• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trump voter's need for chaos

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
As it happens, there is now an overwhelming weight of scienttific evidence that the core Trump supporter is typically a racist and motivated by his or her racim to support Trump. That was not something I myself expected. I thought they were mostly people who had been economically disadvantaged by the policies of the elites on both sides of the aisle over the past 40 years. But I was wrong. It's racism, not economics, that drives the majority of Trump's core supporters. Pretty ugly people, really. "Deplorables", as Clinton quite accurately called them.

In reference to the OP, yeah, I can see why racists would want to sow chaos and undermine American democracy.

When Hillary said that, I knew *exactly* what she meant and it was clear she was right. The core Trump supporters are racist, sexist, homophobes that just want to tear down the system. And they are well on their way to accomplishing this goal.

My concern (from the linked article):
"The phrase “like to see the democratic system go down” is chilling — and raises the question: How worried should we be about a fundamental threat to democracy from the apparently large numbers of Americans who embrace chaos as a way of expressing their discontent? Might Trump and his loyal supporters seek to bring down the system if he is defeated in 2020? What about later, if the damage he has inflicted on our customs and norms festers, eroding the invisible structures that underpin everything that actually makes America great?"

I really am afraid of what will happen when/if Trump is defeated. If he refuses to step down, what will happen?

PureX

Veteran Member
When Hillary said that, I knew *exactly* what she meant and it was clear she was right. The core Trump supporters are racist, sexist, homophobes that just want to tear down the system. And they are well on their way to accomplishing this goal.
I agree; they aren't getting their way about everything, all the time, as they believe they should be, and so they want to 'blow up' the whole system, now.

My friend Jay used to call them "the screamin' me-me-s".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As it stands at this moment anyway, I think Biden is the one who has the best chance of winning.
Remember what happened in 2012. Trump was supposed to be wiped out by Hillary Clinton. What seems clear now may not be.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Might Trump and his loyal supporters seek to bring down the system if he is defeated in 2020?

That's a concern that needs to be prepared for. I know that the right will howl in outrage feeling that they were robbed and that "THEY" (us) were to blame. I can also see members of the current regime doing their best to screw up the transition so that they could blame Democrats for the mess they leave behind.