• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is irrefutable evidence from Polonium halos that the rock layers of the Grand Canyon where all formed in a short time, the worldwide flood.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Because the billions of cubic metres of water is already there...water hasn't gone anywhere from the flood....its still here where it has always been...there's 2.4 km of it spare...more than enough.
No, there isn't.

Unless, maybe, if you pretend mountains didn't exist and were poofed into being by magic, off course.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The pi calculation is a bizarre attack on the Bible.
It's a quote from the bible. What you call an "attack" is a simple and accurate observation about the lack of mathematical sophistication revealed by the quote.

And you seem very coy about stating clearly whether you think the earth is flat and immovably fixed with the sun and stars going round it.

Why is that? After all, the answer is highly relevant to this discussion.

If you were too ashamed or embarrassed to state your view clearly, would that not suggest you're unhappy with your own position? And that it would be sensible for you to consider alternatives? In which case, is not the scientific view the best evidenced and best and most clearly reasoned?

What's the problem?

Astrophile

the Bible says the earth rotates on its axis and that is how night and day are caused
Can you give a reference?
it also says that night and day occur at different times in the world at different times.
Again, can you give a reference? Where does the Bible say, for example, that it is already two hours before noon in India when the Sun is rising in Rome?
It also describes the earth as a sphere that hangs upon nothing.
Job 26:7 says, 'He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.' It does not say that the Earth is spherical. The Greek philosopher Anaximander (ca. 611-540 BC) said much the same thing about the Earth hanging on nothing at about the same time as the book of Job. In any case, the statement is inaccurate. The Earth does not hang on nothing; it is in orbit around the Sun.

SavedByTheLord

It's a quote from the bible. What you call an "attack" is a simple and accurate observation about the lack of mathematical sophistication revealed by the quote.

And you seem very coy about stating clearly whether you think the earth is flat and immovably fixed with the sun and stars going round it.

Why is that? After all, the answer is highly relevant to this discussion.

If you were too ashamed or embarrassed to state your view clearly, would that not suggest you're unhappy with your own position? And that it would be sensible for you to consider alternatives? In which case, is not the scientific view the best evidenced and best and most clearly reasoned?

What's the problem?
Where do you get that the Bible says the earth is flat?
or that the sun and stars go around it?

Please give a quote from the King James Bible that shows that.

Advanced scientific knowledge in the Bible

The Bible describes the flood. – Gen 6-8

The Bible describes the 6-day recent creation. – Gen 1

The Bible describes the Law of entropy. – Hebrews 1:10-11

The Bible describes the great heat needed to dissolve the universe. – 2 Pet 3

The Bible declares that the things that are seen are made of things that are not seen. – 2 Cor 4:18

The Bible describes that people are wonderfully made. – Psalm 139:14

The Bible describes that the number of stars is comparable to the number of grains of sand on the shores. – Gen 22:17

The Bible shows dinosaurs and man exited together. – Job 40:15-24

The Bible describes Earth is a sphere. – Job 38:13-14, Luke 17:34-36

The Bible describes Earth rotating on its axis. – Job 38:12-14

The Bible describes stars as differing from each other is glory. – 1 Cor 15:41

The Bible describes multiple worlds. – Hebrews 1:2, 11:3

The Bible describes Pleaides star cluster as being bound by gravitational forces. – Job 38:31

The Bible describes day and night occurring at different times on the earth. – Luke 17:34-36

The Bible describes day and night caused by earth’s rotation on axis with the sun as a light source. Luke 17:34-36, Job 38:12-14

The Bible describes that the earth hangs on nothing in space. – Job 26:7

The Bible shows that abiogenies is false. – Genesis 1

The Bible describes life comes from God or other living things. – Genesis 1

The Bible describes that each kind produces offspring of its own kind. - Genesis 1

The Bible describes life is in the blood. – Lev 17:11

The Bible describes the great depths of the ocean.

The Bible describes mountains of the ocean.

The Bible describes the earth’s hydraulic cycle and why the oceans never fill.

The Bible describes the Earth as being protected from radiation from space by the shields of the earth.

The Bible describes the heavens being stretching out.

The Bible is emphatic that men cannot become women and women cannot become men.

The Bible declares that homosexual relations lead to disease.

The Bible describes gives good dietary rules.

The Bible describes gives good sanitation practices.

The Bible describes the unborn children being alive at conception.

The Bible describes earthquakes being caused by colliding plates.

The Bible describes the interior of the earth being very hot.

The Bible describes water springs in the depths of the ocean.

The Bible describes that the lifespan for people limited to 120 years. – Genesis 6:3

The Bible says immortality will not be achieved by men.

The Bible describes the motion of the moon and the earth’s rotation obey laws.

The Bible describes the planets in concentric circular orbits.

The Bible describes the atmospheric jet streams.

The Bible describes plate tectonics and the earth’s fractured plates.

The Bible describes some water in space.

The Bible describes water from beneath the earth’s surface.

The Bible describes the paths of the sea which led someone to discovering the great ocean currents.

The Bible describes herbal remedies.

The Bible describes the circulation of the atmosphere.

The Bible describes the chemical composition of flesh.

The Bible describes the immense weight of water in clouds.

The Bible describes that air has weights. – Job 28:25

The lunar landing by the eagle by the USA with a symbol of an eagle.

Asteroid or comet breaking up in 2 pieces and landing in 2 different places at different times – Rev 8

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Finally, heres the thing...

I choose to be a Christian, an atheist does not:

If I am wrong, both the atheist and I end up in the exact same fate.

If i am right, the atheist loses out big time.

When considered from the above point of view...being Christian is a no brainer.
If the atheist is right, and there is no after-life or reincarnation, then you won't even know about it - so who gains or loses?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The Christian of course.
But I have improved on Pascal's wager because the atheist is wrong and goes to judgment.
Why of course, given we won't know anything when we die - if death is simply the end? The atheist, if there is something after death will at least know that s/he was wrong.

SavedByTheLord

Why of course, given we won't know anything when we die - if death is simply the end? The atheist, if there is something after death will at least know that s/he was wrong.
Well, death is not the end of course.
But the Christian dies as happy as can be even if you were right, which you are not.
The atheist probably not especially if there is any doubt that maybe they are going to the very bad eternal place.
But I have proven God did create all things and that the Bible is the word of God.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well, death is not the end of course.
But the Christian dies as happy as can be even if you were right, which you are not.
The atheist probably not especially if there is any doubt that maybe they are going to the very bad eternal place.
But I have proven God did create all things and that the Bible is the word of God.
Just unproven beliefs - like all your claims. The Christian, as per any other with a religious belief, might die happy but deluded, just as much as any atheist might do too. Perhaps this carrot and stick approach of the religions (Heaven and Hell) is one likely reason why so many don't get tempted into such beliefs, given these strategies seem all too like what a human would devise so as to encourage belief. But we are more knowledgeable now (some at least) and hence such things are less likely to work, it seems to me.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Where do you get that the Bible says the earth is flat?
I've given you a link to those specific quotes on at least four occasions. Why haven't you checked them out?

But here they are yet again ─
1. Flat earth. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Genesis 1​
2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. ... 6 And God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.​
2. Geocentry. The earth is flat and the sun goes round it.
Joshua 10​
12 Then spoke Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon.” 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.​
3. Geocentry, earth immovable.
1 Chronicles 16:​
29 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering, and come before him! Worship the LORD in holy array; 30 tremble before him, all the earth; yea, the world stands firm, never to be moved.​
4. Geocentry, earth immovable.
Job 9​
6 who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble; 7 who commands the sun, and it does not rise; who seals up the stars; 8 who alone stretched out the heavens, and trampled the waves of the sea;​
5. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome
Job 22​
12 “Is not God high in the heavens? See the highest stars, how lofty they are! 13 Therefore you say, ‘What does God know? Can he judge through the deep darkness? 14 Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the vault of heaven.’​
6. The dome of the sky rests on pillars.
Job 26:​
11 “The pillars of heaven tremble, and are astounded at his rebuke.”​
7. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Job 37​
18 Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a molten mirror?​
8. The stars are adjacent to each other and the earth on the fixed dome.
Job 38​
7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?​
9. The earth is flat.
Job 38:​
13 That it might take hold of the skirts of the earth, and the wicked be shaken out of it?​
10. The earth is flat. The sun goes round it.
Psalm 19​
4 yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, 5 which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs its course with joy. 6 Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat.​
11. Geocentry. The earth is fixed.
Psalm 93:​
1 The LORD reigns; he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed, he is girded with strength. Yea, the world is established; it shall never be moved;​
12. Geocentry. The earth is fixed.
Psalm 96​
10 Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns! Yea, the world is established, it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity.”​
13. Geocentry. The earth is fixed. The earth is flat and rests on foundations.
Psalm 102​
25 Of old thou didst lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of thy hands.​
14. Geocentry. The earth is fixed.
Psalm 104​
5 Thou didst set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be shaken.​
15. Geocentry. The earth is fixed. The earth is flat.
Ecclesiastes 1:​
5 “The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.”​
16. The earth is flat, like a table.
Isaiah 11:​
12 And he will raise an ensign for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.​
17. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Isaiah 14​
13 You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far north; 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High.’​
18. The earth is flat, like a plate.
Isaiah 40​
22 It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;​
19. The heavens go round the earth.
Isaiah 45​
12 I made the earth, and created man upon it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.​
20. Geocentry. The earth is fixed.
Isaiah 48​
13 My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.​
21. The earth is flat like a table.
Jeremiah 16:​
19 O LORD, my strength, and my stronghold, my refuge in the day of trouble, to thee shall the nations come from the ends of the earth, and say, Our fathers have inherited naught but lies, worthless and things in which there is no profit.​
22. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Ezekiel 1​
22 Over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of a firmament, shining like crystal, spread out above their heads. 23 And under the firmament their wings were stretched out straight, one toward another; and each creature had two wings covering its body. 24 And when they went, I heard the sound of their wings like the sound of many waters, like the thunder of the Almighty, a sound of tumult like the sound of a host; when they stood still, they let down their wings. 25 And there came a voice from above the firmament over their heads; when they stood still, they let down their wings. 26 And above the firmament over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness as it were of a human form.​
23. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Ezekiel 10​
1 Then I looked, and behold, on the firmament that was over the heads of the cherubim there appeared above them something like a sapphire, in form resembling a throne.​
24. The earth is flat.
Daniel 4​
10 The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth; and its height was great. 11 The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth​
25. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Amos 9:​
6 who builds his upper chambers in the heavens and founds his vault upon the earth,​
26. The earth is flat.
Matthew 4​
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them.​
27. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome. The stars are affixed to the firmament. If they come loose they will fall to earth.​
Matthew 24​
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;​
28. The earth is flat.
Revelation 1​
7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.​
29. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome. The stars are affixed to it. If they come loose they will fall to earth. The earth is flat.
Revelation 6​
13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale; 14 the sky vanished like a scroll that is rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. 15 Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the generals and the rich and the strong, and every one, slave and free, hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, 16 calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;​
30. The earth is flat like a table.
Revelation 7:​
1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea, or against any tree.​
By the way, why would you expect the bible to say anything else, considering that this was the understanding of those times and places where the quotes above were written?

And I notice you can't produce any bible quotes to support your claim that

"the Bible says the earth rotates on its axis and that is how night and day are caused​
it also says that night and day occur at different times in the world at different times."​

I suggest that it's not a helpful look for you to make things up and pretend they're true.

SavedByTheLord

I've given you a link to those specific quotes on at least four occasions. Why haven't you checked them out?

1. Flat earth. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Genesis 1​
2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. ... 6 And God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.​
2. Geocentry. The earth is flat and the sun goes round it.
Joshua 10​
12 Then spoke Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon.” 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.​
3. Geocentry, earth immovable.
1 Chronicles 16:​
29 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering, and come before him! Worship the LORD in holy array; 30 tremble before him, all the earth; yea, the world stands firm, never to be moved.​
4. Geocentry, earth immovable.
Job 9​
6 who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble; 7 who commands the sun, and it does not rise; who seals up the stars; 8 who alone stretched out the heavens, and trampled the waves of the sea;​
5. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome
Job 22​
12 “Is not God high in the heavens? See the highest stars, how lofty they are! 13 Therefore you say, ‘What does God know? Can he judge through the deep darkness? 14 Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the vault of heaven.’​
6. The dome of the sky rests on pillars.
Job 26:​
11 “The pillars of heaven tremble, and are astounded at his rebuke.”​
7. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Job 37​
18 Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a molten mirror?​
8. The stars are adjacent to each other and the earth on the fixed dome.
Job 38​
7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?​
By the way, why would you expect the bible to say anything else, considering that this was the understanding of those times and places where the quotes above were written?

And I notice you can't produce any bible quotes to support your claim that

"the Bible says the earth rotates on its axis and that is how night and day are caused​
it also says that night and day occur at different times in the world at different times."​

I suggest that it's not a helpful look for you to make things up and pretend they're true.
In #1 where is the fixed dome?
In #2, God Almighty stopped the earth from moving and that is why the sun and moon both appeared to stop. It proves advanced scientific knowledge. Of course, God is Almighty, so conservation of angular momentum and other physical laws do not matter.
In #3, The earth does not move from its orbit, it continues in the path the laws of gravity require.
in #4, see #3
In #5, the immense distance to stars is revealed and proves advanced scientific knowledge.
In #6, heaven is a real place and not the sky. So, it has pillars and the throne of God and other things.
In #7, poetic language.
In #8, the morning stars are angels.

So far you have nothing.

Last edited:

SavedByTheLord

9. The earth is flat.
Job 38:​
13 That it might take hold of the skirts of the earth, and the wicked be shaken out of it?​
10. The earth is flat. The sun goes round it.
Psalm 19​
4 yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, 5 which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs its course with joy. 6 Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat.​
11. Geocentry. The earth is fixed.
Psalm 93:​
1 The LORD reigns; he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed, he is girded with strength. Yea, the world is established; it shall never be moved;​
12. Geocentry. The earth is fixed.
Psalm 96​
10 Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns! Yea, the world is established, it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity.”​
13. Geocentry. The earth is fixed. The earth is flat and rests on foundations.
Psalm 102​
25 Of old thou didst lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of thy hands.​
14. Geocentry. The earth is fixed.
Psalm 104​
5 Thou didst set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be shaken.​
15. Geocentry. The earth is fixed. The earth is flat.
Ecclesiastes 1:​
5 “The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.”​
16. The earth is flat, like a table.
Isaiah 11:​
12 And he will raise an ensign for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.​
17. The firmament (sky) is a fixed dome.
Isaiah 14​
13 You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far north; 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High.’​
18. The earth is flat, like a plate.
Isaiah 40​
22 It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;​
#9 poetic language.
#10 poetic language
#11 The earth does not move from its orbit, it continues in the path the laws of gravity require.
#12 see #10
#13 the core, mantle are the foundations of the earth. In this case its surface. Remember the earth hangs on nothing is in the Bible.
#14 see #13
#15 poetic language
#16 just language for the compass points of the earth - North, South, east and west . Still used all throughout the world today.
#17 Not using the King James Bible.

Here is the passage about Lucifer, aka, Satan speaking.

Verse 13 into heaven means the place where heaven is. the stars of God are the fallen angels. The mount of the congregation, means that many in churches will worship Satan and others too. Satan's kingdoms have all been located in the northern hemisphere, the sides of the north part of the globe. Babel, Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome. Several proofs that the Bible is true here.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. - Isa 14:12-15, KJB

#18 The circle of the earth is its orbit which is nearly circular. Space, the heavens are stretched out. Matches the Inflation Theory. And the stars and galaxies are arranged in clusters and large filaments. Looks like folds of a curtain.

So, far you are proving the Bible true.
Thanks

SavedByTheLord

The Bible declares that the things that are seen are made of things that are not seen. – 2 Cor 4:18

The Bible describes that people are wonderfully made. – Psalm 139:14

The Bible describes that the number of stars is comparable to the number of grains of sand on the shores. – Gen 22:17

The Bible shows dinosaurs and man exited together. – Job 40:15-24

The Bible describes Earth is a sphere. – Job 38:13-14, Luke 17:34-36

The Bible describes Earth rotating on its axis. – Job 38:12-14

The Bible describes stars as differing from each other is glory. – 1 Cor 15:41

The Bible describes multiple worlds. – Hebrews 1:2, 11:3

The Bible describes Pleaides star cluster as being bound by gravitational forces. – Job 38:31

The Bible describes day and night occurring at different times on the earth. – Luke 17:34-36

The Bible describes day and night caused by earth’s rotation on axis with the sun as a light source. Luke 17:34-36, Job 38:12-14

The Bible describes that the earth hangs on nothing in space. – Job 26:7

The Bible shows that abiogenies is false. – Genesis 1

The Bible describes life comes from God or other living things. – Genesis 1

The Bible describes that each kind produces offspring of its own kind. - Genesis 1

The Bible describes life is in the blood. – Lev 17:11

The Bible describes the great depths of the ocean.

The Bible describes mountains of the ocean.

The Bible describes the earth’s hydraulic cycle and why the oceans never fill.

The Bible describes the Earth as being protected from radiation from space by the shields of the earth.

The Bible describes the heavens being stretching out.

The Bible is emphatic that men cannot become women and women cannot become men.

The Bible declares that homosexual relations lead to disease.

The Bible describes gives good dietary rules.

The Bible describes gives good sanitation practices.

The Bible describes the unborn children being alive at conception.

The Bible describes earthquakes being caused by colliding plates.

The Bible describes the interior of the earth being very hot.

The Bible describes water springs in the depths of the ocean.

The Bible describes that the lifespan for people limited to 120 years. – Genesis 6:3

The Bible says immortality will not be achieved by men.

The Bible describes the motion of the moon and the earth’s rotation obey laws.

The Bible describes the planets in concentric circular orbits.

The Bible describes the atmospheric jet streams.

The Bible describes plate tectonics and the earth’s fractured plates.

The Bible describes some water in space.

The Bible describes water from beneath the earth’s surface.

The Bible describes the paths of the sea which led someone to discovering the great ocean currents.

The Bible describes herbal remedies.

The Bible describes the circulation of the atmosphere.

The Bible describes the chemical composition of flesh.

The Bible describes the immense weight of water in clouds.

The Bible describes that air has weights. – Job 28:25

The lunar landing by the eagle by the USA with a symbol of an eagle.

Asteroid or comet breaking up in 2 pieces and landing in 2 different places at different times – Rev 8

Some of the Fulfilled Prophecy from the Bible

Explosion of knowledge in the last days. – Dan 12:4

Explosion in worldwide travel in the last days. – Daniel 12:4

Population explosion in the last days to the levels of today. – Rev 9:6

The technology to implement the mark of the beast available in the last days. – Rev 14-16

The technology to implement worldwide surveillance available in the last days. – Rev 14-16

The rise of global communications in the last days. – Rev 14-16

The rise of Asian powers in the last days. – Rev 16:12

Men becoming like women in the last days. – Jer 51:30, Jer 50:37, Isa 19:16

Women becoming like men in the last days. - Ezek 23:34

The rise of transgenderism in the last days. – Deut 22:5, Ezek 23:34, Isa 39:7

Abortion in the last days. – Rev 8:10-11, 1 King 11:7, 2 Kings 23:10, Jer 2:34

Political homosexuality becoming fierce. – Gen 19, Luke 17:28

The history of the church for the last 2000 years. – Rev 2-3

The ecumenical joining of denominations in the last days. This include the ECT and the Manhattan Declaration. – Rev 2-3, 17

The denial of the flood in the last days. – 2 Pet 2:5

The tongues movement since circa 1900. – 1 Cor 13,14, 2 Cor 11

The rise of science falsely called in the last days. – 1 Tim 6

A large falling away from the Christian faith. – 1 Tim 4, 2 Tim3, 2 Thess 2

The gospel corrupted in the last days. – Gen 6, 2 Cor 11

The rise of false prophets in the last days. – 2 Cor 11

Satan’s minsters transformed into the minsters of Christ. – 2 Cor 11

Enormous amounts of goods produced and the emergence of a worldwide trading system. – Rev 18

The emergence of a worldwide government. – Rev 14,17

The joining together of all these worldwide entities with the merchants of the world. – Rev 17

Satan appearing as an angel of light. This may explain the explosion of appearances of Mary. – 2 Cor 11

Many heeding he call for peace and safety, even with enemies they should not trust. – 1 Thess 5

The rise of the curious arts, even amongst those that profess faith in Christ. – Acts 19

The fulfillment of the last days description of people. - 2 Tim 3:1-5

People heaping teachers to their itching ears in the last days, even amongst those that profess faith in Christ. – 2 Tim 4

People tuning their ears from the truth in the last days, even amongst those that profess faith in Christ. – 2 Tim 4

Many churches in effect denying the Lord Jesus Christ that bought them. – 2 Peter 2

Secret societies having great influence in the last days. – Isa 28

The infiltration of churches and other organizations by deceivers in the last days. – 2 Tim 3

The rise of socialism in the last days. – Rev 17

Evil men and seducers waxing worse and worse. 2 Tim 3:13

Great delusion and deception in the last days. – 2 Thess 2

Even though all these things are happening, and all the Biblical predictions are coming true, most will not be aware.

A famine of hearing the word of God in the last days. – Amos 11

The removing of the death penalty in the last days. – Gen 6, Matt 24:38

The rise of violence and murder in the last days. - Gen 6, Matt 24:38

The rise of famous people having great influence. – Gen 6

The return of the Israelites to Israel. – Psalm 132:13-14, et al

A phenomenon where there is excessive rain in one city or area and drought in others. – Amos 4

The emergence of the European Union is the last days. – Dan 2

The rise and fall of the British Empire. – Rev 2-3

The drying up of the river Euphrates in the last days. – Rev 16:12

The change for the USA from owning much wealth to being in great debt. – Deut 28, Rev 3
The belief that man is an animal (evolution) in the last days. – Rev 14, 2 Thess 2

The ten waves of persecution of Christians by pagan Rome between 70 AD and 315 AD. – Rev 2

The toleration and then promotion of Christianity beginning around 315 AD. – Rev 2

The beginning of state-controlled churches in Rome circa 4th century. – Rev 2

The beginning of persecution of some Christians that would not join the state-controlled churches. – Rev 2

The corruption of scripture with Jerome’s Latin Vulgate. – Rev 2

The destruction of the western Roman Empire by supposed barbarians for corrupting the word. – Rev 2

The falling away of a part of Christianity with Lent and forbidding priests to marry. – 1 Tim 4

The control of the Catholic Church of Europe and its Inquisitions. – Rev 2

The black plague to break the power of the Catholic Church. – Rev 2

The famine in the early 1300s to break the power of the Catholic Church. – Rev 2

The forbidding of possessing the Bible for layman, and in their own language. – Rev 2

The protestant reformation including the 95 theses of Luther. – Rev 3

The joining of church and state for Protestant churches. – Rev 3

The persecution by Protestant churches joined with the state of various other Christian groups. – Rev 3

The failure of the Protestant churches to remove all the errors of the Catholic Church, especially sacraments. – Rev 3

The further falling away of the Protestant churches in the last several decades. – Rev 3

The removal of the rapture of the church from many statements of faith in the last days. – Rev 3, 1 Thess 5

The corruption of scripture with the new bible versions in the last 60 years. – 2 Cor 2

The granting of freedom to Christians with the signing of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution in Philadelphia. – Rev 3

The 501c3 sell out to the US government for money by many churches. – Rev 3

Not obeying Christ by reading 1 Thess to all the holy brethren. – 1 Thess 1

Not obeying Christ by not marking and avoiding. – Rom 16

Not obeying Christ by not preaching all doctrine, in season and out of season. – 2 Thess 4

The Catholic mass as a sacrifice to devils, fellowship with devils and the table and cup of devils. – 1 Cor 10

The rise of the Textus Receptus based Bibles in the languages of people and the ability to have them. – Rev 3

The rise of the English empire and language so that the King James Bible and the gospel of Christ would be available around the world. – Rev 2-3

The fall of the English empire because they corrupted the Bible with the RSV in 1881. – Rev 2-3

The beginning of the fall of the US empire because they corrupted the Bible with the new versions starting in 1960s. – Rev 3

The golden cup of the Catholic Church in the hand of the great harlot. – Rev 17

All the dead bones in many Catholic churches and cathedrals around the world. – Matt 23:27

The last days scientists ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the true. -2 Tim 3:7

All the different heresies throughout various denominations. - 1 Cor 1, Rev 2-3

The rise and fall of the Romans Empire. - Dan 2

The rise and fall of the Greek Empire – Dan 2

The rise and fall of the Persian Empire – Dan 2

The rise and fall of the Babylonian Empire – Dan 2

The destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple circa 70 AD.

Famine in various places in the last days. – Matt 24:7

Wars and rumors or wars in the last days. – Matt 24:6

People being afraid of the changes coming upon the earth in the last days. – Luke 21:25-26

The rise of idolatry, witchcraft, and sorcery in the last days. – Acts 19:19

The rise in hatred of the saved by many in the last days. – Matt 10:22, Matt 24:9

The rise of flooding in the last days. – Matt 24:7

The rise of pestilences in the last days. – Math 24:7

The rise of earthquakes in various places. – Matt 24:7

Many of man’s inventions are destructive. – Psalm 99:8

Jesus Christ fulfilled over 400 prophecies from the OT. The odds against that happening are 2^2000 to 1.

Over 2000 prophecies from the Bible have already been fulfilled. The remainder are for a future time. That odds against that are over 10^20,000 to 1.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Which never happened, as you know, since you can't find that recent universal flood layer, those genetic bottlenecks or that extra billion cubic miles of water.
One of countless creation stories around the world, and entirely unsupported by the findings of science ─ which as you know is concerned with reality rather than folktale.
Why not say it gives a delicious recipe for crawfish salad? That would be at least as accurate as your claim. Do you even know what you mean by "the Law of entropy"?
And a recipe for a meringue and strawberry ice cream dessert. Well, either both, or neither.

Your whole list is a game of let's-pretend.

So let's not get diverted from the Flood. As it stands, you can't account for three (of a great many) phenomena that must be evident in present-day reality IF the bible's flood story is true. Start with the missing billion cubic miles of water. Where is it now?

In #1 where is the fixed dome?
What do you think "firmament" means? What do you think the etymology of "firmament" is?
In #2, God Almighty stopped the earth from moving and that is why the sun and moon both appeared to stop. It proves advanced scientific knowledge. Of course, God is Almighty, so conservation of angular momentum and other physical laws do not matter.
What would happen if you were able to stop the earth rotating? After all at the equator it's spinning eastward at 1000 mph. It instantly stops but everything not very firmly tied down will continue east at the same speed (depending on how far from the equator they are) with huge and fatal results. And think of the colossal ocean surges on the same basis, flooding all waterfronts.

But of course we find nothing of the kind in reality. No historical record notes such a catastrophe, such flinging of people and animals and rocks and trees, such monstrous ocean surges flooding the land, no geological or oceanographic evidence gives the tiniest hint of such an event. So we know what's obvious, it's just a folktale.
In #3, The earth does not move from its orbit, it continues in the path the laws of gravity require.
As the quotes I gave you show, the bible says the earth is immovably fixed. It can't be moved. It rests on pillars. The sun moon and stars go round it. There is no such thing in the bible as an orbit for the earth.
In #5, the immense distance to stars is revealed and proves advanced scientific knowledge.
There is no concept of deep space in the bible, no notion of heliocentry, gravity, orbits, planets or a solar system, let alone deep space, other stars, other galaxies ─ absolutely nothing.
In #6, heaven is a real place and not the sky. So, it has pillars and the throne of God and other things.
Then you'll have photographs. Please post them here.
In #7, poetic language.
You could say the same for the whole of Genesis.
In #8, the morning stars are angels.
Where does it say the morning stars are angels?
So far you have nothing.

You appear to be asserting that you can't read your own bible without imposing your own dreams on it.

And you can't produce those bible quotes that say (as you claimed) ─

Did you just make that up?

SavedByTheLord

Which never happened, as you know, since you can't find that recent universal flood layer, those genetic bottlenecks or that extra billion cubic miles of water.

One of countless creation stories around the world, and entirely unsupported by the findings of science ─ which as you know is concerned with reality rather than folktale.

Why not say it gives a delicious recipe for crawfish salad? That would be at least as accurate as your claim. Do you even know what you mean by "the Law of entropy"?

And a recipe for a meringue and strawberry ice cream dessert. Well, either both, or neither.

So let's not get diverted from the Flood. As it stands, you can't account for three (of a great many) phenomena that must be evident in present-day reality IF the bible's flood story is true. Start with the missing billion cubic miles of water. Where is it now?

What do you think "firmament" means? What do you think the etymology of "firmament" is?

What would happen if you were able to stop the earth rotating? After all at the equator it's spinning eastward at 1000 mph. It instantly stops but everything not very firmly tied down will continue east at the same speed (depending on how far from the equator they are) with huge and fatal results. And think of the colossal ocean surges on the same basis, flooding all waterfronts.

But of course we find nothing of the kind in reality. No historical record notes such a catastrophe, such flinging of people and animals and rocks and trees, such monstrous ocean surges flooding the land, no geological or oceanographic evidence gives the tiniest hint of such an event. So we know what's obvious, it's just a folktale.

As the quotes I gave you show, the bible says the earth is immovably fixed. It can't be moved. It rests on pillars. The sun moon and stars go round it. There is no such thing in the bible as an orbit for the earth.

There is no concept of deep space in the bible, no notion of heliocentry, gravity, orbits, planets or a solar system, let alone deep space, other stars, other galaxies ─ absolutely nothing.

You appear to be asserting that you can't read your own bible without imposing your own dreams on it.

Firmament just means the sky above.
The same is in Rev 12 which describes the fallen angels who followed after Satan.

SavedByTheLord

So yours were answered up to #18 and just can’t refute any of the advanced scientific knowledge nor the prophecies from the Bible.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Firmament just means the sky above.
What is the etymology of 'firmament'? Look it up.
The same is in Rev 12 which describes the fallen angels who followed after Satan.
You think that really happened? You think that's historical? Really?
So yours were answered up to #18 and just can’t refute any of the advanced scientific knowledge nor the prophecies from the Bible.

No, you haven't addressed anything of substance.

And you still haven't accounted for the missing billion cubic miles of water. Or that universal flood layer. Or those genetic bottlenecks.

Wouldn't ordinary decency, let alone Christian honesty and plain dealing, require you to admit you can't? Or don't those things matter in your religion?

And where are those bible quotes for

Your evasions are making it appear that you simply made that up. Is that the case? If not, produce the quotes.

Oh, and where are those photos of that real heaven you mentioned?

SavedByTheLord

What is the etymology of 'firmament'? Look it up.

You think that really happened? You think that's historical? Really?

No, you haven't addressed anything of substance.

And you still haven't accounted for the missing billion cubic miles of water. Or that universal flood layer. Or those genetic bottlenecks.

Wouldn't ordinary decency, let alone Christian honesty and plain dealing, require you to admit you can't? Or don't those things matter in your religion?

And where are those bible quotes for

Your evasions are making it appear that you simply made that up. Is that the case? If not, produce the quotes.

Oh, and where are those photos of that real heaven you mentioned?
Of course it means sky Which is a synonym of firmament.
Of course Satan led 1/3 of the angels to rebel.
For the flood, the mountains were much lower, most of the extra water came from below the oceans when the plates broke.
And to drain all the flood waters, the mountains were raised and the ocean depths lowered.
There are various descriptions of heaven in the Bible