• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking of a new car

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is my kind of sports car
1970-jeep-commando

But I recommend you get this

02-ss300p-3i4-front-1567703461.jpg

Bugatti Chiron Limited...and I guarantee a US winter will absolutely kill it.... if you are in the Northern US

Done the fast cars, not over them but family comes first and they dont grit the roads in winter here, a dbs or xkr would probably end up upside down in a field. So 4 wheel drive is a must

f-pace.jpg

Skwim

Veteran Member
A friend of mine got a mid 60's Impala and he needed someone to drive it to his home. It was almost all freeway driving and I could have fallen in love with that car. As you said, no maneuverability, but on the freeway it felt like a boat. Smooth as silk and one sort of glided from one lane to another. Rush hour would have been no fun at all. But for a cruise in the country it was great.
And as I see it, that's the trade off.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I always thought that that was a bit of a parody. Though the way he lost his job at BBC indicates that there may have been some true feelings of his mixed in with it.

He is supposed to be a very nice man but top gear did it for me, i thought him obnoxious, everything i loath in a man

ChristineM

Premium Member
A friend of mine got a mid 60's Impala and he needed someone to drive it to his home. It was almost all freeway driving and I could have fallen in love with that car. As you said, no maneuverability, but on the freeway it felt like a boat. Smooth as silk and one sort of glided from one lane to another. Rush hour would have been no fun at all. But for a cruise in the country it was great.

American cars are wonderful on motorways, and long straight road but ...

They dont do bends

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't seen grand tour, i can't stand the Clarkson image of macho man.

The aircross is bigger than the original c3, which i had for a while. It was nothing special but handy for around town.
I didn't pay much attention to Clarkson. I assumed of their gay jokes were an attempt to get Americans to accept Eurosexual standards, and I found it as random as being preached to by the latest Dr. Who episodes. He's doing the same thing, presenting his own eurosexual attitudes as normative; bringing his point of view on a taboo topic into the public sphere and annoying the rest of us. Nobody watched Grand Tour to learn about sex.

Flame

Beware

It has to be something about that era of vehicles. My uncle had a '61 Coupe Deville and that thing was amazing on open, long roads but it turned to a small sized semi in turns and traffic.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
But with a pendulum hanging on the back axle it can still catch you out
I have never been a Porsche person for that reason

Then how about an
BMW 2 Series or Cadillac ATS Coupe or Audi R8 or Audi TT or Alfa Romeo Giulia or Jaguar F-Type or Lexus RC...all are all wheel drive.

Frankly if it were me I'd go for an old Jeep or a Toyota FJ Cruiser....

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I got it...get a restored Toyota FJ 55

ford-powered-fj55-1969-toyota-land-cruiser.jpg

But I have to say, if winter is a concern, the best 3 vehicles I had for heavy winter were an old GMC 2500 4x4, Nissan Xtera and an old Jeep Cherokee sport 2 door

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Then how about an
BMW 2 Series or Cadillac ATS Coupe or Audi R8 or Audi TT or Alfa Romeo Giulia or Jaguar F-Type or Lexus RC...all are all wheel drive.

Frankly if it were me I'd go for an old Jeep or a Toyota FJ Cruiser....
I would have guessed that you would favor the Stutz Bearcat or the Skoda Kodiaq.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
American cars are wonderful on motorways, and long straight road but ...

They dont do bends
They are a lot of fun when you do a four wheel drift on a gravel road. I know, I know, drifting is slower than maintaining control. But a controlled skid has its own sort of enjoyment. Especially in the middle of summer when you can make a huge rooster tail of dust.