• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The types of rape

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Murder typically does not refer to a concrete material act, rather refers to killing which is deemed unjust.

I'm not willing to take an absolutist position on murder or torture, whilst I find them highly distasteful in the vast majority of circumstances.
"Murder" seems pretty concrete to me, as much so as other crimes.
And it speaks more specifically to the consequences.

sooda

Veteran Member
When I was young, just yonks ago, if one got raped, mostly the victim was blamed. Perhaps most common is where a male forces himself on a female. I wonder if a male being raped was so "repulsive and undignified" as to be "That which is not spoken of"?

I have my own opinion on the matter, and have formed them based upon my own experience.

So, what is it about rape that makes it so heinous? Is it more damaging than being just beat up?

Very often the consequence of male/female rape is pregnancy. In a great deal of the world, especially the Islamic one, the woman is expected to marry her rapist, and bear his child. At present, in much of the "first" world, women can get an abortion if she wishes,

Muslim women also get abortions and rape is a death penalty crime in some Muslim countries. They do have rape kits and hospitals, you know.