• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"There is nothing that atheism (on its own) claims is 'right.' "?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Pooh-paah - what is the .....oh god - I can't say it - another question, what is it that atheism does claim?
Atheism doesn't claim anything.

Atheists, on the other hand, can often claim many things. What they claim depends on the atheist. For instance, I claim - among other things - that trees are made of wood and that Canada would be better off as a republic.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
False. Atheists claim 2+2=4 is right like everyone else. Also earth is spherical etc.
Is there a restriction on Atheism people not to believe that it is wrong, please?
They can believe/not-believe anything right or wrong or lack thereof ,or both.
Right, please?

Regards

Shushersbedamned

Atheism doesn't claim anything.

Atheists, on the other hand, can often claim many things. What they claim depends on the atheist. For instance, I claim - among other things - that trees are made of wood and that Canada would be better off as a republic.
Yes. But I find it funny that you were asked does it claim X and you answered 'no' and now I ask you what does it claim and you say it doesn't claim anything - and we can perhaps agree that what you mean is that it isn't capable of doing such a thing...

But then why would OP ask such a thing and why would you answer as you did as if the answer could have been 'yes'?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes. But I find it funny that you were asked does it claim X and you answered 'no' and now I ask you what does it claim and you say it doesn't claim anything - and we can perhaps agree that what you mean is that it isn't capable of doing such a thing...

But then why would OP ask such a thing and why would you answer as you did as if the answer could have been 'yes'?
I'm not sure I follow you.

There are no claims associated with atheism. "Atheism" is just the word we use to describe being outside the scope of theism.

- a theist is anyone who believes in at least one god.
- an atheist is anyone who isn't a theist.
- "atheism" describes the defining characteristic for atheists (i.e. not being theists).

That's it.