• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Weaker Sex

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
truthseekingsoul said:
My girlfriend really is awful at playstation games. I feel that confirms it.

Ah, but I can kick a multitude of fanny on any console, and am female! Mwhahahaaa!

While I'll give the disclaimer that there isn't (of course) any way to determine such a thing based on such a broad area as gender, I remember reading a study stating that males have a much lower pain threshold than females. (This was brought home yesterday by a co-worker catching the flu and whining about it for hours. *shudders at the rememberance*)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I apologize for posting twice in a row, but I didn't see this until my second time reading the thread.

I know this isn't under the religious debate forum, and I apologize if adding my humble words offends anyone, but I hope, since they'll eventually have to do with gender, it will be understandable.

trishtrish10 said:
i know cause i was an occaisonal user. when high one could stare at a tree for a long time and really enjoy it. in real life, unless a horticulturist, agronomist, etc. one would only enjoy looking at a tree for a few seconds and then get bored and look for another pleasing sight, sound, whisper, etc. kids who smoke weed complain they are bored when not high. that's understandable and enjoyment must be relearned after discarding the desire to smoke.

While I understand the sentiment, I think it's rather closed-minded to say that it would take being impaired in some way to enjoy a tree, or any other form of life for an extended period of time. I have never ingested anything that wasn't legal or would have caused me to be 'intoxicated' in any way, and I love spending hours on end having 'talks' with trees. Lest I forget my other friends in Spirit, this also goes to chatting with rocks, birds, beasts and other critters. Before I get a 'new age nonsense' reaction, I should note that the fellow who taught me how to communicate with them is an upstanding Methodist, who was raised as (and is) a shaman. While I can't claim to be a shaman myself (though I'd love to be able to), I've learned that "God," "Jesus", "Spirit", however one wishes to refer to them, is truly in all things, creatures, and people (all genders, hehee!) equally.

And the world all the more beautiful for it.

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
generic generalizations:

good things

males are smarter
females are more reasonable
males are stronger
females are more loving
males are faster
females are more careful/caring
males are more capable
females are more submissive
males are better at video games
females are better at putting make-up on

--S

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
society dictates gender roles... if women or men are better or worse at anything it is because they have the expectation to be so.

some physical attributes are a given as sexual dimorphism has made males and females differently. Males are larger hence it is more likely that they will be stronger as they have more muscle mass. Females, being smaller, can be more nimble than males.

as for mental attributes such as intelligence, submissiveness and emotionality, that is mostly the result of environment.

tell a girl from preschool on that "girls suck at math" and it will come true, by the time she reaches middle school she will be convinced that she cant do math as well as a boy and will not try to.

Tell a boy from a young age that 'boys don't cry' and by the time he is a man he will be detatched from his emotions (or embarrased enough by them) that he won't cry... consiquently this has something to do with why women live longer than men, as men put themselves under the extra stress of 'looking tough'.

I'm as strong as most guys I know, I was raised to not use the 'but I'm a girl' excuse.
I'm not submissive buy any strech as I was taught to stand up for myself.
I am not good at putting on make-up as I abhor the stuff.
I am just as good at video games as any boy... better than most at real-time stratagy games.
I'm no more (in fact perhaps less so) reasonable than any man.
and as for being more careful/caring... well... I couldn't give a **** about that ;)

wa:do

Lightkeeper

HelpMe said:
generic generalizations:

good things

males are smarter
males are stronger
females are more loving
males are faster
males are more capable
females are better at putting make-up on

--S
Well, I'm about as submissive as a rabid tiger. I'm better at all sports than my brother. I have a very high IQ and would imagine there are many men not as smart as I am. I've known men who are more loving than I. This list is not representative of the differences between men and women.

Melody

<<I've said it before and I'll say it again--the mind of a woman is pure evil.>>

Wishful thinking?

Melody

Melody

<<we are all weak at moments that is when our Lord is the strongest.>>

I've always looked at it as I'm more willing to listen to the Lord when I am at my weakest. He is always strong, but sometimes we just put our fingers in our ears and go "nananananananana" because we think we've got it all. Then something goes wrong and we realize we don't and we take our fingers out of our ears.

Melody

Melody

<<males are smarter
males are stronger
females are more loving
males are faster
males are more capable
females are better at putting make-up on>

LOL...I have to show this one to my husband. Reasonable is not a word generally applied to me and he is most definitely the nurturer in our family. I'm definitely not submissive and I'm better at video games. Makeup...what's that?

Melody