• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The UK is not as bad as Venezuela

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Fair enough.

Let's face it, everything is in the mix right now.

Tell you what, all it would need, about 6 months before any general election, would be for some young up-and-coming bright popular moderate-labour minister to rise up through the ranks, and somehow win the party vote, and the lanslide would engulf all.

Maybe even folks like yourself might warm to a moderate labour minister? After all, it did happen with Blair, although his mistakes sent him into the political desert, imo.

Blair lied,unforgivable Imo,a moderate labour mp,there are some,look how many left when Corbyn got in,they sheepishly came back though.

The problem we have is its a two party system,lack of choice,the liberals are unelectable,the greens?,they are weak and labour and the corbynistas are far left and I wouldn't vote for them because of that reason.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Call this happiness?

Sharia in Denmark

The hype of a right wing, islamophobic mouth piece, often criticised for inaccurate publishing to the extent that its considered scrutiny by several security services is supposed to impress me?

If that's where's you get your bull from, it is little wonder the uk is going down the toilet

ChristineM

Premium Member
Unfortunately its not just about Corbyn,its much deeper than that,the far left have got their hooks into labour and I feel equal distrust of those too.

The Norway Denmark model may seem attractive but not as attractive as being out of the EU.

Fyi, labour was a far left organisation, taken over by the Blairite centre right.

It seems far more attractive than the economic ruin the uk is facing

DavidFirth

aabfbe26c491cafd39ed6b06265d5c6c--scottish-sayings-outlander-quotes.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
Big brother!!,I never saw you as a conspiracy theorist,anyway no.

Investigatory Powers Act 2016 or more commonly known as the snoopers charter. What, never heard of it or simply agreeing with the hype?

So you don't consider the collapse of the NHS, creeping big brother, 20+% fall in the pounds value, slowing economy to not be problems?

ChristineM

Premium Member
You may have deserted your country but there are very many desperate to get into the UK so it can’t be as bad as you paint it.

At least it's currently not being bombed by British supplied bombs, something i suppose.

Also note that while refugees seek the shelter of the collapsing British system, big business and banking institutions are leaving in droves.

And i have not deserted my country, i employ people in Britain, i pay tax in Britain, i add to the British economy, i simply live in another country because its a better choice than the oppressive standards you luxuriate in

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Blair lied,unforgivable Imo,a moderate labour mp,there are some,look how many left when Corbyn got in,they sheepishly came back though.

The problem we have is its a two party system,lack of choice,the liberals are unelectable,the greens?,they are weak and labour and the corbynistas are far left and I wouldn't vote for them because of that reason.

I don't know of any country that has a multitude of parties except Israel.

Israel always runs as a coalition government because of this, and a large party will approach the tiny ones, offering concessions for their support. Thus tiny parties such as the pensioners knitting group (whatever) can be heard!

But our whole party system is a mess at present.
Do you think that Boris could win the Tory leadership?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Investigatory Powers Act 2016 or more commonly known as the snoopers charter. What, never heard of it or simply agreeing with the hype?

So you don't consider the collapse of the NHS, creeping big brother, 20+% fall in the pounds value, slowing economy to not be problems?

Well its not your as you don't live here,the NHS has been on the verge for years under all governments.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't know of any country that has a multitude of parties except Israel.

Israel always runs as a coalition government because of this, and a large party will approach the tiny ones, offering concessions for their support. Thus tiny parties such as the pensioners knitting group (whatever) can be heard!

But our whole party system is a mess at present.
Do you think that Boris could win the Tory leadership?

I think he could,I think he could have won if he ran when may was elected.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well its not your as you don't live here,the NHS has been on the verge for years under all governments.

Actually im very glad i don't live there, my husband has cancer and doesn't have to wait until he's dead to get a bed.

Speak to a doctor, any NHS doctor. speak to a nurse, any NHS nurse, speak to a patient, any patient to find out how the decline has accelerated rapidly since may took office

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Actually im very glad i don't live there, my husband has cancer and doesn't have to wait until he's dead to get a bed.

Speak to a doctor, any NHS doctor. speak to a nurse, any NHS nurse, speak to a patient, any patient to find out how the decline has accelerated rapidly since may took office

Its like a BBC catering van,its only meant to feed a cast of 20,there's many factors as to why its in a bad shape.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Its like a BBC catering van,its only meant to feed a cast of 20,there's many factors as to why its in a bad shape.

Yes, lack of funding.

And no, its not like a bbc catering van, its paid for (or supposed to be) by NI taken at source from every employed person.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I think he could,I think he could have won if he ran when may was elected.

Yep.
I quite liked his Thames Estuary Airport proposal.
The Thames Estuary, London Array (massive), Galloper and Herne Bay 'windmill' projects are so vast that an estuary airport project does not look so impossible to me.

Look at how frozen out Churchill was, until he was needed so desperately. I think Boris could be a great leader. That might surprise you, given my recent posts, but I look at people not parties.