• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking of a new car

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The kids have gone off to college, it's time to pamper yourself a little and you are In the market for a new car... Perhaps that sporty beast you have had your eye on for a while now. Sure, it's winter but summer is not so far away, something to look forward to....

Here is s list of the top 20 sports cars that are unlikely to survive an American winter

So "caveat emptor"... You have been informed

20 Sports Cars That Will Not Survive American Winter
#1 and #4 are the same car. :D

The "Toyobaru" (Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S) is a joint project between Toyota and Subaru. Everything is the same on the different versions except the badges and a bit of interior finishing.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
My best car was a 1993 Toyota pickup. Though it was rear wheel drive you could get traction by putting some weight in the back, and it had a beautiful utilitarian design. I got a great deal on it, but it was a terrible choice. I should have gotten a regular 4 door vehicle since I never used it for anything except driving in town. Still the fuel efficiency was decent, and it had a hitch.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Then how about an
BMW 2 Series or Cadillac ATS Coupe or Audi R8 or Audi TT or Alfa Romeo Giulia or Jaguar F-Type or Lexus RC...all are all wheel drive.

Frankly if it were me I'd go for an old Jeep or a Toyota FJ Cruiser....

Our FPace is AWD when needed, i.e, when the front is struggling for grip the it sends up to 50% of the power to the front. Benefits of rear wheel drive with safety if 4wd.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I got it...get a restored Toyota FJ 55

ford-powered-fj55-1969-toyota-land-cruiser.jpg

But I have to say, if winter is a concern, the best 3 vehicles I had for heavy winter were an old GMC 2500 4x4, Nissan Xtera and an old Jeep Cherokee sport 2 door

Range rover sport???

ChristineM

Premium Member
#1 and #4 are the same car. :D

The "Toyobaru" (Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S) is a joint project between Toyota and Subaru. Everything is the same on the different versions except the badges and a bit of interior finishing.

There is a lot of it about, for example the Aygo is the same car as the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107

ChristineM

Premium Member
My best car was a 1993 Toyota pickup. Though it was rear wheel drive you could get traction by putting some weight in the back, and it had a beautiful utilitarian design. I got a great deal on it, but it was a terrible choice. I should have gotten a regular 4 door vehicle since I never used it for anything except driving in town. Still the fuel efficiency was decent, and it had a hitch.

Toyota pickups were tough cars

I believe it still ran afterwards

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
4 wheel drive will be good but it will still need a gentle foot in the snow
Or a really good all wheel drive system. Sidenote, in the states we say all wheel drive rather than four wheel drive. Long before modern all wheel drive was developed we had four wheel drive here. It was mostly for off road use since all four wheels were being supplied with power. Where a modern all wheel drive vehicle tends to send power to different wheels depending on need. Four wheel drive was great for mud, but was a bit balky on clean dry pavement.

Four-Wheel Drive Vs All-Wheel Drive: Which is Best?

At any rate I am currently driving an older Volvo with all wheel drive. It is no fun in the snow. It drives excellently. It does not skid, the antilock braking system keeps it straight and true. And it goes through snow with no problem at all. The problem is that it is no fun. You cannot put it into a power slide, and doughnuts are out of the question.

I grew up in cold and snowy Minnesota in the country. Finding an empty parking lot and literally going for a spin was a good learning experience.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No its a Toyota FJ55.... Range Rovers use to be very high maintenance vehicles so I tend to avoid them

1542176696d4c2f636f067f8Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ55-Auction-Results-Wagon-Bring-a-Trailer-Model-Page-.jpg

Yeah, i know what it is, i was suggesting you add range rover to the list but you answered why its missing...