• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The UK is not as bad as Venezuela

Flame

Beware
:rolleyes:

Personally I would of liked to see our Lord Buckethead win.

DB2Se15XUAURJDI.jpg

Yerda

Veteran Member
From wiki:

The economy of Venezuela is largely based on the petroleum sector and manufacturing.[17] Revenue from petroleum exports accounts for more than 50% of the country's GDP and roughly 95% of total exports. Venezuela is the sixth largest member of OPEC by oil production. From the 1950s to the early 1980s the Venezuelan economy experienced a steady growth that attracted many immigrants, with the nation enjoying the highest standard of living in Latin America. During the collapse of oil prices in the 1980s the economy contracted, the monetary sign commenced a progressive devaluation, and inflation skyrocketed to reach peaks of 84% in 1989 and 99% in 1996, three years prior to Hugo Chávez taking office.

From wiki:

The service sector dominates the UK economy, contributing around 80% of GDP;[30] the financial services industry is particularly important, and London is the world's largest financial centre.[31] Britain's aerospace industry is the second-largest national aerospace industry.[32] Its pharmaceutical industry, the tenth-largest in the world,[33] plays an important role in the economy. Of the world's 500 largest companies, 26 are headquartered in the UK

So Corbyn's plan is to turn the UK into petro-economy where GDP collapses with the price of oil?

I must have missed that part in the Labour manifesto .

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It seems the UK had a close shave at the last election.

Britain under Corbyn? Just look at Venezuela | The Spectator

It's a great pity that Labour missed the top slot.
Mr Corbyn was not given any chance at all by almost all of the 'experts', so it seems that our 'experts' are really just highly paid tyros?

I like him, and I do wonder about all the wonderful things that we could do with the money, materials and man hours spent on that new carrier, and that submarine. Both vessels should have been named after similar military wonders such as Hood, or Repulse. Imo.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Is being a fan of Venezuela worse than cosying up to Saudi Arabia...Turkey maybe...even Trump's America?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Is being a fan of Venezuela worse than cosying up to Saudi Arabia...Turkey maybe...even Trump's America?

Has the conservative party hailed Saudi Arabia or Turkey as shining examples of what Britain could become?

It is more likely that the Labour party would do that.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Has the conservative party hailed Saudi Arabia or Turkey as shining examples of what Britain could become?

Do you really believe that?
This is typical Tory spin because they are in chaos over Europe (as usual) and it is a "look over there" tactic.
Try concentrating on the shambles that is Brexit and stop trying to through dirt at the opposition leader.

btw I'm no Corbyn fan; but he is a lot better than May, Johnson, Davis, Gove, etc. - all who are proving themselves to be incompetent.

Notanumber

A Free Man
It's a great pity that Labour missed the top slot.
Mr Corbyn was not given any chance at all by almost all of the 'experts', so it seems that our 'experts' are really just highly paid tyros?

I like him, and I do wonder about all the wonderful things that we could do with the money, materials and man hours spent on that new carrier, and that submarine. Both vessels should have been named after similar military wonders such as Hood, or Repulse. Imo.

He only came as close to winning the election as he did by fooling the gullible students with his wild rhetoric.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
When Labour left office last time they left a note saying something like, there is no money left. If Corbyn’s Labour had won the last election there would be no country left.

Labour may not have been fiscally conservative but don't act as though the Tories have been. Under Cameron & Osborne the Tories engaged in more public borrowing in five years than Labour did in fifteen. They've more than doubled the national debt to £1.8tn and that pledge by the Tories to eliminate the national deficit keeps getting pushed back again & again.

This a balanced view

No it's not. If it were you'd recognise that the Tories have been more fiscally disastrous for the UK economy than Labour were. But I've never seen you admit that. If you have and I'm mistaken then please point it out.

No, the Tories have done something much worse - they're actually arming & funding the Saudi terrorist regime who have been identified as the biggest funder of foreign terrorism on British soil.

I wonder what the sources are for their claims. Let's see...

From the link said:
It can be disclosed that for seven years running, while the IRA “armed struggle” was at its height, Mr Corbyn attended and spoke at official republican commemorations to honour dead IRA terrorists, IRA “prisoners of war” and the active “soldiers of the IRA.”

According to an authoritative parliamentary reference work, Mr Corbyn was general secretary of the editorial board.

It can also be revealed that in 2004 Mr McDonnell, now Labour’s shadow chancellor, was given a special award by Sinn Fein and another IRA-supporting body for the “unfailing political and personal support he has given to the republican community in the Six Counties over many years.”
John McDonnell is presented with a Hunger Strike commemorative plaque by Gerry Kelly

Revealed from where? What authoritative parliamentary reference work are they citing? The Telegraph can say literally anything and claim it came from 'authoritative parliamentary sources' if it doesn't actually name their sources.

The award was presented to him at a Sinn Fein fundraising dinner by Gerry Kelly, the IRA terrorist who bombed the Old Bailey, killing one and injuring almost 200.

Okay, for the sake of clarity, do you agree that this also makes Thatcher a traitor because she negotiated (i.e. legitimised) with the IRA? Are the Tories under Cameron & May traitors because they're financing & arming the biggest source of Islamic terrorism in the UK (Saudi Arabia)? Was the Thatcher administration a bunch of traitors because they supported loyalist terrorist groups? Is Theresa May a traitor because she bribed a Unionist party supported by the Ulster Defence Association - a proscribed terrorist group?