• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The two or three witness rule of Jehovah's Witnesses

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Jehovah's Witnesses pattern themselves after the early Christian congregation. To the congregations Paul wrote "This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.". And of course he was Jewish and he knew this; Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

They use what the Bible says about two witnesses to set free members who are accused of child sexual abuse.

But there is a second witness. Every matter in the Christian congregation should be settle with prayer. "Where two or more are gathered in my name" says Jesus "I am there". Do the Jehovah's Witnesses think that Jesus does not know whenever a child is abused?

Matthew 10:29 Two sparrows sell for a coin of small value, do they not? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s knowledge.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The JWs are taught that how they treat the faithful and discreet slave will determine their blessings from God. To be disagreeing with the governing body who, are they that say they, are the faithful and discreet slave (as I suppose they do not know what discreet means) is considered by most JWs as treating them badly. Also I think most JWs do not know the two witness rule applies to innocent children. When I was a JW I did not know that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Jehovah's Witnesses pattern themselves after the early Christian congregation. To the congregations Paul wrote "This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.". And of course he was Jewish and he knew this; Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

They use what the Bible says about two witnesses to set free members who are accused of child sexual abuse.

But there is a second witness. Every matter in the Christian congregation should be settle with prayer. "Where two or more are gathered in my name" says Jesus "I am there". Do the Jehovah's Witnesses think that Jesus does not know whenever a child is abused?

Matthew 10:29 Two sparrows sell for a coin of small value, do they not? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s knowledge.

I believe Jesus is witness enough but it is a good idea to test every spirit.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Twenty years ago I put my husband in distress when I became a Jehovah's Witness. he tried to stop me. He was not nice but he is considered by most people a good man. I think he is a good man. He told me they had prophesied falsely about 1975 so I asked a felollw JW if it was true. She said no, it was not true. For years I was in the dark about the faithful and discreet slave of Matthew 24:45.

If he had known about the two witness rule of the JWs and told me I might never have been baptized as one. At least I hope I would have been reasonable. I do not know.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To understand the two witness rule as it applies to the accusations of children is to be putting the written law ahead of reasonableness.

This is how it works: A child has the courage to admit an older person treated her wrongly. An accusation is brought up against the perpetrator to the elders in a congregation. The elders talk to the accused. The accused denies any wrong doing. The case is dropped. The reason why is the elders do not have enough evidence to act. If the accused does it again to another child, then there is enough evidence to go forward with it.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is OK for 6 million people to be out of control but shame on me for being out of control.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I need to find someone else to be out of control with. Then I will be OK.

When would you like to talk about it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Reading but not commenting on the topic proves to me you agree with the two witness rule. Do you want to share?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe it's reading comprehension that is lacking. Here it is again:

A parent goes to the brothers in charge saying "my daughter was touched inappropriately by that elder brother in good standing". He is questioned but he denies wrongdoing. The brothers go back to the parent and say "we are sorry. We can't do anything. There aren't enough witnesses".

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But Jesus is running the show. They don't ask him. Why? Because Jesus is for only the governing body.....and nobody dares touch the governing body inappropriately.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They have a beef with false religion, which includes all of you who aren't JWs. Why do you not tell them to go see a doctor?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There have been cases where that happened and the brother in good standing went off to asault another child. And that is OK because?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can deal with the JWs. I understand them and they believe in what they do. JW apologists though? OMG!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will tell you why it is not OK to dismiss a pediophile because there aren't two witnesses.

If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Matthew 18:6