• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The truth that sets one free

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is it? I had an epiphany today of what it is.
Whenever I am asking a question in my mind about the nature of Y'Hushua Ha'Mashiyach and I am pondering a scripture I go (by the power of reason) or I am taken (by the power of The Holy Spirit) to another scripture. I call it twinning. I like to think of it as the Jacob and Esau phenomenon.

I was thinking of the realization that to be obeying something is to be a slave of it. People obey doctrine. They are slaves of doctrine.

Freedom is the opposite of slavery.

To be free by Y'Hushua Ha'Mashiyach means to be free to listen and believe what He is saying. Like a sheep would a shepherd. To shed the chains of doctrine is to be free to realize the truth that is being thrown down to the Earth. It is not about works of the flesh. It is about performance of the mind. It is the truth that sets the mind free to believe.

Daniel 8:12 And the host is given up, with the continual sacrifice, through transgression, and it throws down truth to the earth, and it has worked, and prospered.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Only God has absolute freedom. We are given relative freedom. Given 'legal freedom' to live and act to do what is right in God's eyes.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Only God has absolute freedom. We are given relative freedom. Given 'legal freedom' to live and act to do what is right in God's eyes.

Live Act Do

What about think?

Act and do are the same. And live is also similar. I'm taking about thinking and knowing.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. Matthew 15:9
The person becomes slave to "rules taught by men". The rules that do not lead to freedom are stumbling blocks in the way in the mind. In ones own mind. It is just one example of NOT knowing the truth. You have been taught that the stumbling blocks are created by others. The stumbling blocks are your own.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

How have you concluded the fact that God has absolute freedom?
God is love so God is not free to hate. God is not free to lie as it is written Hebrews 6:18 'God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.'
God is not free to change the two unchangeable things imo.
What do you mean by "God's absolute freedom" please?

Cultmember

Since Father Yahweh is not know to the Hebrews as a God why would anyone use a title that belongs to Satan to speak of the Creator of all things?

Okie

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Since Father Yahweh is not know to the Hebrews as a God why would anyone use a title that belongs to Satan to speak of the Creator of all things?

Okie

Thanks Okie for resurrecting the thread. I wrote it? No wonder no one frubals me anymore.

I think according to the scripture Genesis 35:11 Yahweh is called God by the Hebrews. And God said to him, "I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body".

Isaiah 26:13 O LORD, our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us, but your name alone do we honor

What is the meaning of your post please?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God is love so God is not free to hate. God is not free to lie as it is written Hebrews 6:18 'God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.'

Agree that God is Not free to lie, steal, cheat, etc.[Titus 1 v 2], But God, the Most High, has unlimited freedom or absolute freedom in the sense that No one can check or stay his hand.
- Daniel 4 vs 34, 35

We have the 'relative freedom' to work within the bounds of God's absolute freedom to determine what is best for us.

Onkara

Hi Savagewind
Why are you certain God is love and not free to hate?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi Savagewind
Why are you certain God is love and not free to hate?

I do not know of anyone that is not loved by YAHWEH and cannot imagine YAHWEH looking down on anyone contemptuously. There is something for everyone to do in accord with God's will. I believe it. Ecclesiastes 3 1-10 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. I might admit that I would not believe so if it were not for what I know about YAHWEH from what the prophets wrote and especially from what I have heard about God's son.

But can God hate? God wishes there was not some things I'm sure. Is that hate?

I have the confidence that God does not change. I read that in the Bible. If I had not read that I would assume that god's love CAN change to hate. But I want to believe what Malachi 3:6 says World English Bible
"For I, Yahweh, don't change; therefore you, sons of Jacob, are not consumed" The Bible does attribute hateful things to Yahweh. But those things are HIS because they are true not because they are orchestrated by Yahweh. Of that I am sure.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I do not know of anyone that is not loved by YAHWEH.....
But can God hate? God wishes there was not some things I'm sure. Is that hate?

I have the confidence that God does not change. I read that in the Bible. If I had not read that I would assume that god's love CAN change to hate. But I want to believe what Malachi 3:6 says World English Bible
"For I, Yahweh, don't change; therefore you, sons of Jacob, are not consumed" The Bible does attribute hateful things to Yahweh. But those things are HIS because they are true not because they are orchestrated by Yahweh. Of that I am sure.

Since you read the Bible, then you have read Romans 9 v 13, right ?______

What does Malachi 1 v 3 say ?_______

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can not comment on those scriptures because I don't know Hebrew or Greek. I cannot conclude they mean Yahweh hated. To me they might mean Esau hated, which we know he did. And Jacob loved Yahweh, which we know he did, if you believe the story. I do.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In English Romans 9 v 13 Just as it is written: "I loved Jacob, but Esau I hated"

In English Malachi 1 v 3 and Esau I have hated....

Hebrews 12 v 16 ....nor anyone not appreciating sacred things, like Esau....

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK The Bible was not written in English. Have you been to Biblos?

In me mind I'm trolling. By virtue of the reality of obedience to my Lord and savior I probably should apologize. I'm sorry. I don't know why i'm laughing.

What is it? I had an epiphany today of what it is.
Whenever I am asking a question in my mind about the nature of Y'Hushua Ha'Mashiyach and I am pondering a scripture I go (by the power of reason) or I am taken (by the power of The Holy Spirit) to another scripture. I call it twinning. I like to think of it as the Jacob and Esau phenomenon.

I was thinking of the realization that to be obeying something is to be a slave of it. People obey doctrine. They are slaves of doctrine.

Freedom is the opposite of slavery.

To be free by Y'Hushua Ha'Mashiyach means to be free to listen and believe what He is saying. Like a sheep would a shepherd. To shed the chains of doctrine is to be free to realize the truth that is being thrown down to the Earth. It is not about works of the flesh. It is about performance of the mind. It is the truth that sets the mind free to believe.

Daniel 8:12 And the host is given up, with the continual sacrifice, through transgression, and it throws down truth to the earth, and it has worked, and prospered.

Well, I'm not that holy, I don't use the King James Bible that much, and I don't try to transliterate a Hebrew name and botch the spelling of it to show how much I know, but I think thoughts like this, are why GOD gave some the gifts of leadership, teaching, disciples, etc.... and some have the more mundane and "GRUNT", do the works, sorta gifts.

I'm just glad I know where I belong. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I'm not that holy, I don't use the King James Bible that much, and I don't try to transliterate a Hebrew name and botch the spelling of it to show how much I know, but I think thoughts like this, are why GOD gave some the gifts of leadership, teaching, disciples, etc.... and some have the more mundane and "GRUNT", do the works, sorta gifts.

I'm just glad I know where I belong. :)

I am sure I like the name. I am sure I did not make it up myself. I just hope it's right. I heard it on a You Tube videao about research a Christian had done and I beleive it. Should I not believe it? The name is the same as Jesus Christ but more accurate imo. It is the same as Joshua Messiah. Why do people NOT call Jesus Joshua. Do you know?

I am sure I like the name. I am sure I did not make it up myself. I just hope it's right. I heard it on a You Tube videao about research a Christian had done and I beleive it. Should I not believe it? The name is the same as Jesus Christ but more accurate imo. It is the same as Joshua Messiah. Why do people NOT call Jesus Joshua. Do you know?

because JESUS is transliterated from the Greek. Why do they call him GEE ZUS and not HAY Zoos?

Because different' languages have different accents and pronunciations. Does it change the name? Heck no.

I think the risk is people think by saying it in some convoluted, non English way that they feel they are doing some obeisance to Him, and that they SHOULD DO it and that it's more righteous to do it.

I think when little things like that become important, it's the same sorta issue that Paul described in Col 2.

It's like the folks that tell me I'm not a Christian because I don't use King Jim's Bible.

You are in English language, GEE ZUS is no less appropriate than any of the misspellings of Jesus the Christ in other languages, AND is as appropriate as the proper spellings of the name in other languages too. Wouldn't you agree?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
because JESUS is transliterated from the Greek. Why do they call him GEE ZUS and not HAY Zoos?

Because different' languages have different accents and pronunciations. Does it change the name? Heck no.

I think the risk is people think by saying it in some convoluted, non English way that they feel they are doing some obeisance to Him, and that they SHOULD DO it and that it's more righteous to do it.

I think when little things like that become important, it's the same sorta issue that Paul described in Col 2.

It's like the folks that tell me I'm not a Christian because I don't use King Jim's Bible.

You are in English language, GEE ZUS is no less appropriate than any of the misspellings of Jesus the Christ in other languages, AND is as appropriate as the proper spellings of the name in other languages too. Wouldn't you agree?

I do agree. BUT some of us crazy folks imagine Jesus is our friend. We want to be a good friend to him. We do not think it is snobbish to call him the name his mother might have called him and the title that his faithful friends called him. Someone on another thread called me Andrew but my name was ndrew (which was a mistake from the beginning and I don't want to talk about it). I did not like being called Andrew. It is possible the living Christ does not like his Greek name. Isn't it? I understand it is superficial, just like you say, but he is a person. I define person as someone with likes and dislikes. Why call him a name he might not like?