• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The vaccine and the booster

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you have the vaccine and the booster, why does your protection depend on and rely on if John has the vaccine?
If you are vaccinated and protected but John isn't, isn't John the one who should be worried?

John should be worried, but he isn't. He is much more likely to die of the present variants of COVID than the vaccinated, but isn't concerned about that.

But he and his kind are the principal reservoir of mutating viruses. New variants are cooked up in those harboring reproducing virus. The unvaccinated are its principal reservoir. Studies show that they are much more likely to be harboring and reproducing the virus at any given time. They carry and excrete higher viral loads longer.

The vaccinated are doing well medically for now, staying out of ERs and ICUs much more than the unvaccinated. The price the vaccinated pay is enduring more lockdown longer. And there is the risk of somebody with the infection spawning a godzillavirus that breaks through existing vaccines and has a high lethality rate - a risk to everybody.

So, the vaccinated, though much better protected than the unvaccinated, still have an interest in this pandemic simmering down, which would occur more quickly if everyone would do their part.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It's also a tool of power and control over people and quite a moneymaker to keep this thing going on forever.
What paranoid nonsense. How is it a "tool for power and control"? Control to what end? What purpose is served by it, other than reducing death and disease?

Altfish

Veteran Member
If you have the vaccine and the booster, why does your protection depend on and rely on if John has the vaccine?
If you are vaccinated and protected but John isn't, isn't John the one who should be worried?
I may catch Covid from John, but the chances of me being hospitalised or dying are greatly reduced.
I know quite a few people who have Covid at the moment, but I know no one who is particularly ill with it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What paranoid nonsense. How is it a "tool for power and control"? Control to what end? What purpose is served by it, other than reducing death and disease?
Sure it is Mr Denial.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/04/03/how-authoritarians-are-exploiting-covid-19-crisis-grab-power

As the pandemic raged, at least 75 lawmakers bought and sold stock in companies that make COVID-19 vaccines, treatments, and tests

Still want to call it paranoid?

I dare you to say it's untrue Mr. Denial.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's also a tool of power and control over people and quite a moneymaker to keep this thing going on forever.
How can you believe this when the question is a very basic question of all vaccines. Even before this I do believe anti-vaxxers should be held criminally liable for the risks they pose to others, such as those who legitimately cannot be vaccinated and children who needlessly suffer with nasty but easily prevented diseases because the parents believe in bs fairytales about vaccines.
And like it or not the unvaccinated are dragging this on. If they'd act with a shred of social responsibility we'd be through this. Just as how vaccines made many diseases a thing of the past until anti-vax arselings let them make a comeback.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Since the number of unvaccinated people vastly outnumber the vaccinated in ICU's here in the States, all should be concerned about John, or anyone else for that matter. Masks do help in reducing transmission, so my wife & I wear them in gatherings whereas we don't know the people personally.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It's untrue in any of the Western democracies, that is 100% for sure. Quoting China and Turkey is hardly evidence of a "control" play in the USA in Western Europe. Show me some how it is being used for nefarious purposes in these countries and I may take you seriously. Mr. Paranoia:p

As for making money, sure the vaccine companies will make a profit from the vaccines. Why shouldn't they, assuming you believe in market economics? It is astonishingly stupid, however, to think that the drive to vaccinate the population is driven by a few lawmakers wanting to boost the stock price. Millions of people have died of this disease. Millions. And the advice to vaccinate is not coming from some lobby group on Capitol Hill but from medical professionals worldwide.

Some of us actually have friends and relations who work in hospitals. We are in a position to tell you, from their experience, how important vaccination is. They are exhausted.

Twilight Hue

It's untrue in any of the Western democracies, that is 100% for sure. Quoting China and Turkey is hardly evidence of a "control" play in the USA in Western Europe. Show me some how it is being used for nefarious purposes in these countries and I may take you seriously. Mr. Paranoia:p

As for making money, sure the vaccine companies will make a profit from the vaccines. Why shouldn't they, assuming you believe in market economics? It is astonishingly stupid, however, to think that the drive to vaccinate the population is driven by a few lawmakers wanting to boost the stock price. Millions of people have died of this disease. Millions. And the advice to vaccinate is not coming from some lobby group on Capitol Hill but from medical professionals worldwide.

Some of us actually have friends and relations who work in hospitals. We are in a position to tell you, from their experience, how important vaccination is. They are exhausted.

On the American front you are wrong about the quest to expand political power and control using covid as a tool to acquiesce that power and control.

Presidential Powers and Response to COVID-19

This tactic on the home front goes way back to 2014 even before the pandemic.

The U.S. Government Is Using Fear to Consolidate Power and It's Working

This is used by both parties mind you and using fear as a tool of exploitation and control of others is nothing new.

Covid is just another nail in the coffin of freedom.

You mentioned medical professionals, even bolding that particular identifier, but you strongly or not so strongly, omit many medical professionals with opposite views who are just as credentialed and educated as their counterparts.

More Doctors Speak Out AGAINST Face Masks – If No Health Benefit, What is the Real Reason They are Mandated? - Vaccine Impact

https://www.primarydoctor.org/masks-not-effect

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
That is a site advertising "naturopathic medicine".

Naturopathy - Wikipedia

Naturopathy, or naturopathic medicine, is a form of alternative medicine.[1] It employs an array of pseudoscientific practices branded as "natural", "non-invasive", or promoting "self-healing". The practices of naturopaths, the practitioners of naturopathic medicine, vary widely and are difficult to generalize. Treatments range from outright quackery, like homeopathy, to widely accepted practices like psychotherapy.[2][3][4] The ideology and methods of naturopathy are based on vitalism and folk medicine rather than evidence-based medicine (EBM), although some practitioners may use techniques supported by EBM.[5][6][7] Naturopathic practitioners commonly recommend against following modern medical practices, including but not limited to medical testing, drugs, vaccinations, and surgery.[8][9][10][11] Instead, naturopathic practice relies on unscientific notions, often leading naturopaths to diagnoses and treatments that have no factual merit.[12][13]

The person cited is an "NMD", a "Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine", i.e. not a real doctor but a literal quack.

NMD & ND Titles | Understanding Naturopathic Medicine & Physicians

So are you opposed to evidence based medicine in general, or only when it is connected to personally inconvenient mandates such as wearing masks or getting vaccinated against a potentially deadly disease?

Twilight Hue

How can you believe this when the question is a very basic question of all vaccines. Even before this I do believe anti-vaxxers should be held criminally liable for the risks they pose to others, such as those who legitimately cannot be vaccinated and children who needlessly suffer with nasty but easily prevented diseases because the parents believe in bs fairytales about vaccines.
And like it or not the unvaccinated are dragging this on. If they'd act with a shred of social responsibility we'd be through this. Just as how vaccines made many diseases a thing of the past until anti-vax arselings let them make a comeback.
I would say the sheer devastation and destruction the powers of be have levied in the name of health and safety on people speaks volumes in its own right.

The number of small businesses destroyed by COVID lockdowns will astound you

Including the authoritarian measures you propose yourself. Might as well wear an additional mask as an armband like a good health and safety nazi. You sure seem to support that well enough.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Including the authoritarian measures you propose yourself. Might as well wear an additional mask as an armband like a good health and safety nazi. You sure seem to support that well enough.
Of course, being made to wear a mask is literally just like Holocaust. Hitler murdered 10 million Jews by vaccinating them and making them put on masks to protect them against an extremely virulent and deadly disease.

You are exactly like a Jew being transported to Auschwitz by the SS.
Joe Biden wants to murder you in a death camp and then use your skin for a new lamp.

This is a very reasonable fear based entirely in known facts.