• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The way things are worded

Vee

Premium Member
I just got an email from my electricity supplier announcing that my electricity prices are "evolving". They don't say increasing, or going higher. This is all very diplomatic and proper. The rates are "evolving", as if having to pay an extra 10% per month is a good thing...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I just got an email from my electricity supplier announcing that my electricity prices are "evolving". They don't say increasing, or going higher. This is all very diplomatic and proper. The rates are "evolving", as if having to pay an extra 10% per month is a good thing...

Evolution makes it sound like something they have no control over. So you can't blame then for the increasing cost of your utilities.:D

Reactions: Vee

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Does it mater? Still have to pay the bills anyway.
Aye, you must pay.
Damnable evolution!

Reminds me of other duplicitous things people say....
Inflation Reduction Act
Affirmative Action
Mistakes were made
Arbeit Macht Frei
Higher in food energy <-- The positive way to say "more calories"
Single Christian women want to meet you! <-- A frequent message to me

• Creative
Reactions: Vee

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

EDF?, yup i got one also .

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I keep thinking there is a witch behind the keyboard saying all the more to fleece you with my dear.....

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's hilarious!

They really think customers aren't going to see through that nonsense? Be transparent and straightforward. It'd be less embarrassing for them as they try to sugarcoat the news and fail utterly.