• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the "there's actual science in the kuran" argument

cambridge79

i always hear people talkin about the fact that there's actual science present inside the kuran.
i was wondering, since there are muslim members in this forum, if its their belief too that there are scientific principles ( unkonwn at the time it was written, otherwise is pointless ) in the kuran too, would they be so kind to provide those passages of the text for me to read?

also, when you refer to a specific scientific principle in the kuran, can you please specify if the relative scientific discovery has been made starting from that scientific principle present in the kuran, or if muslims have realized the scientific principle was present in the text only after the relative discovery was made?

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
i always hear people talkin about the fact that there's actual science present inside the kuran.
i was wondering, since there are muslim members in this forum, if its their belief too that there are scientific principles ( unkonwn at the time it was written, otherwise is pointless ) in the kuran too, would they be so kind to provide those passages of the text for me to read?

also, when you refer to a specific scientific principle in the kuran, can you please specify if the relative scientific discovery has been made starting from that scientific principle present in the kuran, or if muslims have realized the scientific principle was present in the text only after the relative discovery was made?
I found big reference of miracle science in Quran

enjoy

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

cambridge79

me myself i've the suspect that there may be vague assumptions in the kuran, possibly of all other nature, on wich people have overimposed scientific principles, like if it was written something like "Allah has permeated the world with invisible forces" and muslims went on saying "you see? kuran talks about gravity and electricity! how incredible is that?" wich would be quite a stupid and disappointing assumption.

so in the end i'm curious to see if mine is only prejudice and real science is there for us to read or if i'm in fact actually hitting the nail on the head.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
are you a muslim? do you agree with the evidences that your link is presenting?
He is and he does. It's really quite mind-numbing and I mean that quite literally. One can almost feel the intelligence evaporating from their brain when entertaining such discussions.
My discussions with many Muslims on this topic go back years now and I've yet to be impressed with a single argument presented by Muslims on this topic.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
are you a muslim? do you agree with the evidences that your link is presenting?
I did not check all site , but i advise you to post a thread about this in Islam DIR ,I am sure that's will help you to explore Islam .

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I did not check all site , but i advise you to post a thread about this in Islam DIR ,I am sure that's will help you to explore Islam .
It should be pointed out that posting the question in the Islam dir means that the poster cannot seriously argue with the absurd thinking that Muslims will present. I would strongly advise against doing so unless one is not really interested in a serious discussion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It should be pointed out that posting the question in the Islam dir means that the poster cannot seriously argue with the absurd thinking that Muslims will present. I would strongly advise against doing so unless one is not really interested in a serious discussion.
Isn't that the purpose of a DIR?
Oh, wait......I'm getting into <warning> territory here.
All hail the DIR, bastions of tolerance & diversity of thought!

Godobeyer

Premium Member
so lets delete religions DIR lol

I mean if he want view of Muslims about these verse

so if he want to listen to anti-Muslims , so that's will make him confused .

OP question is for Muslims :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Isn't that the purpose of a DIR?
Oh, wait......I'm getting into <warning> territory here.
All hail the DIR, bastions of tolerance & diversity of thought!
Not really, RevoltingOne. The DIR's are for respectful questions and not for full on discussions or arguments. :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
so lets delete religions DIR lol

I mean if he want view of Muslims about these verse

so if he want to listen to anti-Muslims , so that's will make him confused .

OP question is for Muslims :)
Are you unable to actually defend your ideas outside of the foxhole where your are protected? I suppose keeping such thing in the DIRs would add an unintended comic element, so that could be amusing.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Are you unable to actually defend your ideas outside of the foxhole where your are protected?
for me because don't had "good English, it's yes" then if Muslim explain , and anti-Muslim deny , that's make him confused

I don't advise anyone to explore Islam or any religion from Debate DIR .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not really, RevoltingOne. The DIR's are for respectful questions and not for full on discussions or arguments. :)
And I would never suggest otherwise.

Edit:
Some forums don't allow respectful discussion or even questions from outsiders.

Last edited:
I found big reference of miracle science in Quran

enjoy

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

That site is absolutely hilarious. In the past they used to at least try to make the 'miracles' sound semi-plausible if you suspended your judgement a little bit and used your imagination in a non-critical way.

Now they are just trolling though... :D

MODERN-DAY RADAR TECHNOLOGY

We gave Dawud great favor from Us: 'O mountains and birds! echo with him in his praise!' And We made iron malleable for him: (Surah Saba', 10)

We gave Sulayman understanding of it. We gave each of them judgment and knowledge. We subjected the mountains to Dawud, glorifying, and the birds as well. This is something We are well able to do. (Surat al-Anbiya', 79)

So We subjected the wind to him to blow at his command, softly, wherever he directed. (Surah Sâd, 36)

The above verses refer to the superior attributes bestowed on the Prophets David (pbuh) and Solomon (pbuh), and say that each was given knowledge from the Presence of Allah. The terms referring to the knowledge given to these Prophets in the verses may be a reference to present-day radar technology, which works by the reflection of electromagnetic waves. (Allah knows the truth.) The word "awwibee" in verse 10 of Surah Saba', translated as "echoing" in the verse and meaning "the return or reiteration of sound," is reminiscent of echo-based radar technology.

Radar is a location device used to determine the location, speed and direction of mobile or stationary objects, and works by reflecting micro-wave.1 The operating principle of radar bears a close similarity to the reflection of sound. For example, someone shouting in a valley or a cave, hears his own voice being reflected back to him. If we know how fast sound travels through the air, we can calculate the distance and general direction of the object it bounces off.

In the radar system, electromagnetic energy signals are used in very much the same way. Signals with a microwave frequency are emitted toward an object and then return after being reflected by it. This part of the signal returning to the radar is called an "echo." Radar devices use this echo to determine the direction and distance of the object doing the reflecting.2 Since they also use electromagnetic energy, radio, television and the human eye bear a close resemblance to radar systems, though their frequencies are different. In addition, radar uses the reflected energy known as the "echo," rather than directly transmitted energy as in these examples.3 Reflected signals are converted into numerical values by the radar receiver and recorded as data on "echo stores." Finally, the data are processed and converted into images.4

The use of the Arabic verb "alanna," meaning "We have made malleable," in verse 10 of Surah Saba' is again exceedingly wise. Because iron is still described as soft, or malleable, despite being physically very hard. This form of iron, known as "soft magnetic iron" because of its magnetic properties is particularly used in radar and satellite technology.5 Soft iron is used because it strengthens the magnetic field and can be opened and closed as desired.

"The wind being told to blow at his command..." as we are told of the Prophet Solomon (pbuh) in verse 36 of Sura Sad, may be a reference to electromagnetic signals being transmitted as desired in the air thanks to the use of soft iron. (Allah knows the truth.)

The radar imaging used today scans the world at every moment and developments taking place on the earth can thus be constantly monitored. In addition, data can be collected about physical features on earth, such as mountains, glaciers and the oceans, and also about man-made objects, such as houses, bridges and cars. The way that the operating principle and material used in this advanced technology was noted in the Qur'an 1400 years ago shows that the Qur'an is the revelation of our Lord, Who created past and future as a single moment and Who is unfettered by time.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
And I would never suggest otherwise.
Hehe. There is some merit to keeping this kind of "discussion" in the Islam Dir where only respectful questions can be asked and no debate is permitted. Due to that limitation the hilarious thinking of Muslims could continue without any attempt to add intellectual content.
That site is absolutely hilarious. In the past they used to at least try to make the 'miracles' sound semi-plausible if you suspended your judgement a little bit and used your imagination in a non-critical way.

Now they are just trolling though... :D
My main thought is that these "arguments" are based on the bet that the audience they are intended for doesn't know squat about science. The whole "Scientific Miracles" meme is a perfect example of the old saying, "Better to have people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

cambridge79

other day i opened a discussion about the 10 commendments in the christian DIR and it was moved here by mods cause it was considered "challenging in its nature" so i think the same fate would happen to a discussion like this in the islam DIR.

i also asked the mod how to deal in the future with such kind of question if they were directed to a particular faith, he replyed to me to open them in the general section and to specify in the opening post or in the title that the discussion is addressed to that particular faith.

the mod told me NOT to open them in the DIR section

Last edited:

cambridge79

would you mind when you have time to pick from that site, without reading it all, the first example you can find of a sentence that 100% convinces you about this "science present in the kuran" argument?

i have read a couple and i don't want to start a discussion about one of them and than a muslim comes up telling something like "well that sentence you quoted actually is not that good, try this one"

Last edited: