• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The truth that sets one free

I do agree. BUT some of us crazy folks imagine Jesus is our friend. We want to be a good friend to him. We do not think it is snobbish to call him the name his mother might have called him and the title that his faithful friends called him. Someone on another thread called me Andrew but my name was ndrew (which was a mistake from the beginning and I don't want to talk about it). I did not like being called Andrew. It is possible the living Christ does not like his Greek name. Isn't it? I understand it is superficial, just like you say, but he is a person. I define person as someone with likes and dislikes. Why call him a name he might not like?

Ok, (I'm uncomfortable with us being able to talk, bear with me.... ) :confused:

I get what you say above. I don't have a problem with you and your action, EXCEPT that it might lead others to do it. (Which is really on them, not you.) And the HUGEST MAJORITY OF THE TIME, the people doing that, thinks it's separating them from the pack on the holiness scale. They'll posture, and word it fancy, anything to not be obvious, but if you dig down, that's what it is.

That's like the Col 2 arguing over which Sabbath is holier thing. It's a wrong path to be thinking down, in the sense I just named directly above this paragraph.

I will admit, I call Hay Zoos, Hay Zoos, and not Gee zus (jesus). But there is a reason.

In Kindergarten, I was the only one that could read names. I dunno why, but I could... Anyway, I get down to Hay Zoos, and I knew how to say his name. But I see JESUS, and I spout out, HEY you can't use the name JESUS, that's God's Son.

apparently Hay zoos had been ribbed over this before and jumped up and went ballistic on me. I had NO idea why. It was like walking outside your door and being struck by meteor in the head. I was BAM pummeled.

Now, if I think about it I will, if I don't I won't. But that's that.

How's that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ok, (I'm uncomfortable with us being able to talk, bear with me.... ) :confused:

I get what you say above. I don't have a problem with you and your action, EXCEPT that it might lead others to do it. (Which is really on them, not you.) And the HUGEST MAJORITY OF THE TIME, the people doing that, thinks it's separating them from the pack on the holiness scale. They'll posture, and word it fancy, anything to not be obvious, but if you dig down, that's what it is.

That's like the Col 2 arguing over which Sabbath is holier thing. It's a wrong path to be thinking down, in the sense I just named directly above this paragraph.

I will admit, I call Hay Zoos, Hay Zoos, and not Gee zus (jesus). But there is a reason.

In Kindergarten, I was the only one that could read names. I dunno why, but I could... Anyway, I get down to Hay Zoos, and I knew how to say his name. But I see JESUS, and I spout out, HEY you can't use the name JESUS, that's God's Son.

apparently Hay zoos had been ribbed over this before and jumped up and went ballistic on me. I had NO idea why. It was like walking outside your door and being struck by meteor in the head. I was BAM pummeled.

Now, if I think about it I will, if I don't I won't. But that's that.

How's that?

I love it! I like stories. But I don't know what you're talking about. I am sure I am not leading anyone. If indeed I am it seems I'll be the last to know.

I do have a question though. Why are you uncomfortable with us being able to talk?

I love it! I like stories. But I don't know what you're talking about. I am sure I am not leading anyone. If indeed I am it seems I'll be the last to know.

I do have a question though. Why are you uncomfortable with us being able to talk?

It was a joke because we started off in arrears.

I never said you were deliberately leading anyone anywhere. :(

I merely pointed out some people use those names, because it makes them "MORE XIAN" than those of us who just say GEE zus. While I didn't question why you do it and accepted it at face value with no challenge, I'm explaining why it tweaked me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It was a joke because we started off in arrears.

I never said you were deliberately leading anyone anywhere. :(

I merely pointed out some people use those names, because it makes them "MORE XIAN" than those of us who just say GEE zus. While I didn't question why you do it and accepted it at face value with no challenge, I'm explaining why it tweaked me.

"we started off in arrears". I do not know what you are trying to convey. The stuff we sarted with I shall honestly call lightweight. Haha

I have not yet found anyone else who calls it Xian or calls Jesus Gee zus. You are first as far as I know.

"we started off in arrears". I do not know what you are trying to convey. The stuff we sarted with I shall honestly call lightweight. Haha

I have not yet found anyone else who calls it Xian or calls Jesus Gee zus. You are first as far as I know.

I spelled Jesus phoenetically because saying Jesus vs Jesus when discussing the hispanic pronunciation of the name would not work at all.

And Xian???? Christ has been represented with an X since the martyrs. In fact they died for that X.

Ever see the bumper stickers? <>< <<<<---- fish?

Fish in Greek is IKTHYS

The Greek letters look like IXOYE Except the O has a - in the middle.

It's the story of Christ.

I is for his name. Iseous
X is for his title, CHI for Christ.
0 is theta for GOD.
Y is Upsilon for SON.
E is Sigma for Savior.

They would be able to make those signs, to know who was Xian or not. That way they wouldn't talk to someone who was going to throw them to the lions, literally.