• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The vaccine and the booster

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I rely on the same types of sources as you do when it comes to scientific/medical information. Which is why it's rather annoying when my conspiracy-minded Facebook friends who quote Fox News and random YouTube videos keeps accusing me of relying on "the media" for my information about COVID, literally as I'm citing science journals to him. o_O
People read this kind of crap, & it gets permanently
lodged in brains...
Tucker Carlson: The COVID vaccine is dangerous for kids, Big Tech doesn't want you to know that
Govt. data reveals shocking number of deaths, injuries directly caused by COVID vaccines

Notice that these sources never report the
"shocking number of deaths" from Covid 19.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
lodged in brains...
Tucker Carlson: The COVID vaccine is dangerous for kids, Big Tech doesn't want you to know that
Govt. data reveals shocking number of deaths, injuries directly caused by COVID vaccines

Oh man, I know I have had those articles quoted at me before. :facepalm:

Why report actual deaths from COVID when you can just make stuff up in the name of culture wars or whatever?

First of all, check the date on that - it's from last July.
What’s really comical is the “date” comments :D, many say things like that and then post an article for example the one I was responding to May and July 2021, did you notice that or no? What do you believe my position to be about the Covid Vaccines seen as it seems you don’t by your comment.

lodged in brains...

Just to let you know that if you highlight your reference and listen to the video the man doing the research does tell you the numbers and how he came to his conclusions, now whether that’s accurate or whether you believe it or not is up to you to research. But to say the numbers aren’t reported isn’t correct.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What’s really comical is the “date” comments :D, many say things like that and then post an article for example the one I was responding to May and July 2021, did you notice that or no? What do you believe my position to be about the Covid Vaccines seen as it seems you don’t by your comment.
There's nothing comical about staying up to date on a pandemic where we're having to learn as we go along.

I posted a whole bunch of other stuff in response but you cut that out and just responded to this once sentence. Why is that?

There's nothing comical about staying up to date on a pandemic where we're having to learn as we go along.

I posted a whole bunch of other stuff in response but you cut that out and just responded to this once sentence. Why is that?
When you comment about a post without looking at the post that’s being responded to its comical, I
posted date for approximate date of the article I was responding to.
Most of your posts to me aren’t worth responding to but when you don’t seem to know what my position is I just ask and you still avoid that simple question.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
When you comment about a post without looking at the post that’s being responded to its comical, I
posted date for approximate date of the article I was responding to.
Most of your posts to me aren’t worth responding to but when you don’t seem to know what my position is I just ask and you still avoid that simple question.
No idea what you're talking about.

It would be cool if you'd not snip out single sentences of my posts to respond to and then act as if I didn't say anything else. TIA.

No idea what you're talking about.

It would be cool if you'd not snip out single sentences of my posts to respond to and then act as if I didn't say anything else. TIA.

Ok, your comment leads me to believe you have no idea what my position is about Covid and the vaccines, but that’s ok, good day unless you would like to communicate what you think my position is. This is a basic communication question not a trick question .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just to let you know that if you highlight your reference and listen to the video the man doing the research does tell you the numbers and how he came to his conclusions, now whether that’s accurate or whether you believe it or not is up to you to research. But to say the numbers aren’t reported isn’t correct.
The "whether that's accurate" is problematic. Do you
or I have the ready ability to vet the claims? Nah.
But there are trustworthy folk who do. I trust Johns
Hopkins & Mayo Clinic more than news sources with
an agenda of dismissing Covid 19, & claiming that
vaccines are dangerous.
But we can do some things....
Go to you local hospital to see why it's over-flowing.
Is it with unvaccinated people severely afflicted with
Covid 19, or with people showing severe vaccine side
effects?
Local docs here report a flood of anti-vaxers are
draining resources. This **** is real. No one is
showing up with vaccine side effects that require
hospitalization.

The "whether that's accurate" is problematic. Do you
or I have the ready ability to vet the claims? Nah.
But there are trustworthy folk who do. I trust Johns
Hopkins & Mayo Clinic more than news sources
with an agenda of dismissing Covid 19, & claimnig
that vaccines are dangerous.
But we can do some things....
Go to you local hospital to see why it's over-flowing.
Is it with unvaccinated people severely afflicted with
Covid 19, or with people showing severe vaccine
side effects?
Local docs here report a flood of anti-vaxers are
draining resources. This **** is real.
You said no one gives any numbers and they do as well as say what they base those numbers on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You said no one gives any numbers and they do as well as say what they base those numbers on.
I speak to arguments by anti-vaxers on RF. They dis
vaccines for lack of efficacy, & for side effects. But they
don't compare the quantified effects of vaccines to the
quantified effects of Covid 19. Their arguments are
always essentially "vaccines have unknown dangers".
This is absurd, given that Covid 19 has known terrible
dangers, & also unknown dangers.
That's a poor basis for eschewing vaccination.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Citizens of the US can look at the available information on the Covid Vaccines, consult their Doctor and make their own decision on whether to take the vaccine or not, if you’re sick stay home if you’re not resume your life.
A word of caution....
An informed consumer is the best consumer. Not all
physicians are competent, so not all treatments are
valid. It's been a big problem not just with Covid 19.
Here in MI, we've had some school athletic doctors
who abused patients with bogus treatments. I knew
one victim personally....his treatment was more of
an assault.
Go to reputable sources to understand as much as
possible. Then consider a doctor's advice/service
in light of what you've already learned.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Not the same thing at all.
Do you take any non-"natural" medicines, eg, Ibuprofen
for pain, anesthetics at the dentist, antibiotics for infection?
consequences of altered DNA, if any, are unknown. However, others, including the CDC said that the virus would not interact with DNA.

"Other scientists believe that mRNA vaccines can enter and permanently alter DNA. Like DNA vaccines, RNA vaccines use part of the genetic code of the virus to get the immune system to respond. "
It's not even debatable. It's just touted as a good thing.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I speak to arguments by anti-vaxers on RF. They dis
vaccines for lack of efficacy, & for side effects. But they
don't compare the quantified effects of vaccines to the
quantified effects of Covid 19. Their arguments are
always essentially "vaccines have unknown dangers".
This is absurd, given that Covid 19 has known terrible
dangers, & also unknown dangers.
That's a poor basis for eschewing vaccination.
Better the devil you know...