• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Woman Describes Herself As An "Anti-Feminist", Is She Making Any Sense?

Ruadri Canmore

Knight Errant
Up until recently when I heard the term Anti-Feminist, I've pictured crazy right wingers who think all women should be men's slaves, or single 40 year olds who rant about how women are evil because they can't get laid.

However a few days ago I found this series of videos on Youtube made by a Woman who claims to be an Anti-Feminist, which threw me for a bit of a curve. And the stuff she says seems to make sense to me.

Could you all watch this video and tell me whether she is actually making sense or am I missing something?

And please watch the whole video before you post.

[youtube]gekyg7yy4Dc[/youtube]
Systemic Gendered Violence? - YouTube

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Just watch the video please. Its far too complex to summarize.
Maybe later, but probably not. It's near 20 minutes, and quite frankly she bored me in 30 seconds.

Besides, if it makes so much sense, you should be able to put it into your own words.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If I'm going to be frank about it, I think it's kind of stupid of her to argue that feminism is somehow to blame for unequal treatment of males in such things as gender violence. But I suppose she's trying to persuade fairly stupid people by such a transparently clumsy argument. Smarter people would seem to me less likely to buy it. So, I give her a high grade for her marketing skills.

Me Myself

Back to my username
If I'm going to be frank about it, I think it's kind of stupid of her to argue that feminism is somehow to blame for unequal treatment of males in such things as gender violence. But I suppose she's trying to persuade fairly stupid people by such a transparently clumsy argument. Smarter people would seem to me less likely to buy it. So, I give her a high grade for her marketing skills.

Idk.

I am not sayinf that feminist was not vital at some point or that it no longers has good contributions, but I do think it would be careless to say that it only has a good impact.

The way I see it a lot of feminist campaigns are sensationalists in a way that confuse a lot of people into thinking the sort of things she is debating against there.

I think those are very real subjects that even the inteligent people can overlook because "they are supposed to" and "gentlemanry" garbage.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Feminism =/= Matriarchy

That's all I have to say about it, and to back up your point. :yes:

Ruadri Canmore

Knight Errant

Why is it stupid to argue that feminism is to blame for the unequal treatment of males in matters of gender violence? What parts of her arguement were invalid?

I'm not at all saying that it is but I do love the academic process and would very much like to hear your arguments about why you think she is wrong.

Me Myself

Back to my username
:biglaugh: Yup, all those oppressed men running the world need someone to stand up for them.

Holy cow man.

That´s exactly why we need this thing. People like yuo have no idea and just laugh.

The laws on my country blatantly favor women.

till very recently, only men could "rape". Women are always favored when they say ther eis domestic violence towards them but thik hard how many men are given any credibility when they say their wife is violent?

And we are even expected to not hit back if we are hit by a woman.

The woman in the youtube video simply speaks a lot of truths.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Why is it stupid to argue that feminism is to blame for the unequal treatment of males in matters of gender violence?
Because it's a legacy of the macho man stereotype. Feminism isn't to blame for people laughing at a man getting beaten by a woman, the idea that women are powerless is.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Why is it stupid to argue that feminism is to blame for the unequal treatment of males in matters of gender violence? What parts of her arguement were invalid?

I'm not at all saying that it is but I do love the academic process and would very much like to hear your arguments about why you think she is wrong.

Just giving my thought about it:

Thank God that feminism existed!

I guess it still does some good things (maybe a lot, I dont know) , but I definetely know it has also favored misconceptions about the subjects that this woman is talking about for example.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Because it's a legacy of the macho man stereotype. Feminism isn't to blame for people laughing at a man getting beaten by a woman, the idea that women are powerless is.

Whil I definetely agree it didn´t start with feminism, I think it is very fair to say that feminism made it worst.

It is so common by feminist speech to hear as if the man was the most to blame for things like what she is talking abuot right now.

Maybe that´s not because of feminism in itself , but only because it lacked the counter argument that I think masculism should be doing.

That´s why I think they should gain more power.

Ruadri Canmore

Knight Errant

Earlier you said you stopped watching the video 30 seconds in.

If you didn't watch the video (the whole video) then please don't participate in this discussion.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Whil I definetely agree it didn´t start with feminism, I think it is very fair to say that feminism made it worst.
HOW!?

It is so common by feminist speech to hear as if the man was the most to blame for things like what she is talking abuot right now.
Not where I'm fromk

Maybe that´s not because of feminism in itself , but only because it lacked the counter argument that I think masculism should be doing.
What argument would that be?

That´s why I think they should gain more power.
White men are not exactly disenfranchised, you know.

Earlier you said you stopped watching the video 30 seconds in.

If you didn't watch the video (the whole video) then please don't participate in this discussion.
If you don't want people to post, don't post in an open forum. I say what I please, when I please. Cope.

Shermana

Heretic

Ah, don't take his conversation "Seriously", backing up claims are often not a priority for those on the "Pro-feminist" side of the debate, emotional rhetoric is good enough for them.

I do believe that the excesses and extremes of the "Feminist" movements have only strengthened the hostile reaction against them, at first the process wasn't so bad when it was strictly political : (Okay, you can now work for whoever will hire you and vote, sounds fair....though they do vote overwhelmingly liberal and pro-big-government..........), but then it got social and once it got "Social", all the brown matter they threw at the fan came back at them in spades.

Additionally, modern social "Feminism" has also simply given many women an excuse to do what men have wanted them to do for centuries: Be more promiscuous without emotional considerations. The feminists have played into the rich players' hands better than their wildest dreams could predict. Such forms of "Social" Feminism has made it an even better time to be a rich, good looking guy.

The anti-feminist women who can recognize the faults and flaws of the movement which have turned it into what it is are the best hope for the Female kind.

With that, I think this woman is correct when she says that men are portrayed as the only abusers, I think her point is clear, as long as feminists try to blame as much as they can solely on the men, it will backfire. The problems of gender-related violence have existed since long before Feminism, and I don't think Feminism has made things necessarily better. I've known about more than a few women who have violently attacked their men first as well.

Last edited: