• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is Why Your God Will Condemn You Atheist Bashers to Hell

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
atheism like any other false idea, does not make for good chances concerning hell, so forth.

Not really my problem what you do with that information.

Very kind of you, and no doubt many atheists would be equally charitable - telling you where to shove your condescension.

Darkforbid

Sorry, it's just that I missed the part where you get to assume people are atheists if they don't believe in an interventionist God.

Oh, I see posting 'I don't believe in your God' to everyone on a forum means you do believe in God,, sounds like atheist logic to me

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Then I can no longer take your rants about how evil God is seriously. You won't listen to counter points. You'll just retreat to the ol' "God's not real anyway" cliche. :rolleyes:
Well, you do understand that I'm an atheist, don't you? That, by definition, means that I do not believe in the existence of a deity.

However, I live in a world populated by a lot of people who believe otherwise. The world I live in is mostly Christian, with a growing number of Muslims and Hindus, a fair smattering of Jews, and a few others. And all of these tell me, one way or another, about their "God," and what that god is and wants. They then refer me to their holy books, wherein I'm told I can find all the evidences for what they believe about their god and what he wants. And therein lies a big problem, because if you really delve into those books (and in my case, that is principally the Christian Bible which contains a lot of the Jewish scripture, as well), you discover that what people think about their deity is most definitely not reflected in the books that they claim defend their beliefs.

I'm told, for example, that I simply don't understand what the story of Abraham and Isaac is really about -- that it's just a test of faith or something like that. Except, of course, I'm told at the same time that this God knows the heart of everyone. So what test is needed to prove what the deity already knows? Why threaten a terrified boy with death when there's nothing at all to prove?

So you see, when I write about "God," I'm not actually writing about the-God-that-is, but about humans THINK about the deity they believe in -- and that's a very different thing. And I often find, by the way, that the god people believe in presents some very real dilemmas that cannot be resolved, and which are therefore merely ignored.

shmogie

Excellent point, he is pis*ed at a God he says doesn´t exist. Seems either suspicious, or wildly misplaced emotion.

unisus

The Awaited Messenger
Most "atheists" are delightfully compliant with the intention of this post: The opportunity to manipulate and control other people by their own belief-systems. I find it convenient that you are willing to use guilt-trips, cast judgment, and then when everything is pointed out you say, "But I don't believe in any of it!"

Of course then when asked, "Then why speak about it?" You naturally anoint yourself the position of heroes, claiming, "To defend ourselves from all the evil hatred!" Alas, you are both hero, victim, and all the saints combined although you live by your own morals which equates to unspeakable chaos—having nothing to do with a valuable character.

If you really don't believe in all these "fairy-tales" you consider to be nothing more than "clever systems of mind control", then why ought you peruse religious forums to exploit all this "mind-control" for your own advantage—unquestionably & purposefully evoking immeasurable amounts of incessant fear, hatred, resentment, divisions, and judgments against the pious?

You push people to hate you, then claim you're vindicated because you believe in nothing; meanwhile you judge the theist and use guilt-trips against them.

I imagine if you consider their mind-control to be such an exploit, your belligerent attempt to exempt yourself from guilt while guilt-tripping them into smithereens is far more worthy of social outcasting than organized religion. Listen to yourself; you're like a 30 year old man running around pushing handicap people out of wheelchairs. "You are confined by your beliefs, so let me just introduce a thousand reasons you should feel like your own Lord hates your guts, considers you unworthy, disgusting, putrid vile & worthless trash — beneath the unbeliever, even — and worthy of endless torture in the hell you believe in."

It must feel so powerful & convenient to judge religious people while twisting their own Scripts for your purpose, yet still playing off their beliefs to horrify them into believing in a miserable fate.

Of course, again, when confronted about you exploiting people's beliefs, you then squirm your way out of the limelight of your actions like all snakes do: "I'm not judging! I don't even believe in it!" No, except that you are judging; you are literally using people's beliefs in hell to cast them into massive psychological fears about condemnation.

And I don't believe you're atheist at all, but rather you are in fact Satanists who paint your deeds black, then turn out the lights hoping you'll be free to exercise them without limit & without reproof.

Segev Moran

Let's get real. If there is a god, and if that god is (as you atheist bashers seem to believe) personally interested in your morals and values, then what possible grounds do you have to assume even for a nanosecond that god is going to want to spend eternity next to someone as hateful as you?
There is a God. It cares not what you do with your life.
And why do you think God is not next to you right now?
I mean, you not only figuratively froth at the mouth with hatred when bashing atheists, you so very often lie about atheists when you bash atheists.
Thats sad.
It will usually be due to Ignorance.
What are the odds your god is going to want you and your kind by their side?
100%
If I was you , and I believed in the personal god you believe in, I would first beg that god to forgive me for being a hateful person, and then I would spend the rest of my life trying to appreciate and understand this world, their creation, rather than spend even one more minute condemning it.
Agreed.
This is a major part of the Jewish belief.
I'm not BSing you: That is exactly what I would do if I believed in your god but had spent as many years as you have bashing atheists -- atheists and only your god knows how many other people and groups of people.
Too bad you don't believe.
You are missing out an amazing journey.
Sounds like you would have been an amazing believer ;)
Oh by the way, if I believed in your god, I would expect to spend eternity in hell right alongside people who bash theists like you bash atheists. So, you might want to get to like theist bashers. Seems to me you're going to be spending a whole lot of time with them if you are right about your god. But it should not be too hard for you to get to like theist bashers. After all, you have so much in common with them.
What do you mean hell... THERE IS HELL???
;)

Now I don't believe in your god, but if I did --- I sure as certain would not be bashing atheists -- and perhaps just about everyone else -- while expecting a pleasant reward for being hateful and (most often) deceptive.

Sincerely.

[/QUOTE]

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Most "atheists" are delightfully compliant with the intention of this post: The opportunity to manipulate and control other people by their own belief-systems. I find it convenient that you are willing to use guilt-trips, cast judgment, and then when everything is pointed out you say, "But I don't believe in any of it!"

Of course then when asked, "Then why speak about it?" You naturally anoint yourself the position of heroes, claiming, "To defend ourselves from all the evil hatred!" Alas, you are both hero, victim, and all the saints combined although you live by your own morals which equates to unspeakable chaos—having nothing to do with a valuable character.

If you really don't believe in all these "fairy-tales" you consider to be nothing more than "clever systems of mind control", then why ought you peruse religious forums to exploit all this "mind-control" for your own advantage—unquestionably & purposefully evoking immeasurable amounts of incessant fear, hatred, resentment, divisions, and judgments against the pious?

You push people to hate you, then claim you're vindicated because you believe in nothing; meanwhile you judge the theist and use guilt-trips against them.

I imagine if you consider their mind-control to be such an exploit, your belligerent attempt to exempt yourself from guilt while guilt-tripping them into smithereens is far more worthy of social outcasting than organized religion. Listen to yourself; you're like a 30 year old man running around pushing handicap people out of wheelchairs. "You are confined by your beliefs, so let me just introduce a thousand reasons you should feel like your own Lord hates your guts, considers you unworthy, disgusting, putrid vile & worthless trash — beneath the unbeliever, even — and worthy of endless torture in the hell you believe in."

It must feel so powerful & convenient to judge religious people while twisting their own Scripts for your purpose, yet still playing off their beliefs to horrify them into believing in a miserable fate.

Of course, again, when confronted about you exploiting people's beliefs, you then squirm your way out of the limelight of your actions like all snakes do: "I'm not judging! I don't even believe in it!" No, except that you are judging; you are literally using people's beliefs in hell to cast them into massive psychological fears about condemnation.

And I don't believe you're atheist at all, but rather you are in fact Satanists who paint your deeds black, then turn out the lights hoping you'll be free to exercise them without limit & without reproof.
With all due respect, all atheists do not behave as you have delineated in your rather long post. Maybe some atheists do trash theists and theism and the Bible but many atheists do not do that at all. Many atheists simply do not believe in God because they see no evidence that God exists and they do not trash theism or theists. They are decent people who live moral lives. In fact, many atheists lead more moral lives than some religious people who believe that are saved and forgiven without having to do anything. Moreover, these atheists do not believe that they get any rewards in heaven for being good, they are good for the sake of goodness itself.

Why we find so many atheists on a religious forum is another subject. I imagine that every atheist has his or her own reasons and we theists cannot know what those reasons are unless the atheists tell us. :)

74x12

Well, you do understand that I'm an atheist, don't you? That, by definition, means that I do not believe in the existence of a deity.

However, I live in a world populated by a lot of people who believe otherwise. The world I live in is mostly Christian, with a growing number of Muslims and Hindus, a fair smattering of Jews, and a few others. And all of these tell me, one way or another, about their "God," and what that god is and wants. They then refer me to their holy books, wherein I'm told I can find all the evidences for what they believe about their god and what he wants. And therein lies a big problem, because if you really delve into those books (and in my case, that is principally the Christian Bible which contains a lot of the Jewish scripture, as well), you discover that what people think about their deity is most definitely not reflected in the books that they claim defend their beliefs.

I'm told, for example, that I simply don't understand what the story of Abraham and Isaac is really about -- that it's just a test of faith or something like that. Except, of course, I'm told at the same time that this God knows the heart of everyone. So what test is needed to prove what the deity already knows? Why threaten a terrified boy with death when there's nothing at all to prove?

So you see, when I write about "God," I'm not actually writing about the-God-that-is, but about humans THINK about the deity they believe in -- and that's a very different thing. And I often find, by the way, that the god people believe in presents some very real dilemmas that cannot be resolved, and which are therefore merely ignored.
I understand you.

But just answering from my own point of view. Just so you can understand me.

Unfortunately the scriptures can't be understood just as easily as you make it seem. They require a lot of studying and understanding + wisdom. That's why Jews have Rabbis and Christians have theologians. But the way to understand is with the holy Spirit. You can think a lot of wrong things when you view something just one way. But when God shows the right way; then you see it differently. Two sides to a coin and six sides on a dice. But the scriptures are beyond the 3rd dimension!

So there is knowledge, understanding and then wisdom. Knowledge without understanding is pointless, even poisonous at times but understanding is what makes knowledge useful and wisdom is the skill to put what you've understood into useful action.

When it comes to a test and why God puts them on people. In my belief it's the same reason the potter molds the clay. Or why someone purifies gold or silver by fire. A test on a person is to bring out good things from them or burn out impurities. So, yes God knows what's in people's heart and that IS why He tests them. But God didn't even exempt Himself as Jesus is God manifest. He tested Himself also. And even Jesus Himself could not be the promised Savior unless He died first. That's how He became the Savior indeed and not just promises. So if there is no test then no one can advance or become better or be useful.

But let's take elite military units for example. Why do they put them through tests in training? It's to make them better soldiers. God is testing people to make them better.

unisus

The Awaited Messenger
With all due respect, all atheists do not behave as you have delineated in your rather long post. Maybe some atheists do trash theists and theism and the Bible but many atheists do not do that at all. Many atheists simply do not believe in God because they see no evidence that God exists and they do not trash theism or theists. They are decent people who live moral lives. In fact, many atheists lead more moral lives than some religious people who believe that are saved and forgiven without having to do anything. Moreover, these atheists do not believe that they get any rewards in heaven for being good, they are good for the sake of goodness itself.

Why we find so many atheists on a religious forum is another subject. I imagine that every atheist has his or her own reasons and we theists cannot know what those reasons are unless the atheists tell us. :)

Not once in my post did I ever even remotely imply that "all atheists are hanging around on religious forums", so why you felt the need to post this trash while disrespecting everything else I wrote to "one-up me" & win a non-existent battle just proves why God literally despises atheists. And, yea, I have never met an "atheist" who doesn't purposefully nitpick, neglect, and argue against people with nonsensical tangents while smirking like they've just hit the nail on the head when they're literally swinging in a different county.

I don't have any desire to speak to atheists because you are more of a cult than most "religions". Every time you open your mouths to "rebuke", clarify, or counter" someone's conversation with you—generally toward someone who is religious or defending religion—you purposefully do not upvote the "opposing side". Yet, on every single platform & personal encounter I have ever witnessed, atheists love to team-up, upvote each other, like each other, share each other's content & promote each other, all while hooting & hollering for the unbelievers.

You engage in greater spiritual warfare more than any actual religious person I have ever met, then proclaim yourselves the beacons of peaceful sanity.

No, God doesn't like you; I think God finds you amusing sometimes, but don't mistake amusement for pride. There is nothing to be proud of; you purposefully gang-up together against religious people, and your stance has always been that the believer is intellectually smaller than you, morally weaker, if not worthy of being drugged up and shoved inside a concentration camp you call a governmental enforced insane asylum for the believers.

I have never met an atheist who doesn't believe that religious people are literally insane, and needing therapy or institutionalization. You are veritable Nazis parading as unbiased partisans in the song of life.

It is personal, you make it profoundly personal, you engage in conversations you admit you don't believe in, meaning that you are entering into the conversation not out of a need for God, but out of a prideful need to boost your own ego & debunk or diminish & devalue the believers.

You absolutely purposefully downvote, falsely report, argue against, demonize, and sabotage the believers while you shout hoorah, & promote each other into positions of authority & power.

You come into religious gatherings to support each other on purpose, and to purposefully downvote & talk loudly over religious people en-masse while judging them by pretentious holier-than-thou positions. When pushed further, you gang up, collaborate, verbally assault, condescend, accuse them of being big-headed, call the believers arrogant, make attacks against their egos, label them egotistical, unintelligent, & incapable of comprehending you; you accuse them of discord, lacking evidence, weakness, and extremism.

I don't care what you said but it was certainly not targeted at me; you are literally telling me that "not all atheists come onto religious forums", which has nothing to do with this thread or my post, and more hilarious you got a medal of honor by another atheist of course for being off-topic, yet disrespectful.