• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no evidence for God, so why do you believe?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
How about the human body as relational art? Is there anything more beautiful than the human form? I'm sure you're familiar with the biblical reference that humans were created in God's image.

Sorry, that is decorational. I was saying there is no *representative* forms.

So, no pictures of humans on other canvases. No pictures of planets other places.

Humans even make pictures of the things they make: like pictures of buildings, or pictures of pots, etc.

All we see around us in the universe *except* in the human sphere, is decorational beauty. We have no representational art in nature.

Now, you almost did it with saying humans are a representation of God. But, given that this is also in the human sphere, it still fails.

Find any *representational* art: where one thing represents another thing.

It is common among intelligent species *humans), but absent in the universe at large.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You said in response to @Sheldon that he is "looking down on people". Not that he is looking down on "beliefs". That is pretty much making it personal.

Another thing theists tend to do is continually say that "we haven't looked into it" when we disagree.
As if it is the only option.

You are incorrect.

I did look into it. I formed my conclusions, which I share here.
The methodology is flawed. Faith is not a pathway to truth. On the type of "faith" YOU yourself are describing, one can believe literally anything. It's a methodology that inevitably ends up in believing falsehoods, because there is no mechanism to distinguish accurate claims from false claims.

It really is that simple.
The spiritual teaching is the guide to not get lost in the practice

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Spiritual practice does not always look "logic" to a newbee, so try to actually practice without thinking "I MUST LEARN THIS"

Practice what?
How, of not through reason and logic, do you distinguish "true spiritual practice" from "false spiritual practice"?

This is the point. Such method does not exist if you exclude reason and logic.
Reason and logic IS how you distinguish between true and false things.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Practice what?
How, of not through reason and logic, do you distinguish "true spiritual practice" from "false spiritual practice"?

This is the point. Such method does not exist if you exclude reason and logic.
Reason and logic IS how you distinguish between true and false things.
You know what the spiritual teaching are in different religions, it is the now books with scriptures.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Just because you can not see God does not mean God does not exist.

Vision isn't the only way to detect.

What reliable way is there to detect God? Or, if you make a mistake, how do you verify that you made a mistake?

Btw about Unicorns...yes I believe they might exist, but not nessesary in this dimension we live in. Other places unknown to humans may exist

That, to me, seems like evasion.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Vision isn't the only way to detect.

What reliable way is there to detect God? Or, if you make a mistake, how do you verify that you made a mistake?

That, to me, seems like evasion.
The teaching tell what is the right way and the wrong way toward God, you know when you are on the wrong way, because of the teaching.

So it is a purely subjective experience? In that case, it is more likely that I am simply delusional, isn't it?

That was definitely a subjective experience. Now, how do you know it corresponded with reality?
What do you mean? Don’t know how much more reality you need. Don’t understand your question.
I hated my Dad, God showed me I hated him because he corrected me and called me out on it.
After I got saved, I wasn’t a scoffer anymore but the hatred was there and I didn’t know where it was coming from. After God showed me I could see that it was true and the Word of God broke through years of denial and justifying my hatred when it was really that. My Dad and I have a great relationship since.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Personal growth as a spiritual being.

I don't even know how to make sense of that sentence.

Personal growth has to do with expanding horizons, opening up my mind, learning new ideas, etc.

A spiritual being might be able to *encourage* me to do those things. But that spiritual being is NOT THE SAME as those things.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I have wanted to say this for so long....do you know how much poop you are able to get in to your answers in RF? Your attempt on " False clames toward theists" are pathetic. Honestly you haven't got a single clue about what faith is...

Well it's not surprising that having reasoned so poorly, you now resort to an irrational ad hominem fallacy. However thanks for the belly laugh, it's always pretty amusing when someone who quite demonstrably hasn't the vaguest idea of how irrational their arguments are, then resorts to insulting the reasoning of others, when it is pointed out.

If it makes you feel better to project in this way, then do crack on, it'll simply bead up and roll off me. I've had decades of theists resorting to such petty ad hominem, when they realise their faith is too fragile for debate after all.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
only know how to look down on people who are different than him self.
do you know how much poop you are able to get in to your answers in RF? Your attempt on " False clames toward theists" are pathetic.

JYrZOW4.jpg