• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Woke Thread

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
snowflakes-never-would-have-made-it-through-our-day-sanford-son-archie-bunker.jpg
These shows are definitely not for big dummies or meatheads.

This thread is a catch all for any comments that RF posters
have for this whole "woke" business.

Netizens went into a tizzy, after a racially triggering clip—showing an Oklahoma State University teaching assistant refusing to teach Spanish because she is White— made the rounds online...

She dropped the communally triggering remark during the Southern Connecticut State University's 2021 Virtual Women's and Gender Studies Conference. “Racism originates with and is perpetuated by white people,” said Bridges at the Conference in the video, further adding that “White isn't right.” What’s more, the academician reportedly vowed to confront her "internalized white supremacy" by not teaching Spanish, as reported on Fox News.

“Learning Spanish from a White woman, I wish I could go back and tell my students not to learn power or correctness from this White woman,” said Bridges. “Dismantling white supremacy in society looks like dismantling in my heart first. It means I'm not going to teach Spanish,” she added.

White Teaching Assistant Refuses To Teach Spanish

thinking-face_1f914.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Netizens went into a tizzy, after a racially triggering clip—showing an Oklahoma State University teaching assistant refusing to teach Spanish because she is White— made the rounds online...

She dropped the communally triggering remark during the Southern Connecticut State University's 2021 Virtual Women's and Gender Studies Conference. “Racism originates with and is perpetuated by white people,” said Bridges at the Conference in the video, further adding that “White isn't right.” What’s more, the academician reportedly vowed to confront her "internalized white supremacy" by not teaching Spanish, as reported on Fox News.

“Learning Spanish from a White woman, I wish I could go back and tell my students not to learn power or correctness from this White woman,” said Bridges. “Dismantling white supremacy in society looks like dismantling in my heart first. It means I'm not going to teach Spanish,” she added.

thinking-face_1f914.png
I searched for "people Spain", & found many pix.
This is typical....
R08c3bfe6d185681a7d5c4995545edd24

Do all those white people in Spain realize
that they're racist for speaking Spanish?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

thinking-face_1f914.png

This doesn't even make any sense.

How insane can it get?

PureX

Veteran Member
When someone manages to become the designated 'spokesperson' for a new way of thinking about the world, or some aspect of it, they become a 'hot commodity' for college administrators. And rightly so, I suppose, as it is their job to present the most up-to-date ideas and information to their students.

And I would think you greedy capitalists would be tickled pink that this guy is bilking everyone involved for everything he can get out of them. After all, that's the capitalism goal, isn't it? .. Exploit everyone and everything for as much as you can get out of them.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
“Woke” as used in this context is just another in a series of terms like “politically correct”, or SJW, or even TDS. A pathetic attempt to make it seem like fighting for things like justice or equal treatment is something to be embarrassed about.

But already this most recent term is losing its punch. Soon they will come up with another term, don’t fall for it.

I searched for "people Spain", & found many pix.
This is typical....
R08c3bfe6d185681a7d5c4995545edd24

Do all those white people in Spain realize
that they're racist for speaking Spanish?

Everyone knows the Spanish culturally appropriated the Spanish language from its rightful owners, the Mexicans, back in the day when they were Conquistadoring them senseless.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Let's test it...
Who here admits being not "woke"?
Me.
I also don't do red bills or blue pills. I don't dwell in caves or on surfaces.
If you need a label to convey how your allegedly you're "with it" you probably aren't. They say they are, but what they do is show us they are rather intolerant of others amd hugely homogeneous anyways. Like the all white guy diversity group thingy at Lockheed Martin I think it was. That should work great. 100% all white men discussing what they can do to be better allies amd supporters to the big world stuffed full of non white men.

Shadow Wolf

“Racism originates with and is perpetuated by white people,” said Bridges at the Conference in the video,
That's why I don't do woke. Originates? We see racial prejudice in the OT being expressed. Hell, wokies say it's racist for someone to not date outside their race/ethnicity, but the Bible does indeed forbid such a thing with the Jews.
The original sin and inherent guilt is another reason I have no qualms saying I'm not woke.

A pathetic attempt to make it seem like fighting for things like justice or equal treatment is something to be embarrassed about.

What about when "woke" ideologies promote unequal treatment based on race, or when people believe hyperfocus on racial identities will prove counterproductive?

If you ignore the MAGA ideologue types, most people who oppose 'woke' ideologies do so because they support fairness and equal treatment, they just have different views on how to achieve it.

Last edited:

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

thinking-face_1f914.png
I'm fairly liberal but.

Whut?

Something's not rational here.

"Racism originates with and is perpetuated by white people,” said Bridges

So is Spanish which most of it's speakers today are not white. Why not teach it?

Shadow Wolf

Me.
But then again, I had to learn grammar and know that it's "awake" not "woke".
Funny, but a winner because grammar (and math and science) isn't racist. Try to do German or Japanese without grammar. It doesn't work. Grammar is how we remove confusion amd add clarity that we aren't eating grandpa for dinner.

Last edited:
I'm fairly liberal but.

Whut?

Something's not rational here.

"Racism originates with and is perpetuated by white people,” said Bridges

So is Spanish which most of it's speakers today are not white. Why not teach it?

It's the modern equivalent of wearing sackcloth, hair shirts and scourging yourself to drive out the sin...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Maybe. Someone would need to explain what it means. In my experience if I ask 3 people, I end up with 4 interpretations.
At the least, I see very little sense in the word. Then again, I think much the same about 'humanist'...lol

I see the word "woke" used in this context as being a PC version of i learned not to be a racist jerk.

Does that make 5 interpretations?