• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THERE Is no super being i will tell you why

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Religious concepts about a loving god are obviously wrong. If there is a god, he doesn't give a crap about you or anybody else.

If you're having as hard a time in life as you say, then you need a psychologist, not a priest.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Suffering comes from conflict but so does growth, evolution, adaptation. Were it not for conflict life would have never evolved into what it is today.

There are a couple quotes I like which embody this: from the song "better" by plumb in which the chorus states "in the end, what leaves you broken, in the end makes you better." and another quote(I forget who said this one) "that which does not kill us only makes us stronger."

I think that any "god" would recognize this or he/she/it isn't really a god at all. Now granted I don't really believe in any god(s) either. I just think that any being who has evolved to the point where they actually could be a god would recognize that suffering has to happen in order for life to evovle. It is in the moments of our greatest strife that we truly come into ourselves. Just like a sword needs to be super-heated and beaten in order to become a good sword. It's all about the balance of opposites. Without suffering, without death, without conflict, life would not exist, it could not exist, and even if it could we would not see the wonderful diversity in it that we currently do. Storms may be nasty and destructive, but without them our mother earth would not be able to support us or any form of life. So just because you don't know, or don't understand, or are unsatisfied with the reason it doesn't mean the reason isn't there at all.

ayani

somebody made the point on here that God is not a gumball machine.

sometimes life is difficult. sometimes we suffer. sometimes we try and try, and don't get the breaks we want, or think we deserve. sometimes people we love suffer. that's life.

the world isn't perfect. but look on the bright side- you've got breath in your lungs. you're intelligent enough to think about issues like this. you've got access to a computer. you've got some good things in life, man.

just because life isn't going the way we want it to doesn't mean there is no God, or that religious matters aren't worth our attention. you clearly seem to think they are, or else you wouldn't be asking about them.

some suffering that is all my life has been i pray everynight for help just a little bit and nothing happens i dont pray to have him fix it i just need help and i never get it

Beaudreaux

Because God isn't a vending machine.
Well, I think that's not quite fair. I understand that it is unreasonable to expect God to fill your life with friends and material stuff, but expecting Him not to let millions of babies die? I think there's a point there.

Beaudreaux

What you mean he isnt a vending machine LOL so people got to die andmy family gets hurt for no reason your crazey not give me some ******** anwser i am sick of it he is not a vending machine give me a ******* break people dieing oh wait he is not a vending machine
Careful with the **** language. You can get ******* reprimanded. :)

(Before anyone reports ME, I typed that exactly as shown.)

gzusfrk

Christian
If there is a god why was my sisser sexualy mollested at a young age if there is a god why did god make it so i have no breaks in life why dont i have a any friends when i am nicest guy you will meet. If there is a god why do million innocent babys die everyday for no damn reason. Why did god make people not have friends and not be able to get a girlfriend why did god make it so people cant walk what is the point of that give me a good explaination
There has to be some good in life.It is easy sometime's to look at the bad only,got to get away from that sometime's. A million innocent baby's go to heaven everyday.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Well, I think that's not quite fair. I understand that it is unreasonable to expect God to fill your life with friends and material stuff, but expecting Him not to let millions of babies die? I think there's a point there.
You know full well that's arguable. ;)

Beaudreaux

ban me then what do i care like the worst thing that can happen to me is getting banned from this site
Dude, you are obviously upset by some things going on in your life. It sounds like there may be some religious people talking to you at the same time. I understand your frustration. I am an atheist myself. There's nothing like having someone look at your tragedy and hit you with a platitude like "It's all part of God's plan" or "Jesus loves you."

I think you will find, though, that after the venting is done you may want to discuss things with the folks here more calmly. I find it engaging and rewarding to exchange ideas with the people here. You wont find a wider range of well thought out beliefs anywhere.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Anyway, my real point is that God, whatever that means, is not here for our convenience.

Beaudreaux

She did give you an answer. You choose to ignore it and play the Pity me game.

God (according to the Bible): I am your father. I care about you and love you. Ask and I shall give unto you.
Poor Schlub: God...could you help me please?
God: Stop being a baby and help yourself!

Do I have this right?

Druswid

Terrible things happen all the time, and they've never been an indicator of whether or not there's a God or other supreme divinity. They may lead you to believe otherwise, but you still can't prove or disprove existence of God.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Anyway, my real point is that God, whatever that means, is not here for our convenience.

Damn straight. Famine, epidemics, genocide, natural disasters - what, do we want god to take care of every of these little inconveniences for us?

Beaudreaux

True. But, I don't think our angry new friend is asking for convenience items. I don't think he needs the pickle jar to open easier. I think he wants God to protect his sister from molestation.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
True. But, I don't think our angry new friend is asking for convenience items. I don't think he needs the pickle jar to open easier. I think he wants God to protect his sister from molestation.
It would be nice if it worked that way, but the fact is, it doesn't.

And I'd have been more sympathetic if he hadn't listed not having a girlfriend, too.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Terrible things happen all the time, and they've never been an indicator of whether or not there's a God or other supreme divinity.

Good point. The absence of this particular indicator of god's existence is pretty minor compared to the lack of existence of any indicator of god's existence.

Enlighten

I think he wants God to protect his sister from molestation.

I think he is asking for this also, but through his postings I am not too sure that he actually believes in God (I could be wrong) but I think he is clutching at any straws for answers and nothing anyone tells him will ever soothe the pain he's going through.

I wonder though how his sister is coping which I think is the most important issue here and also that the person who did this to her is being locked-up (or better still IS locked up) for many years.