as smooth as possible for the site and the membership to grow.

I guess that's two reasons

Bob

linwood

I find the acceptance of the Bible and most other religious texts fascinating.
I seek to understand why people believe the words in it so deeply that they will build their lives around it.

I also think many of the people who do this are dangerous to my society as the vast majority of religions are sects of supremecy and intolerance whether they want to admit it or not.

I think this is something that needs to be pointed out, constantly.

Religion has molded my society in ways nothing else has or could have, I don`t particularly see what it has done as being beneficial.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Ronald said:
I asked a question, I want an answer to.

Do you have a problem with my question?

I have no problem with anyone on the forum, except maybe, people who put words in my posts.

What did you find offensive in it?

Not offensive, just confused on why you're questioning a whole group on their membership. I don't see anyone questioning the Buddhists or the Pagans on their membership. People have different reasons for joining a forum, I don't see why it's a big mystery why we have Atheists here.

Ronald--

I do not believe in God. And you do not believe in Vishnu. Neither statement precludes either of us from being religious and/or interested in learning about other religions.

For me personally, the most important reason for coming to this forum is this: I'm looking for truth. I'm looking for the truth about the Bible, the truth about free will, the truth about nature--you name it. The problem is, I am a skeptic, and the thing of which I am most skeptical is myself. That is why I want to hear what everyone has to say, and I want them to tell me why they think I'm wrong. There is one, single question on my mind, and it is something that I cannot answer through solitary reflection alone: do my beliefs accurately reflect the truth?

Ceridwen018

If we weren't here, Ronald, what would you Christians talk about?

Honestly, after your introductory post, I'm interested to know why you still believe!

Ronald

Ceridwen018 said:

Honestly, after your introductory post, I'm interested to know why you still believe!
Didn't you read my post on "Atheist Life is Worthless"? Where in I gave my testamony on how I became a believer.
Why I still believe? Because He touched me! He saved my life and sanity.Lu 7:47 This is the reason why I tell you that her sins, her many sins, are forgiven—because she has loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."

He forgave me much, so very much.

If you ever noticed I don't often frequent many thread about Atheist. Been there, done that.
I am not out to convert anyone especially an Atheist, as I know what it takes for one like me to get religion.
quote;

I am not Christian, I am of the Way. Almost Hebrew, but accepting the advent of the Mashiach.

I just try to insert the unadulterated "Word of God" to areas that false concept are esspoused. Like Immortal Soul, Hell, go to heaven or things not in scripture, like rapture, trinity, I am God, Christmas or _aster.
Joh 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
Okay!

Ronald

Oh, BTW, to the rest of you who answered, they were very good answers, many were outstanding.
All things, that are not in my experiences.
Carry on! Got my answer. Thanks.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I asked a question something similar on the athiest discussion section. I find religion interesting, like I find Greek mythology so.

I'm glad to say I've learned things from the people here.

SoulTYPE

Okay, I will answer this.

I came here originally to discuss a certain belief I have. When I first arrived, had it only been a Christian board, I would have left almost instantly. The fact that this board offers discussion on
ANY eligion, even the one I have stated in my profile, (whether anyone wants to discuss it back or not) is a great privelidge.

See what I like about this board is that you all are accepted here, regardless of religion, and if this board was only one religion, it wouldn't be what it is today.

Now, I have been to Christian boards before, and I can say 75% of the discussions here (religious wise) would not be tolerated.