• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"There is nothing that atheism (on its own) claims is 'right.' "?

Milton Platt

An atheist can have a little of faith. Since it means lack of faith not necessarily nonexistence of it.

Faith is not a precisely defined word. If you are speaking of Biblical faith (believing without sufficient evidence), then an atheist obviously has none. Atheists will, however have varying levels of belief in things based upon the evidence and the nature of the thing believed in. Perhaps you are using belief and faith interchangeably? That makes it very confusing to try and have a dialog.

Shushersbedamned

Faith is not a precisely defined word. If you are speaking of Biblical faith (believing without sufficient evidence), then an atheist obviously has none. Atheists will, however have varying levels of belief in things based upon the evidence and the nature of the thing believed in. Perhaps you are using belief and faith interchangeably? That makes it very confusing to try and have a dialog.
An atheist can have some.

Milton Platt

No thanks. I wasn't speaking to you any way. I think. It is in the definition of atheism nevertheless.

You where speaking to me until I asked you to explain what you mean by faith. You have made two previous posts to me.

Atheism has various nuances. Most atheists simply reject a belief in the god proposition because there is insufficient evidence to warrant belief. Where do you see faith in that?