• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The two or three witness rule of Jehovah's Witnesses

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I am speaking the truth as to how it is.

You are speaking what you do not know. You most certainly do not know anything about the Witnesses and if you have ever even visited them for a while you never had the heart to learn much about them, even if you think you did.
Aha! Wrong. I was one for twenty years and now I am grinding axes.......no..........telling the truth. I HATE propaganda and so should you imho.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Propaganda is a part of The World which if you are a real Jehovah's Witness you know you are NOT supposed to be a part of it.

This is what it IS. IS, OK?

An elder , a ministerial servant or a lowly publisher (someone going door to door) get accused of child molestation. But what about his reputation? The society guards it. By doing so, they are ACTUALLY accusing the accuser of lying or making something up to cause dissension which IS a sin.

By the Watchtower Society's method, the lesser important person (the child and his parents) gets censored but the possible evildoer gets shelter.
The society does not even guard the reputation of member of the governing body in that way as you are claiming, let alone congregation elders.

The governing body has ousted ones even from among them for less.

You have your mind set upon how you want it to be and for that reason, to you that is how it is.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The society does not even guard the reputation of member of the governing body in that way as you are claiming, let alone congregation elders.

You have your mind set upon how you want it to be and for that reason, to you that is how it is.
So....are you saying that Candace Conti is a liar?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Are you aware of the man who was ousted for eating a meal with a disfellowshipped man?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, then just know that I love you.

Beyond that all I can do is give it to God to handle.
If God DOES handle it it will be proof of God
If God does not handle it it will be either proof there is no Jehovah God OR that Jehovah God doesn't give a [four star]

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes there have been such articles and for the reason that Jude plainly warned such men do creep in while the many are unaware of their presence.

You have an unreasonable concept of what Jehovah's Witnesses teach, one which seems clearly to be tailored to your own goal of picking for fault.
I am aware that the job of all Jehovah's Witnesses is to pick out fault so that they and the people who listen to them and pick out fault like them will not be destroyed at Armageddon.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, it is not right to accuse a man of a crime but it is right to accuse a child of lying.
Because it is a shame when a man who might be innocent gets accused of rape, but it is right that the child accusing him be accused of lying.

averageJOE

zombie
The elder in the first video supported what I said that they do report it to the authorities when the situation warrants it.

The prosecutor was unfairly trying to lead with a biased opinion and I think that elder did well despite the poor manner in which that prosecutor was handling his job. But you are choosing to play into the prosecutor's bias and that is your choice to make.

In so far as video two is concerned such news is easy to create and while there may be some truth to it we cannot know for certain how much.

But I can tell you first hand that the way it seems you would prefer it to be is not how it is. The News Media has always been a popular political propaganda tool so believe what you will.

There are a great many ousted witnesses who would at the drop of a coin be willing to make false accusations. That is to be expected. Some are ex-Catholics who are yet resentful of the Society's publicizing the problem in the Catholic church. And again that is to be expected.

But you are quite welcome to judge it your desired way. The scriptures would have lied if there did not come to be many who would do that.
Typical, but more importantly, predictable response. Pretending and willing to keep your head in the sand.

1006 unreported sexual abuse claims over the past 60 years. Zero reported to the police. Why? Because a group of untrained men who feel It's more important to protect the image of themselves, their congregations, and the Watchtower didn't think it was "warranted".

Go ahead. Try to defend and make excuses for pedophiles.

Typical, but more importantly, predictable response. Pretending and willing to keep your head in the sand.

1006 unreported sexual abuse claims over the past 60 years. Zero reported to the police. Why? Because a group of untrained men who feel It's more important to protect the image of themselves, their congregations, and the Watchtower didn't think it was "warranted".

Go ahead. Try to defend and make excuses for pedophiles.
That is not at all nice of you to outright say that I make excuses for pedophiles.

You should be ashamed of yourself for speaking of me that way. Not one word I said has been in defense of pedophiles.

I was molested as a child and know first hand what it is like. It was not Jehovah's Witnesses that did it to me but that makes no difference. To my mind a pedophile is a pedophile and they are so far without excuse that I cannot imagine them being salvageable.

You can be glad you are not standing face to face with me telling me that I make excuses for pedophiles. That is one of my weak spots, having been molested myself, and I just might have threw a punch at you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have detected another problem regarding the way the Jehovah's Witnesses handle situations involving allegations of child abuse. The society's first response is non-belief. A difficult process of examination usually ensues and the accuser gets put on the spot. The accused also gets examined and sometimes confesses. After he confesses he gets censured for a while. If he shows remorse and seeks reinstatement he gets it. I do not know that there was ever a case where the guilty one was not believed, forgiven and given back his privileges.

Do you see that when the child testifies he or she is not believed but when the guilty one testifies his remorse he is believed?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is not at all nice of you to outright say that I make excuses for pedophiles.

You should be ashamed of yourself for speaking of me that way. Not one word I said has been in defense of pedophiles.

I was molested as a child and know first hand what it is like. It was not Jehovah's Witnesses that did it to me but that makes no difference. To my mind a pedophile is a pedophile and they are so far without excuse that I cannot imagine them being salvageable.

You can be glad you are not standing face to face with me telling me that I make excuses for pedophiles. That is one of my weak spots, having been molested myself, and I just might have threw a punch at you.
I think you are calling talk about pedophiles in the congregation propaganda. That means they do not exist as pedophiles. Saying someone's sin does not exist is making an excuse for it. It isn't real is an EXCUSE.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For the most part, pedophiles are set free in the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses say, "THAT'S NOT TRUE! To say so is propaganda and a false accusation".

That is what we actually hear from Jehovah's Witnesses.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Regarding accusations of assault in the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, it is not fine to accuse a fellow Christian of assault but it is fine to accuse a fellow Christian of lying.

Whenever a child opens up about something bad that happened to him or her the Watchtower reaction is disbelief. The child is making it up or lying as making up things is called. The child gets accused of lying. There is no proof and elders are not allowed to take a child at his word.

Lying is a shame and a sin. But it is righteous in front of Jehovah to assume it.

It is NOT righteous in front of Jehovah to assume child abuse. I think that according to most people child abuse is a much bigger shame and a more serious sin than lying is. Abuse can't be believed, but lying can be believed.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Jehovah's Witnesses adding to God's word the Bible again.
The Bible rule is two or more witnesses to decide a matter. The JW rule is two credible witnesses to decide a matter.

See 1:03:07 1:03:37

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If a person gets away with committing a crime and keeps his or her privileges in the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses what does that say about the claim that the organization is a spiritual paradise being guided and ruled by Jesus Christ for God's glory?

Mountain_Climber

If a person gets away with committing a crime and keeps his or her privileges in the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses what does that say about the claim that the organization is a spiritual paradise being guided and ruled by Jesus Christ for God's glory?
Are you that lady in purple at the last of that video, harping on something that took place way back in 1991 before laws were even passed regarding reporting such issues?

Back then you would have thought it was up to the mother to do so, too.

That is unless you think you are a god that knows all and sees all.