• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is BS

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I woke up in so much pain.... Really what I should say is I woke up because I was in excruciating pain.

It feels like I've got to rocks shoved underneath my shoulder blades and along my upper back.

I even took an Ibuprofen, and I try to avoid pain meds.

This is some BS. I just want to go back to bed. :/

exchemist

Veteran Member
I woke up in so much pain.... Really what I should say is I woke up because I was in excruciating pain.

It feels like I've got to rocks shoved underneath my shoulder blades and along my upper back.

Doesn't sound good. Any other symptoms? Is this a known condition, or something new? Skeletal, muscular, or could it be referred from elsewhere, e.g. heart?

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Doesn't sound good. Any other symptoms? Is this a known condition, or something new? Skeletal or could it be referred from elsewhere, e.g. heart?

I'm sorry! What happened?

I've had back issues since the military. Pretty sure it's musculoskeletal. So it's nothin too serious.

Just muscle knots or pinched nerve. Either way, lying on my left or right side/shoulder (how I normally sleep, is impossible right now.). And lying on my back isn't much better.

I got up and used a foam roller to try and work out some kinks. But I'm still tight and sore.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had back issues since the military. Pretty sure it's musculoskeletal. So it's nothin too serious.

Just muscle knots or pinched nerve. Either way, lying on my left or right side/shoulder (how I normally sleep, is impossible right now.). And lying on my back isn't much better.

I got up and used a foam roller to try and work out some kinks. But I'm still tight and sore.

Will a chiropractor help?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

It's a nightly occurrence for me. I treat it with Voltaren and ZzzQuill.

Should it continue, you may wish to seek medical advice.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Get the kitties to do the kneading thing on your back/shoulders!

I wish. If they were tigers maybe. I need the additional weight pushing down.

Like getting a small lady to walk across my back, ashiatsu style.

Attachments

• image2+(2).jpeg
    image2+(2).jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 0

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's a nightly occurrence for me. I treat it with Voltaren and ZzzQuill.

Should it continue, you may wish to seek medical advice.

Good to know. It's usually not a normal occasion for me. Although I amused to back pain thanks for a few injuries.

This is the first the pain had physically woken me up.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
If one of ours did that, you'd be hospitalised :p

About 20 years ago, a friend had a little brown cat that would do that sometimes if you slept over.

Everyone loved a Slinky massage. The cat should have charged money, though she was particular about who she'd give one to, and you must have got on her good side that day.

Audie

Veteran Member

Poor

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
About 20 years ago, a friend had a little brown cat that would do that sometimes if you slept over.

Everyone loved a Slinky massage. The cat should have charged money, though she was particular about who she'd give one to, and you must have got on her good side that day.
I think my partner's back problems are not entirely unrelated to certain feline sleeping requirements...

exchemist

Veteran Member

OK, so nothing too sinister: a known known. That's good - as far as it goes. Have you seen a physio about it? I've had back trouble helped quite a bit by appropriate exercises to strengthen various sets of muscles, to keep the spinal column lined up correctly. (In my case it's age, causing the discs to have shrunk, which allows more "play" in individual vertebrae, which can then trap nerves and give you hell.)

My understanding is that Ibuprofen or other NSAIDS can help reduce the inflammation in whatever it is you've twanged, which helps it improve faster. Walking (what our skeletons are designed for) also often helps. But not being able to sleep properly is ghastly.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Last edited: