• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THERE Is no super being i will tell you why

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
i agree with that but arent we suppose to believe in one and he is going to help us

No, that's what Christian want you to think. Learn to think for yourself. If you end up not believe in a god fine, but if you do through personal insight and understand of them past what you where told only to believe in through Christianity then also fine.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Because that's how things are. Want a better world? Stop whining and work for it.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
azakal you been very helpfull i agree with your post but i still dont get why where is so much pain

Thank you, and if you wish to know more about a type of religion there is the DIR forums on here. Pain is part of the world, all was has and all was will be. It's a part of living. All we can do is try and help each other ease the pain there is. The Universe is not far nor is Nature, both are Neutral.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
If there is a god why was my sisser sexualy mollested at a young age if there is a god why did god make it so i have no breaks in life why dont i have a any friends when i am nicest guy you will meet. If there is a god why do million innocent babys die everyday for no damn reason. Why did god make people not have friends and not be able to get a girlfriend why did god make it so people cant walk what is the point of that give me a good explaination

Because that's not God's role. No religion claims that it is. No "messiah" was ever meant to just cure all the ills of this world.

There is suffering in the world because there is life in the world. People die because there is life. There is little you can do to save the people you meet on the street from their own sufferings, and there is nothing you can do to save the world from suffering.

And why should God care about whether or not people have friends or girlfriends?

I'm sorry about your sister, but that wasn't God's fault. That was completely the fault of the person who did it. God does not control what people do.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
If there is a god why was my sisser sexualy mollested at a young age if there is a god why did god make it so i have no breaks in life why dont i have a any friends when i am nicest guy you will meet. If there is a god why do million innocent babys die everyday for no damn reason. Why did god make people not have friends and not be able to get a girlfriend why did god make it so people cant walk what is the point of that give me a good explaination

i have red the bible i know what god should be

Your sister was molested because the person that did it to her is a scumbag. You don't get any breaks because you are expected to make your own way in life. Maybe try loving God instead of Hating Him and some breaks may come your way. You could have no friends because you are too nice, to have a friendship you need respect, they can't respect you if you allow yourself to be a meal ticket for them. People die, innocent, guilty, pretty, ugly, whatever everyday it happens for a million different reasons.....crap happens. :shrug: As far as people born with disabilities look at how we treat the world. As much pollution as we trash it with, those chemicals make it back to us and causes birth defects etc. Don't forget the drug abuse/how chemically dependent of a society we have become. If you knew what God should be then you should know all this......

Riverwolf

Premium Member
i have red the bible i know what god should be

READ. It's spelled like that in the past tense, too.

Now... the Bible isn't a book you just pick up, read, and understand. It's an advanced reader's book. Until you have taken many reading comprehension classes I suggest you get your hands on a study Bible to help you understand where the original authors were coming from. Not a Christian-biased one, either. For the Old Testament, get the Jewish Study Bible. I don't know of a good New Testament one, unfortunately.

Now... for my two cents. The Bible isn't the only collection of books on God. May I suggest reading some others?

A good one to start off with would be the Bhagavad-Gita.

tomasortega

hey, whatever happened to "ask and it will be given to you, knock, and the door will be opened"? all those thousands of innocent children suffering and dying of starvation and diseases every day all across the globe. do they, and their parents not ask from the bottom of their heart and soul? did god/jesus make false promises? just imagine if an omnipotent god really exists out there able to help these suffering people and yet chooses to look down on them and ignore their desperate cries for help. how evil and disgusting woud that be. like having brunch at a street corner cafe while watchin an abandoned toddler crawl its way into a busy intersection and doing absolutely nothing about it, rather worrying about how much sugar to put in your coffee.

rickdawgg is right. god's apparent indifference to the world is the single strongest proof of his inexistence or evil intent.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
hey, whatever happened to "ask and it will be given to you, knock, and the door will be opened"? all those thousands of innocent children suffering and dying of starvation and diseases every day all across the globe. do they, and their parents not ask from the bottom of their heart and soul? did god/jesus make false promises? just imagine if an omnipotent god really exists out there able to help these suffering people and yet chooses to look down on them and ignore their desperate cries for help. how evil and disgusting woud that be. like having brunch at a street corner cafe while watchin an abandoned toddler crawl its way into a busy intersection and doing absolutely nothing about it, rather worrying about how much sugar to put in your coffee.

rickdawgg is right. god's apparent indifference to the world is the single strongest proof of his inexistence or evil intent.

Wow all the crap was written my humans in a book 2000 years ago. And you try to pin this **** on a god based on what some humans wrote. Yeah what ever, sometime to seem like non-theist are just as bad as theist when it comes to limiting god to what man wrote.

tomasortega

Wow all the crap was written my humans in a book 2000 years ago. And you try to pin this **** on a god based on what some humans wrote. Yeah what ever, sometime to seem like non-theist are just as bad as theist when it comes to limiting god to what man wrote.

are you saying the bible is not the word of god? to say that, is to say it is useless. but maybe you are saying only some parts of it are true while others are false. in which case, how do we know, and more importantly who are you to choose which ones are and which arent? because obviously there is no proof that any part of it is actually true. so what, do we just walk around like a bunch of cretins picking whatever feels comfortable. it would be pointless. either the bible is true including every last passage, or its false. personal interpretation would only cause chaos making it false and useless by default

Riverwolf

Premium Member
are you saying the bible is not the word of god? to say that, is to say it is useless. but maybe you are saying only some parts of it are true while others are false. in which case, how do we know, and more importantly who are you to choose which ones are and which arent? because obviously there is no proof that any part of it is actually true. so what, do we just walk around like a bunch of cretins picking whatever feels comfortable. it would be pointless. either the bible is true including every last passage, or its false. personal interpretation would only cause chaos making it false and useless by default

Just because a book isn't the word of God doesn't make it useless. It is, if nothing else, useful in learning how people used to believe.

Also, the Bible isn't a single book; it's a library of books. Many of them have great wisdom. Many of Jesus's parables still ring true today.

I'll tell you what the Bible is NOT: it is NOT just a bunch of books that repeat over and over: "God is love, God is just, Jesus is Lord, Jesus is the Messiah, Love God, worship God, you go to hell if you don't..." that kind of tripe accommodates about 20% of what I've read in the Bible. Heck, one of the books, Esther, doesn't even mention God once! (unless you're reading a Catholic Bible)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

I'm not a Christian so I really don't what the Bible say, let only what it says about god. God is not limited to what the Bible says at all.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The OP reminds me of my cousin who once said he didn't believe in God because he asked for a Cadillac and didn't get one. I guess he expected a car to just drop out of the sky. But I am sorry about his sister's trouble.

It sounds like your life has been pretty rough recently and maybe you need someone to vent to. I'm sorry your sister had to experience such a thing. My niece recently went through the same thing with her step father he will do about 45 years behind bars for it too.

I don't think I will be able to come up with a satisfactory answer to any of your questions. Unfortunately I don't think that any Divine Entity ever promised that our physical life would be safe, full of joy and full of friends.

Sometimes we need to rely on ourselves to make positive changes we want in our lives. We need to look deep inside ourselves and see who we really are and what we are capable of in order to make any desired change in our lives.