• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Westboro Baptist Church's hate extends beyond Homosexuals

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Many often focus on the WBC's hate of homosexuals, since no doubt gays are the church's most frequent targets, there's no doubt about that. However, in addition to disliking gays, the WBC also hates America, India, Catholics, several Protestant groups, and Muslims.

The WBC has a website claiming God hates America. The church has even held anti-Jewish pickets at Holocaust museums. Where does the madness of this hate group end?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I love the Chaser's War on Everything video making fun of them. I'd post it here but it might break the forum rules. If you want to check it out, they're on Youtube

Duck

Many often focus on the WBC's hate of homosexuals, since no doubt gays are the church's most frequent targets, there's no doubt about that. However, in addition to disliking gays, the WBC also hates America, India, Catholics, several Protestant groups, and Muslims.

The WBC has a website claiming God hates America. The church has even held anti-Jewish pickets at Holocaust museums. Where does the madness of this hate group end?

The vast majority of their hate of other groups stems from those groups treatment of homosexuals though. The reason that "god" hates america is due to the relatively positive treatment (e.g. LGBT folks aren't executed upon discovery) of LGBT folks. I think the RCC has earned their ire due to the apparent veneration of the pope (I know that isn't what happens, but try explaining that to a rightwing nutjob) over god. I am not sure of the source of their anti-semitism, but it probably relates to some sort of "turning away" from god or something similar.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
The vast majority of their hate of other groups stems from those groups treatment of homosexuals though. The reason that "god" hates america is due to the relatively positive treatment (e.g. LGBT folks aren't executed upon discovery) of LGBT folks. I think the RCC has earned their ire due to the apparent veneration of the pope (I know that isn't what happens, but try explaining that to a rightwing nutjob) over god. I am not sure of the source of their anti-semitism, but it probably relates to some sort of "turning away" from god or something similar.

Don't forget Hindus. That''s why they say God hates India, because it is full of heathen idol worshipers. :facepalm:

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist

Which is why I think it is more of a legal thing. They attack nearly everything in mindless displays that are designed to make people mad. It is all the fuel that a family of lawyers need to make a living.

Which is why I think it is more of a legal thing. They attack nearly everything in mindless displays that are designed to make people mad. It is all the fuel that a family of lawyers need to make a living.

This is exactly what it is. They go do their protests at places they think they'll be able to gode bystanders into attacking them, and then they sue the **** out of anyone who takes the bait.

They're not a real church, it's a scam.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member

The WBC is not worth my breath. They prove who they are each time they picket someone's funeral for their own gain and each time they say they hate someone or they say God hates someone. I want to pretend they don't exist or maybe just picket the WBC- or if one dies, lower down to their level and protest at his or her funeral.

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
They also hate Canada, don't forget! godhatescanada.com

And they also hate "Goths", but I'm actually not sure if it's the Westboro church or another one that has that website. godhatesgoths.com