• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is Why Your God Will Condemn You Atheist Bashers to Hell

syo

Let's get real. If there is a god, and if that god is (as you atheist bashers seem to believe) personally interested in your morals and values, then what possible grounds do you have to assume even for a nanosecond that god is going to want to spend eternity next to someone as hateful as you?
Amen. In orthodox christianity, God says to love everyone, even enemies. And God will judge EVERYONE based on that. Atheist bashers are going straight to hell, because they show no love.

The 'love your enemy' mentality is what characterizes a true christian. Orthodox saints who found God have said that loving our friends is easy, even disbelievers love their friends. So, what makes a christian special? Loving their enemies too. And loving EVERYONE makes a true christian.

Phaedrus

Amen. In orthodox christianity, God says to love everyone, even enemies. And God will judge EVERYONE based on that. Atheist bashers are going straight to hell, because they show no love.

The 'love your enemy' mentality is what characterizes a true christian. Orthodox saints who found God have said that loving our friends is easy, even disbelievers love their friends. So, what makes a christian special? Loving their enemies too. And loving EVERYONE makes a true christian.

The irony of theists believing in America's politicized atmosphere is that they have forgotten how to be Christ-like.

Ghandi got it right:
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

syo

The irony of theists believing in America's politicized atmosphere is that they have forgotten how to be Christ-like.

Ghandi got it right:
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

― Mahatma Gandhi
Most christians are full of hate. So, are they really christians??? If Jesus saw todays christians, what would he think???

sealchan

An open letter to atheist bashers.​

Dear Atheist Basher,

Let's get real. If there is a god, and if that god is (as you atheist bashers seem to believe) personally interested in your morals and values, then what possible grounds do you have to assume even for a nanosecond that god is going to want to spend eternity next to someone as hateful as you?

I mean, you not only figuratively froth at the mouth with hatred when bashing atheists, you so very often lie about atheists when you bash atheists. What are the odds your god is going to want you and your kind by their side?

If I was you, and I believed in the personal god you believe in, I would first beg that god to forgive me for being a hateful person, and then I would spend the rest of my life trying to appreciate and understand this world, their creation, rather than spend even one more minute condemning it.

I'm not BSing you: That is exactly what I would do if I believed in your god but had spent as many years as you have bashing atheists -- atheists and only your god knows how many other people and groups of people.

Oh by the way, if I believed in your god, I would expect to spend eternity in hell right alongside people who bash theists like you bash atheists. So, you might want to get to like theist bashers. Seems to me you're going to be spending a whole lot of time with them if you are right about your god. But it should not be too hard for you to get to like theist bashers. After all, you have so much in common with them.

Now I don't believe in your god, but if I did --- I sure as certain would not be bashing atheists -- and perhaps just about everyone else -- while expecting a pleasant reward for being hateful and (most often) deceptive.

Sincerely.

The best argument for something is a refutation of an argument against it, given with wit, wisdom and confidence.

Those who bash, argue against themselves.

sealchan

Most christians are full of hate. So, are they really christians??? If Jesus saw todays christians, what would he think???

This, from Matthew 4 (NIV: Biblehub.com)...

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ ”

Many Christians today have taken the bait.

Erebus

So you actually think your god likes and enjoys hateful people who tell lies about other people? You think that is more likely to be the case than that the Biblical passages that seem to support that notion were written by hateful, lying men? Your god condones, likes, and embraces hatred and lies?

Have you really thought about this?

It's a terrifying notion isn't it?

An omnipotent, omniscient creator god who has the thought processes and emotions of a psychopathic child. The full ramifications of that paint a truly bleak picture of existence.

sealchan

Another way to look at this is, God's laws are analogous to the laws nature in that they are part of natural creation and have a natural cause and affect. For example, based on the laws of gravity, if you jump off a large mountain you shall surely die. This is not a threat or value judgment. Nor is it mother nature being mean and heartless. Rather, it is a statement of fact based on natural laws that have been in existence since the universe began. It states common sense based on casual laws of nature.

This statement is not about mother earth being mean or cruel to humans by having formed gravity so as to spoil mountain jumping. Rather it is about willful humans thinking the rules need to be changed to accommodate their whims and desires, no matter how irrational. If these whims are not accommodated and gravity remains as it has always been, then the father in heaven is being mean. Does this sound familiar?

The term relative morality is connected to willfully changing the natural laws of humans nature, under the assumption any choice for natural law is as optimized as another. This opinion is based on will, choice and irrationality but not science. There is no scientific proof that relative morality is as valid. One can more easily prove the opposite, based on comparing resource requirements. Best will require least since this mimics nature.

If you are an atheist and believe in evolution, then every mutation or change is not selected via natural selection. There are optimized changes that go beyond your own personal preferences. If there is a mutation, and you like it, this does not means this is naturally optimized. It is not about mother nature being mean, because the dog cannot have five legs, like you prefer. Mutations in the operating system of the brain; connected to morality, have their own criteria for natural selection.

Well said. I've tried to make a similar point in pointing out that for believers a God of reality must stand behind the amorality of creation. The pronouncement of God's creation as good although it is also clearly amoral from our perspective, is very important to understand.

I've been toying with the idea that God is playing a game too where He creates something and then does not go back on that "decision". Thereby He willingly plays forward by the rules He set up. This self-limiting behavior pushes Him into having to accept the amoral terms and to promote morality in spite of it.

This seems to me to be the primary moral dilemma whether one is a believer or not.

Phaedrus

In retrospect, it's almost as though you're re-creating god through differential interpretation.

It speaks volumes of the theistic mind.

A Vestigial Mote

I'm not sure how I feel about the OP. I honestly don't like the emphasis on "bashing." I'll be the very first to admit that my feelings simply do not matter in a conversation. What matters more to me is that people (myself included in this) don't walk around thinking and acting on ignorant things or uninformed opinions. Mostly what I see from theists is terribly (more like terrifyingly) uninformed opinions. These don't hurt my feelings as much as they just tick me off, and I feel very compelled to try and correct their intellectual oversights. And then I get labeled as one of these "bashers" in many cases when I haven't really been doing anything of the sort. Note that this is NOT me claiming that I never "bash" - I consider myself to be one of the best at this, and if I am going to hell for something that enjoyable, so be it! Couldn't have gone any other way.

And maybe that's something I need to investigate more for my own purposes - am I only unsettled at the tone/words of the OP because I am one of these bashers and don't want to face that I am doing something I should be compelled to feel is objectively (at least as much as something can be) wrong? I don't know.

shmogie

Dear Atheist Basher,

I mean, you not only figuratively froth at the mouth with hatred when bashing atheists, you so very often lie about atheists when you bash atheists. What are the odds your god is going to want you and your kind by their side?

If I was you, and I believed in the personal god you believe in, I would first beg that god to forgive me for being a hateful person, and then I would spend the rest of my life trying to appreciate and understand this world, their creation, rather than spend even one more minute condemning it.

I'm not BSing you: That is exactly what I would do if I believed in your god but had spent as many years as you have bashing atheists -- atheists and only your god knows how many other people and groups of people.

Oh by the way, if I believed in your god, I would expect to spend eternity in hell right alongside people who bash theists like you bash atheists. So, you might want to get to like theist bashers. Seems to me you're going to be spending a whole lot of time with them if you are right about your god. But it should not be too hard for you to get to like theist bashers. After all, you have so much in common with them.

Now I don't believe in your god, but if I did --- I sure as certain would not be bashing atheists -- and perhaps just about everyone else -- while expecting a pleasant reward for being hateful and (most often) deceptive.

Sincerely.

Hmmm, what would constitutes bashing atheists ? Certainly calling names, like they have called me and others would.

Is engaging in spirited discussion of their ideaś considered bashing them ?

BTW, you are not going to burn in hell forever. Your non belief is ultimately going to net you exactly what you believe, eternal oblivion.

shmogie

I'm not sure how I feel about the OP. I honestly don't like the emphasis on "bashing." I'll be the very first to admit that my feelings simply do not matter in a conversation. What matters more to me is that people (myself included in this) don't walk around thinking and acting on ignorant things or uninformed opinions. Mostly what I see from theists is terribly (more like terrifyingly) uninformed opinions. These don't hurt my feelings as much as they just tick me off, and I feel very compelled to try and correct their intellectual oversights. And then I get labeled as one of these "bashers" in many cases when I haven't really been doing anything of the sort. Note that this is NOT me claiming that I never "bash" - I consider myself to be one of the best at this, and if I am going to hell for something that enjoyable, so be it! Couldn't have gone any other way.

And maybe that's something I need to investigate more for my own purposes - am I only unsettled at the tone/words of the OP because I am one of these bashers and don't want to face that I am doing something I should be compelled to feel is objectively (at least as much as something can be) wrong? I don't know.
Children don´t know their name calling is wrong, they like it. Facts and issues are irrelevant to them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Catholics and most protestants tell me I'm going to suffer for all eternity in hell because I haven't fallen for their nonsense.
They kick me off of their religious forums because I don't believe man was created with an immortal soul or that God is a Trinity.
Their number one essential belief in order to be saved from suffering forever is that God is a Trinity.

Hey you want to try being atheist if you want to see religion making threats

That is your opinion, not the opinion of the majority

A Vestigial Mote

Children don´t know their name calling is wrong, they like it. Facts and issues are irrelevant to them.
Name calling without purpose is one thing, and is something I don't believe I participate in. Things like "You're a butthead." or "You're weird." aren't said by me. If I ever cut someone with words, it's on the end of a point made in an argument, targeted at how they are behaving or the degree to which I feel they are misinformed - not just hanging there, in the air, without substantiation. I don't think it is the same thing I am talking about.

shmogie

Oh, so your brand is the palatable one... So that's why you're here posting where you think you might gain support from Atheists, where a common vitriol for Catholocism might help draw Atheists into your version of Christianity.

...The premise is flawed.
The issue isn´t gaining support from atheists from any perspective.

It is their choice to accept or reject, it isn´t my problem.

However, atheism is the antithesis of religious belief, therefore their positions are fine fodder for believers.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When I read the word "bash", I think of some primitive human with an animal skin for clothing bashing another human with a large club.

We've evolved, of course, because now the animal skin comes from a clothing store and the club is verbal. Progress!

shmogie

Name calling without purpose is one thing, and is something I don't believe I participate in. Things like "You're a butthead." or "You're weird." aren't said by me. If I ever cut someone with words, it's on the end of a point made in an argument, targeted at how they are behaving or the degree to which I feel they are misinformed - not just hanging there, in the air, without substantiation. I don't think it is the same thing I am talking about.
ANY personal negative reference is wrong. When the "you¨ statements begin, the conversation has most likely degenerated.

I know from experience it is sometimes hard to not point out to a knothead that he is a knothead, yet, it is wrong, and childish.

I ignore these types of folk.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Dear Atheist Basher,

Sincerely.

I haven't yet encountered atheist bashers here, but I've seen atheist trolls that are addicted to sending me up to 8 hateful thread posts a day... I LOVE ME some atheists, actually!

shmogie

Interesting response. I agree loving your enemies is important.

However, I am uneasy by the doormat Christian concept. My belief structure does not enjoin me to receive incoming abuse with a smile.

I have the right from a social concept of decent behavior to point out boorishness, and to say adios and use my ignore list.

A Vestigial Mote

ANY personal negative reference is wrong.
I know this sounds "good," but I don't know if I can agree. Think along the lines of "satire." Comedic or hyperbolic representation of a real scenario or person. Intended, specifically, to "poke fun", insult and get people thinking. I can't call this method of expression "wrong." I simply can't.

shmogie

I know this sounds "good," but I don't know if I can agree. Think along the lines of "satire." Comedic or hyperbolic representation of a real scenario or person. Intended, specifically, to "poke fun", insult and get people thinking. I can't call this method of expression "wrong." I simply can't.
Well, satire ( most people no longer understand it), or hyperbole are fine when used regarding a belief or position taken.

Why insult anyone ? Your idea that an insult gets someone to think is true, they think how rude you are, or how to get back at you, their thinking about the issue, your justification for insult, doesn´t survive.

I a a geezer now, and my beliefs have changed, but there was a time when the face to face expression of an insult to me might have netted you some serious pain. Either side in that scenario accomplished nothing.

Insulting someone is the refuge of those who cannot articulate a cogent argument.

If I choose to insult, I have allowed my correspondent to steer my behavior and make me do something that is wrong.

I try my very best to not do it.