• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
If only all this were at all important:(

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
(John 3:16-21)

But then, what can be more fun than debating and arguing with other Christians.

"Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen."
(2 Timothy 2:14)

"Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen."
(1 Corinthians 3:3)

"Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters."
(Romans 14:1)

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand."
(Romans 14:4)
That is about the evilest thing I have ever heard. How dare you try to use scripture against God's Truth?

Get behind me Satan.

Yes

Jehovah, to my understanding is the English transliteration of the Latinized form of the Hebrew word "יְהֹוָה" or YHWH, the "Tetragrammaton" as you call it.
You are the one arguing about things that do not matter.

God is going to give those He love His NEW NAME.

You need to stop arguing about things no one can prove.

I can prove with scripture that God is going to give those He loves His new name.

Sonofason

That is about the evilest thing I have ever heard. How dare you try to use scripture against God's Truth?

Get behind me Satan.
"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
(2 Corinthians 12:10)

Yes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Jehovah" is the English translation of the Tetragrammaton. (A translation carried the meaning of the original word, though not not necessarily close to the pronunciation. e.g. Peter = Pierre= Pedro, all different translations of the same name.)

Yahweh is a transliteration. (This is how the name may have sounded in Hebrew but is not a translation) This is my understanding....
God knows who you are talking about. Be more concerned if you will be one of those who will know His new name.

Yes

"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
(2 Corinthians 12:10)
You are no martyr. You are the one who I am defending myself against. Now move on.

Yes

You need to study an Interlinear. The title "theos" is "god" with a small "g".

Did Koine Greek have lower and uppercase letters?

The only way to differentiate between the Almighty God and the lesser "mighty ones" was to use the definite article "ho" (THE) so John 1:1 has two "gods"....and only one is "THE God"....and it wasn't the "Word".
The Bible says Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word was God.

And yet you push the doctrine...so what do you call it? "A rose by by any other name....." :rolleyes:

The Word was not "THE God"...he was "with" THE God and he became flesh. He did not have to be God Almighty to fulfill his role as Messiah and redeemer. He was sent.....how does one part of God send another part of himself?
The Word was God and became flesh.

Yes

BTW we have acutely denied the trinity a long long time ago
Why then do you keep bringing up the trinity?
The trinity doctrine is false.
Do you believe there is a Father?
Do you believe there is a Son Jesus Christ?
Do you believe there is a Holy Spirit?
Yes or no?
How many does that make?

Sonofason

You need to study an Interlinear. The title "theos" is "god" with a small "g".
The only way to differentiate between the Almighty God and the lesser "mighty ones" was to use the definite article "ho" (THE) so John 1:1 has two "gods"....and only one is "THE God"....and it wasn't the "Word".

And yet you push the doctrine...so what do you call it? "A rose by by any other name....." :rolleyes:

The Word was not "THE God"...he was "with" THE God and he became flesh. He did not have to be God Almighty to fulfill his role as Messiah and redeemer. He was sent.....how does one part of God send another part of himself?

Was I wrong? It was an observation, not a just a criticism.

My old Nana used to say "you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar".....we all need to heed that wisdom.

Jesus did not teach us to berate people or to whip them into submission.
He reasoned with people whilst giving them the dignity of choice.

Do you think you do that? o_O
It seems to me that when Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his son Issac, it was a foreshadowing of what God was going to do for us. In the end, God did not require Abraham to sacrifice his son, but provided the lamb Himself. As it turns out, the Lamb that God provided was His own Son, not Himself.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
It seems to me that when Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his son Issac, it was a foreshadowing of what God was going to do for us. In the end, God did not require Abraham to sacrifice his son, but provided the lamb Himself. As it turns out, the Lamb that God provided was His own Son, not Himself.

Exactly! I'm glad someone gets it. :p :D

God did not come to earth as a man to die at the hands of mere humans. To suggest that an immortal God could die is absurd and to think that humans possess the ability to kill God is even sillier.

The Lamb of God is his son. He is a separate entity who was created as the very first being to be brought into existence. (Col 1:15, 16; Rev 3:14)
He is "only begotten" as the only direct creation of his Father....all other things were brought into existence through the agency of the son. (John 1:3; Prov 8:22, 30)

Immortal beings cannot die, so Jesus was not immortal.
God is immortal so Jesus cannot be God. :)

Yes

gray beard outdoors , its a forum with a religious thread . there are some really hardheaded good ole boy's . say hi for me
I have no idea what you are trying to say to me. Could you give a link?

Yes

Cataway, are you saved? Do you believe you have the Holy Spirit living inside you?