• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Swaminarayan Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
Unfortunate, so many pages, ceilings, carvings, buildings; and not one word of wisdom, other than the contention that Swaminarayan is an avatara of Lord Vishnu. There have already been nine avataras ending with Buddha and the tenth, Kalki, to come only at the end of the Yuga. I do not know from where in the last century, so many Bhagawans have come up, Swaminarayan, Shirdi Sai, and Puttaparthy Sai. There are hundreds of others, Balyogeshwar also being one of them (he was a minister in the cabinet of P.V.Narasimharao of the suitcase fame). The escapades of the Nathdwara Swami in Bombay are welknown, the Vadthal Swamis have been exposed, I hope the BAPS Swamis are not like that. If all these are avataras, then you and me are also avataras. Are we any other than Brahman?

Hindus wake up. These people are only fooling you. Keep to your tradition. And as Swami Sivananda used to say, realize your own divineness.

Swaminarayan's arrival was predicted in many Vedic scriptures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Swaminarayan#Philosophy_and_claims_of_Godhood

BAPS is very much divorce from the Shree Swaminarayan Sampradaya. Our conduct is goodwill. We've done many alot of work with the poor and needy. Including education and free medical services. BAPS and the Shree Swaminarayan Sampradaya are cut from different cloths.

http://www.swaminarayan.org/introduction/index.htm

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
Celebration of 100 Years of Bochasan Mandir
Bochasan, India, 26-27 April 2007

In 1907 Brahmaswarup Shastriji Maharaj built the first BAPS Mandir in Bochasan. To commemorate the completion of 100 years, a grand patotsav celebration was held in the presence of Pramukh Swami Maharaj.
As stated in the Hindu Shastras, on completion of 100 years, the murtis of the mandir should be offered a special abhishek of 1001 kalashes using the extracts of special items. This ceremony is known as Sahastrakalash Abhishek.
So, on Thursday 26 April 2007 a grand Vedic yagna was held in the presence of Pramukh Swami Maharaj, in which over 1,500 devotees participated.
The patotsav was celebrated on Friday 27 April 2007. At 7.30 am, Pramukh Swami Maharaj performed the patotsav arti. Thereafter, over 1,500 devotees participated in the Vedic patotsav mahapuja ceremony. At the end of the mahapuja, Swamishri performed the special abhishek ritual of all the consecrated murtis: Bhagwan Swaminarayan, Aksharbrahma Gunatitanand Swami, Shri Harikrishna Maharaj, Shri Ghanshyam Maharaj and Shri Lakshami-Narayan Dev. The entire ceremony was relayed by CCTV to over 17,000 devotees seated in the mandir premises and assembly arena.
After these special Vedic rituals, Swamishri presided over the patotsav assembly. The assembly featured speeches by the senior sadhus and traditional dances by children and youths. Swamishri again performed the abhishek of Shri Harikrishna Maharaj on stage and then blessed the assembly, describing the glory of these Vedic rituals as well as the murtis of God. He also talked about the devotion and saintliness of the Guru Parampara as the reason for the growth of the BAPS over the past 100 years.

http://www.swaminarayan.org/news/2007/04/bochasanpatotsav/index.htm

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
National BAPS Kishore-Kishori Mahapooja, London, UK

Inside the Haveli of BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, London, where Pramukh Swami Maharaj raised the flags to commence the Centennial Anniversary of BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha merely five months previously, a grand mahapooja, organised by the UK Kishore-Kishori Mandal was held in the presence of Tyagvallabh Swami on the afternoon of Saturday 14 April 2007.
600 participants came together to offer their prayers for the BAPS Centenary and for the health of Pramukh Swami Maharaj. The Haveli was adorned with dazzling decorations, consisting of traditional rangoli patterns designed from rice and pulse grains, flanked with tassels of leaves, and illuminated with beautiful lamps to create an authentic setting. The murti of Nilkanth Varni greeted all the participants at the centre of the Haveli.
The ceremony was conducted by kishores, who recited the shlokas and narrated the significance of the various elements and stages of the ceremony. Tyagvallabh Swami performed the rituals of Harikrishna Maharaj and later explained the glory of the mahapooja. Each kishore and kishori was offered an opportunity to bathe the murti of Harikrishna Maharaj at the climax of this truly memorable occasion.

http://www.swaminarayan.org/news/uk/2007/04/kmahapuja/index.htm

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Swaminarayan's arrival was predicted in many Vedic scriptures.
Unfortunately you have not shown us even one. The Wikipedia article also does not mention any. This is what is given there:

As an elaboration to this shlok, Sadguru Shree Shatanand Muni writes in Artha Dipika (Shikshapatri Bhashya)

"Yaha Saakshaat Bhagvaan Ksharakhara Paraha Krshnaha Sa Eva Svayam Bhaktau Dharmat Aas, Bhoori Krupaya Sri Svaminarayanaha Maanushyam Bhuvi Naatayannijjan Acharyatvadharme Sthitaha Krshnam Praha Parokshavann Tu Tatonyaha Sosti Yatsa Svayam"

"That live (saakshat) God (bhagvan) Krishna who is above kshar and akshar, appeared from Bhakti through Dharma as Swaminarayan; assumed a human body on the earth like a dramatist (natta). That Krishna whilst observing the (human) dharmas of an Acharya speaks in third person (parokshavann) but that Krishna is none other than Himself."

This is a comment by a Swaminarayana follower, and therefore, cannot be taken as unbiased. Shikshapatri is a Swaminarayana holy book.

Even the Swaminarayana page in Wikipedia mentions, "Bhagwan Swaminarayan (April 3, 1781 - 1830) was born Ghanshyam Pande to a Brahmin family in the village of Chhapaiya, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father's name was Hariprasad Pande (also known as Dharmadev) and his mother's name was Premvati (also known as Bhaktimata)." In this way you can also say that I am Dharmadeva and my wife is Murti (The Wikipedia article does not even mention Murti, it calls Premavati as Bhaktimata, which surely is a name given to her after Swaminarayana became prominent in Gujarat).

The base line is that nine avataras of Lord Vishnu have appeared (ending with Lord Buddha, the tenth would come at the end of Kaliyuga, which is 427,000 years away. The rest who make the claim in the intervening period are imposters.

ayani

celina, i'd like to thank you for these lovely and striking images. :yes: certainly very beautiful!

decentindian

Unfortunately you have not shown us even one. The Wikipedia article also does not mention any. This is what is given there:

As an elaboration to this shlok, Sadguru Shree Shatanand Muni writes in Artha Dipika (Shikshapatri Bhashya)

"Yaha Saakshaat Bhagvaan Ksharakhara Paraha Krshnaha Sa Eva Svayam Bhaktau Dharmat Aas, Bhoori Krupaya Sri Svaminarayanaha Maanushyam Bhuvi Naatayannijjan Acharyatvadharme Sthitaha Krshnam Praha Parokshavann Tu Tatonyaha Sosti Yatsa Svayam"

"That live (saakshat) God (bhagvan) Krishna who is above kshar and akshar, appeared from Bhakti through Dharma as Swaminarayan; assumed a human body on the earth like a dramatist (natta). That Krishna whilst observing the (human) dharmas of an Acharya speaks in third person (parokshavann) but that Krishna is none other than Himself."

This is a comment by a Swaminarayana follower, and therefore, cannot be taken as unbiased. Shikshapatri is a Swaminarayana holy book.

Even the Swaminarayana page in Wikipedia mentions, "Bhagwan Swaminarayan (April 3, 1781 - 1830) was born Ghanshyam Pande to a Brahmin family in the village of Chhapaiya, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father's name was Hariprasad Pande (also known as Dharmadev) and his mother's name was Premvati (also known as Bhaktimata)." In this way you can also say that I am Dharmadeva and my wife is Murti (The Wikipedia article does not even mention Murti, it calls Premavati as Bhaktimata, which surely is a name given to her after Swaminarayana became prominent in Gujarat).

The base line is that nine avataras of Lord Vishnu have appeared (ending with Lord Buddha, the tenth would come at the end of Kaliyuga, which is 427,000 years away. The rest who make the claim in the intervening period are imposters.

Completely agree with the above, in fact in the scripture revered by followers of Swaminarayan, the Shikshapatri which was written by Swaminarayan himsef, Swaminarayan himself says in shlok 108 "Shree Krishna is purna purshottam and the cause of all incarnations" yet Swaminarayan followers ignore this and claim Swaminarayan as God. The Shikshaptri gives clear guidance as to the true intention of Swaminarayan that of bhakti toward Shree Krishna.

Also note that the BAPS Sampraday was not even advocated by Swaminarayan yet they say they follow him, HOW????

Swaminarayan was a great saint, a true bhakt of Shree Krishna, it's a shame that his followers have not taken his teachings as he himself prescribed.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
It is the same with all religions, for they are based on teachings from masters who have long since departed this earth. If there is no true spiritual heir, the lineage breaks.

I cannot stress the need of a living master enough.

I don't mean a xeroxed copy of a holy man the local ashram puts out either.

x

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
DecentIndian, on your post I would rephrase what I had written. 'All those who claim to be avataras, and all those who claim a particular person to be an avatara, are imposters or decievers.' Who in this world has an origin other than in 'Brahman'?

I would add a story of a vaishnava saint at this point. He had started to have his food, as is common in India, with bread and a bowl of vegetables. Suddenly a dog snatched the bread and ran away. The saint ran after the dog saying 'O Lord, take the vegeables also. How otherwise you would enjoy the bread.' Swaminarayan was correct in saying that all incarnations are Lord Krishna, the Brahman, only. 'Ekameva Adwiteeyam' (There is only one, no second).

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
Completely agree with the above, in fact in the scripture revered by followers of Swaminarayan, the Shikshapatri which was written by Swaminarayan himsef, Swaminarayan himself says in shlok 108 "Shree Krishna is purna purshottam and the cause of all incarnations" yet Swaminarayan followers ignore this and claim Swaminarayan as God. The Shikshaptri gives clear guidance as to the true intention of Swaminarayan that of bhakti toward Shree Krishna.

Also note that the BAPS Sampraday was not even advocated by Swaminarayan yet they say they follow him, HOW????

Swaminarayan was a great saint, a true bhakt of Shree Krishna, it's a shame that his followers have not taken his teachings as he himself prescribed.

BAPS is the only true Swaminaryan sect. The so called original sampradaya is corrupt. That's why true Swaminarayan devotees are fleeing it. Swaminarayan was God and not just an avatar. He is the cause of all avatars, the Supreme Godhead. I'm not here to argue, just to educate the ignorant.

http://www.swaminarayan.org/lordswaminarayan/index.htm

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
Tyagvallabh Swami and sadhus in UK/Europe
12 April to 28 April 2007

Through the grace of Pramukh Swami Maharaj, Sadguru Tyagvallabh Swami and 41 sadhus visited BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Neasden, London for Satsang programmes for two weeks in April 2007.
The sadhus arrived from India on Thursday 12 April. Prior to the Swagat Assembly on Saturday 14 April, Tyagvallabh Swami and sadhus participated in a grand Mahapooja organized by National Kishore-Kishori Mandal in which over 600 kishores and kishoris took part.
The following day, Tyagvallabh Swami and sadhus walked along with over 3,400 devotees across the country in the National Sponsored Walk on Sunday 15 April held across 10 centres in the UK.
From Monday 16 to Wednesday 18 April, the group visited Paris, where an amazing 450 people gathered for the Satsang Assembly on Tuesday 17 April.
From Friday 20 to Sunday 22 April, the group visited the various mandirs and centres for mandir darshan namely; Leicester, Ashton, Preston, Birmingham, Coventry, Loughborough, Nottingham, Wellingborough and Luton.
During the final week of the group’s stay, sabhas were held at London Mandir every evening where 500 devotees daily listened to the discourses.
Finally, before departing for an extended Satsang tour of the USA on Saturday 28 April, Tyagvallabh Swami and sadhus performed abhishek of Shri Nilkanth Varni on Friday 27 April with 75 different liquids to commemorate the 100th year anniversary of the image installation in Bochasan by Shastriji Maharaj. These events coupled with the knowledgeable discourses of the sadhus over the fortnight reinforced the satsang for the devotees in the UK.

http://www.swaminarayan.org/news/uk/2007/04/santovisit/index.htm

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
BAPS is the only true Swaminaryan sect. The so called original sampradaya is corrupt. That's why true Swaminarayan devotees are fleeing it. Swaminarayan was God and not just an avatar. He is the cause of all avatars, the Supreme Godhead. I'm not here to argue, just to educate the ignorant.

http://www.swaminarayan.org/lordswaminarayan/index.htm
Please learn debating manners. Desist from calling others as 'ignorant'. There is no Swaminarayan in Hinduism and you are not a hindu.

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
Please learn debating manners. Desist from calling others as 'ignorant'. There is no Swaminarayan in Hinduism and you are not a hindu.

according to you. you consider Buddha an Avatar, but not Krishna? If anything your beliefs have no application in Hinduism. Swaminarayan is above all affiliation to any religion, he is God. Not just a "Hindu God". Names are meaningless, the word "Hindu" doesn't descibe Sanatana Dharma properly. So yes I am not "Hindu", Hinduism is not a religion. Just a group of religions. I am a Swaminarayan Vaishnava. The truth is the only thing that matters. Lord Swaminarayan is apart of the eternal Sanatana Dharma. :shout

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why should I be arrogant? I am trying to save the integrity of my religion. People are trying to give it a meaning which even Swaminarayan did not intend. As you have already said, they are probably falsifying Swaminarayan himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.