• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

cataway

Cataway, are you saved? Do you believe you have the Holy Spirit living inside you?
I do not claim to be one of the ones going to heaven . which means you will not understand my answer of NO

YES I have excepted Jesus as the redeemer/savior and to every thing it entails .

do you under stand ?

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
I do not claim to be one of the ones going to heaven . which means you will not understand my answer of NO

YES I have excepted Jesus as the redeemer/savior and to every thing it entails .

do you under stand ?
Yes or no...do you have the Holy Spirit living inside you or not?

cataway

I just do not get into worldly things. Are you making a course joke? God says not to do that, if you are. Otherwise: I do not know what you are saying.
you did ask for the link . that's what came up when I did a search

cataway

matthew 10:22
And YOU will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name; but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.

have you ended yet?

pearl

why not preach what Jesus preached , .................the kingdom

While that sounds simple it gets a little more complicated. Yes, Jesus preached the Kingdom,
the kerygma of the Hellenistic church proclaimed Jesus as the crucified and risen Christ.

cataway

Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

So you should be preaching the kingdom

moorea944

Holy Spirit does not live in any one. you may want to rephrase the question
I just want to quickly reply to this. I do agree with you that the Holy Spirit is not in us, per se as the spirit of God. That I think is in us. I also think that, if God withdrew His Spirit from the earth, we would die. We would all drop down dead.

Holy Spirit as in Holy Spirit gifts? Defenitly not. That ended when the Apostles died out. Bible tells us that when Christ returns we will have the Holy Spirit gifts back. We dont need the Holy Spirit gifts now because we have all of God's Word in the bible. They didnt have it back then. The Apostles needed them to show people.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
I assume you are referring to the spirit of Christ, God's own spirit. The Spirit of God is within everyone who says 'I believe'.

And yet, what do we understand the word, "believe" to mean?

21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’ (Matt 7:21-23)

Apparently there are "many" who profess such a belief.....and yet they have never been accepted by Jesus as his disciples. "NEVER" means not ever. :eek: So each of us who claim to be "believers" need to evaluate what it really means.

In the NWT we use the term "exercising faith" for the simple reason that "exercising faith" is a little different to "having faith" or simply "believing"......just as "exercising" a dog is not the same as "having" a dog or "believing" you have a dog.

What do you think?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
While that sounds simple it gets a little more complicated. Yes, Jesus preached the Kingdom,
the kerygma of the Hellenistic church proclaimed Jesus as the crucified and risen Christ.

The message about the kingdom has been lost by an apostate church.

When you ask church going people what the good news of the kingdom is...they have no idea. If you ask them what God's kingdom is...they can't define it. Their clergy can't either! Epic fail! o_O It was the theme of Jesus' entire ministry......one of the first things he mentioned in the model prayer.

How can anyone preach the good news about the kingdom when they have no notion about what it is and what it will accomplish? :confused:

Those who can clearly define the kingdom and who are preaching to the world about it are the ones Jesus is using to have it declared "in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations".....only after that is accomplished will the foretold "end" come. (Matt 24:14)

pearl

they can't define it.

If someone 'defines' the kingdom for you, walk away. Jesus always said 'the kingdom 'is like'.....
Jesus is the in-breaking of the Kingdom, it is here but not fulfilled, is now, but not yet.

"Today this scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing."
"The kingdom of God is in the midst of you"
"If it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you"

The kingdom of God is the reign of God. The world will be transformed in the Eschaton.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I just want to quickly reply to this. I do agree with you that the Holy Spirit is not in us, per se as the spirit of God. That I think is in us. I also think that, if God withdrew His Spirit from the earth, we would die. We would all drop down dead.

Holy Spirit as in Holy Spirit gifts? Defenitly not. That ended when the Apostles died out. Bible tells us that when Christ returns we will have the Holy Spirit gifts back. We dont need the Holy Spirit gifts now because we have all of God's Word in the bible. They didnt have it back then. The Apostles needed them to show people.
I agree with you that the gifts are not for today. However, I see nothing in the Scriptures which says the gifts would be restored when Jesus comes again. There would be no purpose for Spiritual gifts then.

The Bible repeatedly tells us in various ways that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Yes

Yes

I assume you are referring to the spirit of Christ, God's own spirit. The Spirit of God is within everyone who says 'I believe'.
If you have God's own Spirit inside you...which you said is the Spirit of Christ, then how is it you do not understand that they are the same?

Yes

Holy Spirit does not live in any one. you may want to rephrase the question
You are badly mistaken. If someone does not have the Spirit of God in them, then they do not belong to God.

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
The message about the kingdom has been lost by an apostate church.

When you ask church going people what the good news of the kingdom is...they have no idea. If you ask them what God's kingdom is...they can't define it. Their clergy can't either! Epic fail! o_O It was the theme of Jesus' entire ministry......one of the first things he mentioned in the model prayer.

How can anyone preach the good news about the kingdom when they have no notion about what it is and what it will accomplish? :confused:

Those who can clearly define the kingdom and who are preaching to the world about it are the ones Jesus is using to have it declared "in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations".....only after that is accomplished will the foretold "end" come. (Matt 24:14)

That ship already sailed Jay Jay. Looks like you missed the boat. The kingdom came with power on Pentecost just as Jesus promised it would. The kingdom is here NOW!

Epic Fail!!

Try reading Luke 24, and Acts 1 & 2.

The kingdom is the church. It is the kingdom which will never end as prophesied by Daniel in 2:44. All christians have been translated into the kingdom of our dear Savior. Col. 1:13

When Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom, the kingdom hadn't come yet.

When Jesus gave the model prayer, He prayed for the kingdom to come.

Well.....It came! On Pentecost, with the power of the Holy Spirit. You probably won't find that in you WT literature, but I promise, you, it is in the Bible.

True christians preach the gospel Jay Jay. Jesus died on the cross and was raised again. Because of His great sacrifice, all can be saved if we believe in Him. Salvation is a free gift from God. That is the good news!

By grace you are saved by faith.

Yes

God testified to what the Apostles said. God testified to what they said by allowing them to do many miracles...like raising people from the dead, giving sight to the blind, and having people speak in tongues.

God testified to what the Apostles said by allowing these miracles to happen, and this was DURING THE LAYING OF THE FOUNDATION. The foundation has been laid a long time ago. God testified to the message a long time ago. We do not need the message testified to again.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
If you have God's own Spirit inside you...which you said is the Spirit of Christ, then how is it you do not understand that they are the same?
Good point!
That ship already sailed Jay Jay. Looks like you missed the boat. The kingdom came with power on Pentecost just as Jesus promised it would. The kingdom is here NOW!

Epic Fail!!

Try reading Luke 24, and Acts 1 & 2.

The kingdom is the church. It is the kingdom which will never end as prophesied by Daniel in 2:44. All christians have been translated into the kingdom of our dear Savior. Col. 1:13

When Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom, the kingdom hadn't come yet.

When Jesus gave the model prayer, He prayed for the kingdom to come.

Well.....It came! On Pentecost, with the power of the Holy Spirit. You probably won't find that in you WT literature, but I promise, you, it is in the Bible.

True christians preach the gospel Jay Jay. Jesus died on the cross and was raised again. Because of His great sacrifice, all can be saved if we believe in Him. Salvation is a free gift from God. That is the good news!

By grace you are saved by faith, not by the WTO..

Reactions: Yes