• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking of a new car

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The kids have gone off to college, it's time to pamper yourself a little and you are In the market for a new car... Perhaps that sporty beast you have had your eye on for a while now. Sure, it's winter but summer is not so far away, something to look forward to....

Here is s list of the top 20 sports cars that are unlikely to survive an American winter

So "caveat emptor"... You have been informed

20 Sports Cars That Will Not Survive American Winter

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I really want a new car, but being a practical kind of guy I like to wear out the old one first. Stupid thing keeps running and running and running. I went for an oil change today. Oil was clear and right up. It has 250 k on it and probably good for many more. I'll die before it does.

Those cars look nice, but can you haul an 8 ft 2 by 6 from the trunk to the windshield?

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
The best thing I did was getting rid of my vehicle, they are expensive, dangerous, smelly things.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My kind of sports car....
old-rusty-pickup-truck-on-san-francisco-street-cxfe51.jpg

....would be truck with no load to carry.
And this one has survived many an Ameristanian winter.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The kids have gone off to college, it's time to pamper yourself a little and you are In the market for a new car... Perhaps that sporty beast you have had your eye on for a while now. Sure, it's winter but summer is not so far away, something to look forward to....

Here is s list of the top 20 sports cars that are unlikely to survive an American winter

I watched every episode of Grand Tour through season 3. There is a new season starting. They released a new show on Dec 13 this month.

My favorite car on the show, so far, has been the Citroen C3 Aircross. Its very small goat of a car.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I gotta call rubbish on two things. One, you can drive those cats on snowy and icy roads. However, it does require practice and very gentle movements with the wheels and pedals, and knowing to turn in or out of a slide depending on your car and to pump brakes. It can be done, it's just not for beginner drivers (i ended up in a ditch a few times before I had my first call phone, and had to walk miles home - got to the point I could keep my car steady and safely drive the speed limit. Or more.)
And because winter here, in the southern Central Valley for, means 20 years and counting with no snow.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

This is my kind of sports car
1970-jeep-commando

But I recommend you get this

02-ss300p-3i4-front-1567703461.jpg

Bugatti Chiron Limited...and I guarantee a US winter will absolutely kill it.... if you are in the Northern US

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
This is my kind of sports car
1970-jeep-commando

But I recommend you get this

02-ss300p-3i4-front-1567703461.jpg

Bugatti Chiron Limited...and I guarantee a US winter will absolutely kill it.... if you are in the Northern US
I had a Bugatti for a while. The cops made me give it back.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Lamborghini Urus would have all the zing of a sports car and is winter friendly.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I watched every episode of Grand Tour through season 3. There is a new season starting. They released a new show on Dec 13 this month.

My favorite car on the show, so far, has been the Citroen C3 Aircross. Its very small goat of a car.

I haven't seen grand tour, i can't stand the Clarkson image of macho man.

The aircross is bigger than the original c3, which i had for a while. It was nothing special but handy for around town.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had a Camaro once. It does not snow much here, but when it does it often turns to ice. I had a heck of a time backing it out of a driveway that was "flat". Otherwise I did not have problems with it. I grew up driving in snow, so I suppose that helped.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I haven't seen grand tour, i can't stand the Clarkson image of macho man.

The aircross is bigger than the original c3, which i had for a while. It was nothing special but handy for around town.
I always thought that that was a bit of a parody. Though the way he lost his job at BBC indicates that there may have been some true feelings of his mixed in with it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I gotta call rubbish on two things. One, you can drive those cats on snowy and icy roads. However, it does require practice and very gentle movements with the wheels and pedals, and knowing to turn in or out of a slide depending on your car and to pump brakes. It can be done, it's just not for beginner drivers (i ended up in a ditch a few times before I had my first call phone, and had to walk miles home - got to the point I could keep my car steady and safely drive the speed limit. Or more.)
And because winter here, in the southern Central Valley for, means 20 years and counting with no snow.

That be the problem as far as j see it,very few drivers are competent on snow or ice.

Where i learned to drive was around the Lancashire moors. Usually a few inches of snow with sometimes 6 ft drifts late December to February. And ice before and after. I think that sort of driving gave me my love of cars.

Skwim

Veteran Member
After driving around in a midsize car for many years, a couple of years ago I bought a new large sedan. Great comfort,. Great mileage (believe it or not). Runs like a dream, BUT the thing is a ******* to maneuver, and because 90% of my driving is in the city I've grown to hate the thing. Next new car: a smaller midsize sedan.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
After driving around in a small sedan for many years, a couple of years ago I bought a new full size sedan. Great comfort,. Tremendous mileage. Runs like a dream, BUT the thing is a ******* to maneuver, and because 90% of my driving is in the city I've grown to hate the thing. Next new car: small sedan.

A friend of mine got a mid 60's Impala and he needed someone to drive it to his home. It was almost all freeway driving and I could have fallen in love with that car. As you said, no maneuverability, but on the freeway it felt like a boat. Smooth as silk and one sort of glided from one lane to another. Rush hour would have been no fun at all. But for a cruise in the country it was great.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I had a Camaro once. It does not snow much here, but when it does it often turns to ice. I had a heck of a time backing it out of a driveway that was "flat". Otherwise I did not have problems with it. I grew up driving in snow, so I suppose that helped.
I had an old Dodge Charger when I was young. It wasn't great on snow, but not the worst. When it was clear and warm, it ran like a champ.

We have done right now. I just wait it out until the roads are clear these days, but I grew up driving in it.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
A friend of mine got a mid 60's Impala and he needed someone to drive it to his home. It was almost all freeway driving and I could have fallen in love with that car. As you said, no maneuverability, but on the freeway it felt like a boat. Smooth as silk and one sort of glided from one lane to another. Rush hour would have been no fun at all. But for a cruise in the country it was great.
Good looking car too. We had one when I was little. The rate GM my family owned.