• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The two or three witness rule of Jehovah's Witnesses

Opps!!!

That is the last he will be posting to you. :)
Are you that lady in purple at the last of that video, harping on something that took place way back in 1991 before laws were even passed regarding reporting such issues?

Back then you would have thought it was up to the mother to do so, too.

That is unless you think you are a god that knows all and sees all.
Yes, you know me, don't you. :)

What we must remember is that what we are seeing is in fulfillment of the scripture which speaks of nothing hidden remaining hidden and there at 2 Peter 3 where it speaks of the earth and it's elements becoming hot like the refinery's melting pot so that the contents can be separated and the quality metals of the earth become clearly distinguished away from the impurities so that those precious metals become finally fully usable in God's hand. That has to happen right here at the end as those precious metals that become separated to God will form the nucleus of the new heavens and the new earth shortly to come.

I have to get off here and go to bed but look forward to continuing with you later.

This will make our personal debates much easier to have. :)

Mountain_Climber

What we must remember is that what we are seeing is in fulfillment of the scripture which speaks of nothing hidden remaining hidden and there at 2 Peter 3 where it speaks of the earth and it's elements becoming hot like the refinery's melting pot so that the contents can be separated and the quality metals of the earth become clearly distinguished away from the impurities so that those precious metals become finally fully usable in God's hand. That has to happen right here at the end as those precious metals that become separated to God will form the nucleus of the new heavens and the new earth shortly to come.

I have to get off here and go to bed but look forward to continuing with you later.

I like that explanation, very much.

Cool, I agree, and so until later, May the angels of God watch over you and and all who love Him. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you that lady in purple at the last of that video, harping on something that took place way back in 1991 before laws were even passed regarding reporting such issues?

I am sorry. I can't make sense of it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I am not talking about reporting or not reporting child abuse in the congregation. (I wonder why you would think so? Is it because you do not know how to listen? Luke 8:18) I am talking about the fact that the congregation grants privileges to men who have had an accusation against them. I think by now the World knows that pedophilia is some kind of genetic disease similar to alcoholism. Do you see that elders have believed a man without a second witness when he says, "I won't do it again!", but they do not believe a child without a second witness who says,"He did this to me!". And they call that the Holy Spirit directed organization.

averageJOE

zombie
That is not at all nice of you to outright say that I make excuses for pedophiles.

You should be ashamed of yourself for speaking of me that way. Not one word I said has been in defense of pedophiles.

I was molested as a child and know first hand what it is like. It was not Jehovah's Witnesses that did it to me but that makes no difference. To my mind a pedophile is a pedophile and they are so far without excuse that I cannot imagine them being salvageable.

You can be glad you are not standing face to face with me telling me that I make excuses for pedophiles. That is one of my weak spots, having been molested myself, and I just might have threw a punch at you.
So then are you going to accept the fact that the Watchtower knowingly provided shelter for thousands of pedophiles? That the decisions not to report to police was made by your Governing Body, who were thousands of miles away? How do you feel knowing that the money you place in those contribution boxes is being used to pay for the legal defense of these pedophiles, and being used to pay out the victims who sued?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

If the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's Holy Spirit directed organization then we must believe that it is no longer true that there is a severe punishment for causing the stumbling of little ones putting faith in Jehovah. Matthew 18:6 Mark 9:42 Luke 17:2 Because God allows privileges to men who lust after children. Leviticus 21:18 If the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses isn't God's Holy Spirit directed that makes all Jehovah's Witnesses liars. Revelation 21:8 Titus 1:16

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You do understand, or don't you? that a man of privilege in an organization that is directed by God's Holy Spirit and led by Jesus Christ should be respected and trusted. It is a privilege to serve for furthering Kingdom interests on Earth. Is it not? Tell us how men who lust after children are assigned in the field service and even assigned positions of honour in the congregations, please.

Mountain_Climber

So then are you going to accept the fact that the Watchtower knowingly provided shelter for thousands of pedophiles? That the decisions not to report to police was made by your Governing Body, who were thousands of miles away? How do you feel knowing that the money you place in those contribution boxes is being used to pay for the legal defense of these pedophiles, and being used to pay out the victims who sued?
I don't accept that either.

I don't believe anyone but those with hidden agendas of an axe to grind do. And IMHO such ones are gone insane away from sound reasoning by virtue of their real foundation of bitterness.

I watched that full case there in Australia and found it to be a kangaroo court, It was in the right country for that. But IMHO it seems clear there is a religious agenda behind that unwarranted attack.

The ones behind it are signing the death warrant for all religion at the hands of the governments who will use this spreading appearance of weakness to the holy spirit to be emboldened to take away all tax exemption status from the churches.

That will then lead to change in all voluntary contribution based entities, even on the web, so that nothing will any longer be free.

Mark well what I have told you.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Q. Is the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses God's Spirit directed organization?
A. We believe it is.
Q. How are men who lust after children assigned positions of authority in it?
A. We do not know that there are men in positions of authority who lust after children. It is Satan who says there are.
Q. Do you know that the legal department of the Watchtower have settled out of court with some families of children who say abuse happened to them?
A. We do not know that is true. It might be another of Satan's lies.
Q. Do you mean that the information is hidden from most Jehovah's Witnesses?
A. Silence.
Q. Why must rank and file members confess their sins but the organization as a whole does not?
A. That is Satan again.
Q. Am I Satan?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't accept that either.

I don't believe anyone but those with hidden agendas of an axe to grind do. And IMHO such ones are gone insane away from sound reasoning by virtue of their real foundation of bitterness.
Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. Why not address the actual questions?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's funny in a really sad way or sad in a funny way that Jehovah's Witnesses who profess to know the Bible better than anyone use the ax to grind analogy as an insult against anyone finding fault with the JW organization. Are we not suppose to be imitating Jesus? Matthew 3:10

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Daniel 4:14
He called in a loud voice: 'Cut down the tree and trim off its branches; strip off its leaves and scatter its fruit. Let the animals flee from under it and the birds from its branches.
Matthew 7:19
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Luke 3:9
The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire."
Luke 13:7
So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, 'For three years now I've been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?'
John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

Mountain_Climber

It's funny in a really sad way or sad in a funny way that Jehovah's Witnesses who profess to know the Bible better than anyone use the ax to grind analogy as an insult against anyone finding fault with the JW organization. Are we not suppose to be imitating Jesus? Matthew 3:10
Even if what you say is true, it will not change the outcome of the ill course which is being set up by this process that is being used to deal with it.

Mountain_Climber

Daniel 4:14
He called in a loud voice: 'Cut down the tree and trim off its branches; strip off its leaves and scatter its fruit. Let the animals flee from under it and the birds from its branches.
Matthew 7:19
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Luke 3:9
The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire."
Luke 13:7
So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, 'For three years now I've been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?'
John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
And you will soon see that happen to all of the visible Churches.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jehovah's Witnesses why not tell us why fault finding is fine when Jehovah's Witnesses do it but not so if non-Jehovah's Witnesses do it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think we want to see a governing body confession.

Why shouldn't the governing body confess that much money is going out to pay for this problem?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Confess your sins that season of refreshing may come to you. Acts of the Apostles 3:19 Why does this not apply to a group of people? Jeremiah 36:3
Jeremiah 36:3
Perhaps when the people of Judah hear about every disaster I plan to inflict on them, they will each turn from their wicked ways; then I will forgive their wickedness and their sin.
Acts 26:20
First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.
Hebrews 4:1
Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.