• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The witchhunt continues...

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
People's rights and freedoms do indeed supercede the irrational and unsubstantiated fears of others.

So if I understand you correctly, the trans people's feelings are legit and should be honored, but women who do not want biological males to share their bathrooms are being irrational. Did I get that correct?

Zwing

...that's sarcasm, right?
Oh, it’s sarcastic, but very true as well. I’m 6’3” and around 240-245. I don’t think the butchy ***** would come at me with anything short of a shotgun, but if she did **** around, she sure as hell would find out.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Reminds me of a manager I had at Arbys. She's a fiercely proud dyke, big for a cis-woman, very butch in appearance and masculine in mannerisms (she out butches most guys), and if you disrespect her family she's coming after you with a baseball bat.
Lol one of my old school friends is a very “macho” kind of cis woman into everything “masculine.” She has short hair, very stocky build and fits in more with the “bloke-y blokes”

We were genuinely surprised when she came out as straight :shrug:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If she had the “balls” to do that after seeing me, she would be quickly reminded that she is a woman, and not a dude.
LMAO! Spoken like a true, wannabe hard ***.
No, this gal has been in some rumbles before and if that's your attitude she'd grind your in the ground as well.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can’t stomach the disrespect involved.
I think every responsible citizen should occasionally burn it as a reminder this our country and not the politicians, corporations, or Yeehawdists who try to force their highly prejudiced Christian Nationalism on the rest of us.

icehorse

Premium Member
Christ! I called you out in an earlier post for putting words in my mouth and here you doing it again!
And some white people have been assaulted by black people. Hell, some friends and I were jumped by some black gang members years ago. Should we go back to racial segregation because some bigoted honkeys hold all black people accountable?
And guess what? Cis-men have always been finding ways to molest, harass and assault women. Like janitors putting cameras in women's restrooms and changing rooms. The uncle who rapes his niece at home. The boss who forces himself on his secretary.
Try thinking outside of your bubbles for once.

Calm down @Shadow Wolf , you're involved in a debate. You might not always be right ;) Your debate opponents are not required to answer every point you make. They are not required to verbatim parrot back everything you've said. These topics are complex. If you put forth an argument along the lines of: Since A is true AND B is true AND C is true, then X, your opponent does not - from a boolean logic perspective - have to answer A and B and C. If ANY of A, B, and C are responded to, that's completely legit from a debating perspective.

carry on ;)

icehorse

Premium Member
Could you link some news articles covering any such assaults? Smells like another bull**** strawman.

Let's imagine how this exchange will go:

i'll provide a link or two...
you'll discredit them, or claim they're just isolated cases

nah, do your own search engine work

But, for the sake of discussion, let's say I made a factual error. In that case, how would that be a strawman?

icehorse

Premium Member
I'm saying irrational fear is not a valid reason to curtail people's rights and freedoms.

I agree, but I don't believe these women's fears are irrational.

I do not have the right to enter a public women's restroom. Are my rights being curtailed?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
i'll provide a link or two...
you'll discredit them, or claim they're just isolated cases
If it's a legitimate problem, then there would be numerous news reports from reputable sources.
nah, do your own search engine work
Not my claim, thus not my burden.
But, for the sake of discussion, let's say I made a factual error. In that case, how would that be a strawman?
It would still be erroneous either way.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I agree, but I don't believe these women's fears are irrational.
Again, there would be a substantial number of police reports to validate such fear. Transwomen have been using the women's restrooms for decades with others none the wiser. Now if transmen were forced to use the women's restrooms because they were born female, women would raise a much bigger stink.
I do not have the right to enter a public women's restroom. Are my rights being curtailed?
Nope.

icehorse

Premium Member
Again, there would be a substantial number of police reports to validate such fear. Transwomen have been using the women's restrooms for decades with others none the wiser. Now if transmen were forced to use the women's restrooms because they were born female, women would raise a much bigger stink.

Let me clarify: The problem here is that trans activists are attempting to NORMALIZE people who look like men using women's bathrooms. This idea is relatively new. We know that rape and assault are HUGE problems. If this new idea gains traction, then we've just made it much easier for rapists and assaulters to have access to women in vulnerable and isolated spaces.

Does that clarify the issue?

icehorse

Premium Member
Not my claim, thus not my burden.

This is a sort of chicken and egg issue AFAIC. To me, trans activists are making extraordinary claims like: "It should be okay for trans men who from the outside look exactly like men, to use women's restrooms". So to me, that's the beginning of the debate. And to me, that's an extraordinary claim.

No?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This is a sort of chicken and egg issue AFAIC. To me, trans activists are making extraordinary claims like: "It should be okay for trans men who from the outside look exactly like men, to use women's restrooms". So to me, that's the beginning of the debate. And to me, that's an extraordinary claim.

No?
Transmen were born female, so conservatives want them to use the women's restrooms, despite looking like men. Also, a source for your quote, please.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Let me clarify: The problem here is that trans activists are attempting to NORMALIZE people who look like men using women's bathrooms. This idea is relatively new. We know that rape and assault are HUGE problems. If this new idea gains traction, then we've just made it much easier for rapists and assaulters to have access to women in vulnerable and isolated spaces.

Does that clarify the issue?

S-09-Straw-600x606.jpg

icehorse

Premium Member
Transmen were born female, so conservatives want them to use the women's restrooms, despite looking like men. Also, a source for your quote, please.

I'm not supporting conservatives, I'm supporting common sense and reality :) And I'm not saying trans people should use the other current restroom. I'd suggest we provide alternate restrooms.

As for my quote, how would you couch the debate we're in?