• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is BS

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
OK, so nothing too sinister: a known known. That's good - as far as it goes. Have you seen a physio about it? I've had back trouble helped quite a bit by appropriate exercises to strengthen various sets of muscles, to keep the spinal column lined up correctly. (In my case it's age, causing the discs to have shrunk, which allows more "play" in individual vertebrae, which can then trap nerves and give you hell.)

My understanding is that Ibuprofen or other NSAIDS can help reduce the inflammation in whatever it is you've twanged, which helps it improve faster. Walking (what our skeletons are designed for) also often helps. But not being able to sleep properly is ghastly.
And often that is the abdominal muscles. Planks, leg lifts, sit ups. Which reminds me.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
If you get a fever with chills and yellowing of the skin and/or eyes, go see a doctor to have your gall bladder checked!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I woke up in so much pain.... Really what I should say is I woke up because I was in excruciating pain.

It feels like I've got to rocks shoved underneath my shoulder blades and along my upper back.

I even took an Ibuprofen, and I try to avoid pain meds.

This is some BS. I just want to go back to bed. :/

You need medical advice, perhaps kinesitherapy, maybe topical diclofenac (voltarol) or ibruprofen gel will help

InChrist

Free4ever
I woke up in so much pain.... Really what I should say is I woke up because I was in excruciating pain.

It feels like I've got to rocks shoved underneath my shoulder blades and along my upper back.

So sorry. I’ve had severe back issues before, but doesn’t sound as bad as your condition. Do you take plenty of magnesium? It’s a very helpful muscle relaxant. I also find MSM and glucosamine/chondroitin beneficial and chiropractic adjustments four or five times a year. Hope you’re doing better soon.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually, I find the opposite to be true.
I am not going to say most, since I do not know that, but far too many chiropractors are just heavy pushers of woo woo. A lot of the stuff that you will hear from them is nonsenses. If they oppose vaccinations you know that you have a purveyor of woo.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not going to say most, since I do not know that, but far too many chiropractors are just heavy pushers of woo woo. A lot of the stuff that you will hear from them is nonsenses. If they oppose vaccinations you know that you have a purveyor of woo.

I can agree that there's probably far too many pushing woo, but there's far too many doctors behaving in less than desirable ways, too.

I remember when my heart problems started cropping up, the attitude was very laize faire from doctors, who said it was probably just anxiety. It took a long time to find someone to investigate(it wasn't anxiety). One of my kids also ran around with a staph infection for 6 months(we saw 5 different doctors) because the doctors were too proud to run a swab test(because I suggested it might be staph, and what does a patient know?). I finally found one in an urgent care who did so(it was staph). The doctor and nurse on that visit helped me find a good doctor for the kids; I've been happy with him. I am happy with the chiropractor I've seen for years(since before my 16 year old was born, actually). He's helped with SVT symptoms, hyperactivity in the middle child, and other aches and pains.

I suspect you're best off finding a medical professional who will listen to you, and whom you know is pulling for you. If they can't help, they probably know someone in the right profession who can, and who will care and listen.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You need medical advice, perhaps kinesitherapy, maybe topical diclofenac (voltarol) or ibruprofen gel will help

I use Diclofenac for my arthritis, not sure if it will help here.

I need trigger point therapy and maybe another session of dry needling.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I use Diclofenac for my arthritis, not sure if it will help here.

I need trigger point therapy and maybe another session of dry needling.

Try it, if your problem causes inflammation diclofenac should help reduce the inflammation and hence the pain. If it works then you are on a winner,if not then you've lost nothing.

But yes, see a professional, whatever technique works

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I've had back issues since the military. Pretty sure it's musculoskeletal. So it's nothin too serious.

Just muscle knots or pinched nerve. Either way, lying on my left or right side/shoulder (how I normally sleep, is impossible right now.). And lying on my back isn't much better.

I got up and used a foam roller to try and work out some kinks. But I'm still tight and sore.

Have you gone to a PT? They give great exercises to try.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Get the kitties to do the kneading thing on your back/shoulders!
I think you would need quite a bit more weight behind the kneading. Maybe get a young girl to walk gently up and down your spine in bare feet. ;) I think I have read that this is sometimes done as a form of massage in the Far East.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you would need quite a bit more weight behind the kneading. Maybe get a young girl to walk gently up and down your spine in bare feet. ;) I think I have read that this is sometimes done as a form of massage in the Far East.

I would prefer a big fat cat!

Maybe one of the kids could do it... the middle one is probably of suitable size.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Physical Therapy is the way to go. They will first analyze the problem. Then they will show you how to exercise out of the problem unless there is something wrong.

If you won't or can't go to physical therapy then try cautiously using safe exercises. I have seen some on the internet for people with shoulder pain. I don't know which ones are best. Supposedly there are exercises to help with many kinds of shoulder pain.