• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Supreme Court will decide if Donald Trump can be kept off 2024 presidential ballots

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am not going to go state by state, but I will say that currently the unemployment rate for the US is at 3.7 percent. So no, I stand by my comments about illegal immigration being halted and it not causing the collapse of the US economy.

I never stated nor implied that it would cause the collapse of our economy.

Because of the relatively low American birthrate, immigrants help us to keep a stable labor supply according to economists. However, I am not for "open borders".

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I never stated nor implied that it would cause the collapse of our economy.

Because of the relatively low American birthrate, immigrants help us to keep a stable labor supply according to economists. However, I am not for "open borders".
I know - I stated that I disagreed with that and you responded to my statement. I am only opposed to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and I also wish it wasn't such a long and expensive process to become a legal resident here in the US. But I do believe we need to know WHO is in our country.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I know - I stated that I disagreed with that and you responded to my statement. I am only opposed to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and I also wish it wasn't such a long and expensive process to become a legal resident here in the US. But I do believe we need to know WHO is in our country.

I agree and was VERY disappointed when Trump skuttled the bipartisan agreement on this before it was going for a House vote. It wasn't a cure-all but would have helped, which is why even the conservative union endorsed it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree and was VERY disappointed when Trump skuttled the bipartisan agreement on this before it was going for a House vote. It wasn't a cure-all but would have helped, which is why even the conservative union endorsed it.
It is not that he wants to solve the problem and take credit for it. He thinks that he can now use the border problem in his campaign rhetoric. He will try to blame Biden for a problem that started under his administration. The irony is that his followers will probably believe those lies.

Laniakea

Not of this world
It is not that he wants to solve the problem and take credit for it. He thinks that he can now use the border problem in his campaign rhetoric. He will try to blame Biden for a problem that started under his administration. The irony is that his followers will probably believe those lies.

Biden could always reinstate the 94 Trump border policies that biden got rid of on day one. If he got rid of them on day one, he could reinstate them all in a day as well. Better late than never. Then Trump couldn't run his campaign on the border issue since all of his policies would be in place again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Biden could always reinstate the 94 Trump border policies that biden got rid of on day one. If he got rid of them on day one, he could reinstate them all in a day as well. Better late than never. Then Trump couldn't run his campaign on the border issue since all of his policies would be in place again.
Many of them may have been illegal. Many were definitely immoral. Some were pointless. Which ones do you think would help and please explain how.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What do you mean by LEGAL IMMIGRATION"? I have a feeling that you may not understand the concept.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, the one with the black lady appointed by joseph biden, even though she can't define what a woman is, but no one dare criticize because she supposedly made "history".
One black lady does not help when there are six dishonest members. And what makes you think that she cannot define "woman". She never failed at that, she may have ignored a dishonest "reporter".

Messianic Israelite

Did it not occur to you that the Hebrws wrote rules for children because they were little rebels just like they are today?

Correct, there are no Gods known to exist.

No, the universe exists as it does, and there are natural explanations. There's no evidence of any creator as a credible mechanism. There are ancient myths that are an ongoing tradition of belief by religious people, and they confuse their belief with knowledge. You seem to be doing this.

Bad analogy. This isn't evidence that your religious beleifs are true. If you make a claim that a God exists and caused anything you need direct evidence, not language tricks.

Irrelevant.

Your beliefs are irrelevant, and we don't care. Where is the evidence that your beliefs are rational and based on fact?

This is just a story, and interpreting it is irrelevant to what is real and true about things.

Fine, you like the laws, then follow them. But they have no authority beyond what believers like you decide for themselves. It ends with you. There's no Yahweh coming forth standing behind anything you believe.

Yeah, there's been all sorts of predictions and assertions that Bible prophesy has come to pass. But these interpretation are so dubious and flawed that no one can make any definitive conclusion. You keep falling back on what your religious community believes, and that isn't a valid basis for an argument. You need clear evidence and a coherent argument that is cohesive. Logic also demands that you not make assumptions, likle assuming the Bible is true, and that the God it refers to exists.

Right. It's as if even they know it's nonsense and can't be taken seriously.

How do all these believers get away with defying God and nothing bad happens to them?

Why assume any of this is true? You make all these assumptions but don't explain why.

It's not as if following the Bible literally has made any Christian moral. Morality is often a very difficult issue where there is no absolute answer. How do believers solve moral problems in a perfect way? They don't. I do see believers decide that their God must agree with them, and they use their idea of God as window dressing as some kind of authority that the believer doesn't have themselves.

Secular nations don't need the Bible, or any interpretation that believers offer. Religious folks are free to believe what they want for themselves, and it ends there. Does it not bother you that those Americans using the Bible to push dangerous political polices are harming citizens? Look at women unable to get medical care when their pregnancies go wrong. There are reports of some women dying because they were refused care due to laws by religious republicans. Is that how the bible works?

Hi and good morning F1fan.

Did it not occur to you that the Hebrws wrote rules for children because they were little rebels just like they are today?

Children have little carnal natures which they also must overcome. King David, although undoubtedly obedient to his parents - else wouldn't be chosen by Yahweh to lead His people Israel - says in Psalm 25:7 "Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Yahweh, are good." I can recall my own childhood, perhaps you yourself can recall in yours, that just like King David we haven't always been fully obedient, perhaps sometimes we have rebelled against our parents wishes. I know with myself I was a very obedient child when I lived at my parents house because I feared Yahweh's commandments. To the point that other siblings would come to me to resolve arguments and disputes in the absence of my parents. Nonetheless, when giving my life extra scrutiny I know they were times when that I think perhaps I could have improved, especially when I was very young when I was given to tantrums when I didn't get my own way. That attitude had to be corrected and it was by corporal punishment.

Children can be set on a course for good, or for evil. You can prove this by reading Psalm 127:4 which tells us children are like arrows which can be directed to hit a certain target. If one gets in the bad attitude of a rebellious attitude as a young person and that attitude is not corrected, if the parents do not correct such an evil attitude, then when they become adults there is a good chance that attitude will solidify and nothing will change the heart and mind of that person. When our heart is tender, when it is young, it is then when the commandments of Yahweh can have maximum effect and these good practices can be with us all the way up to our death (Proverbs 22:6).

That's what Satan would have you believe. He is just thrilled to hear statements like this. You indeed have a mighty one (elohim) that you worship. We all do. Whether that's science, or ourselves, our wives, our children, money, materialism, our jobs, lust for power, fame, or for false wisdom - whatever we place ahead of Yahweh is our Mighty One. If Yahweh did not exist, you wouldn't exist. Simple. None of us would. Yahweh is light (1 John 1:5) and the absence of light is darkness, emptiness and nothing. I know that Yahweh exists. I believe 100% that Yahweh exists and He has manifested Himself in my life, even as a youth. I understand that my experiences have very little chance of persuading you, so let's consider scientifically the proposal for life on this earth as you next go on to say they are natural explanations for life on this planet. Do you really think that a big bang, 13.8 billion years ago, brought the universe into existence and initially produced hydrogen, the simplest chemical element; hydrogen then evolved into other chemical elements—and eventually people. It's the most silliest "unnatural" explanation there is, yet you gravitate towards it not because it is logical by any means and surely you can see that, but because you don't want to believe in a Creator. When we reject any part of Yahweh's Word, we reject wisdom and sorry to say, we become foolish. You could write thousands of scientific papers to propose how this Big Bang could've created life, but ultimately it boils down utter garbage.

Have you read the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 1:21: "For seeing that in the wisdom of Yahweh the world through its wisdom knew not Yahweh, it was Yahweh’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe."

It's Yahweh's pleasure to put to shame those that are "wise" and to exalt those who are "foolish". Just as in the case of King David and Goliath, King David had no real fighting experience, yet he was able to subdue and kill Goliath, someone who was trained in the martial arts from his youth. This glorifies Yahweh because we are relying upon Him as the source of our help and not upon our own power, wisdom or might. This is a lesson you will have to learn if you want entrance in to Yahweh's Kingdom because we have to exercise faith in Yahweh despite the odds. The so called natural explanations that you refer to require insurmountable measures of time which gives free rein for scientists to propose the more idiotic of excuses as to why a Creator is not necessary for creation because none of these proposals can actually be proven, except by faulty scientific reasoning.

There are ancient myths that are an ongoing tradition of belief by religious people, and they confuse their belief with knowledge. You seem to be doing this.

Indeed, ancient myths exist. The Bible is not an ancient myth. Everything in the Bible can be relied upon as true and actually, even in encyclopedias, the Bible is referred to as a reliable source of what happened in our past and is used as a reference to determine what happened in our past. Last week, my dad had given me the task of looking up and researching the individual Obed-Edom and I was pleasantly surprised that even on Wikipedia, events occurring in the Bible were written as a matter of fact, which did actually happen. No other Book, none of the myths which exist, have that kind of authority. The Bible can be relied upon because it is accurate.

Psalm 33:4 says: "For the word of Yahweh is right and true; he is faithful in all he does."

Bad analogy. This isn't evidence that your religious beleifs are true. If you make a claim that a God exists and caused anything you need direct evidence, not language tricks.

The evidence is that each one of us has a brain and Yahweh expects us to use it. I don't know what evidence would persuade you of a Creator, I really don't. You cannot go through life treating truth as a Rubin's vase (sometimes known as the Rubin face or the figure–ground vase)? It is a famous example of ambiguous or bi-stable (i.e., reversing) two-dimensional forms developed around 1915 by the Danish psychologist Edgar Rubin where we are both looking at the same image, but both of us may see different things, either the two faces, or the vase and neither can condemn the other for seeing what they see as both images we see are completely legitimate. There is a wrong way of approaching life and a right way. There is a wrong way of approaching the Bible and a right way.

Romans 1 says:
"20 For since the creation of the world Yahweh’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and heavenly nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew Yahweh, they neither glorified him as Yahweh nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal Yahweh for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles."

Yahweh is seen through the love and beauty of His Works - what He has made and I'm not just talking about natural things such as animals, trees, insects, birds, even humans, but His most prized possession Yahshua the Messiah, who was a perfect spiritual Being while walking on this earth.
I will post the second part of my post momentarily. It exceeded the 12,000 characters word count.

Messianic Israelite

No, the universe exists as it does, and there are natural explanations. There's no evidence of any creator as a credible mechanism. There are ancient myths that are an ongoing tradition of belief by religious people, and they confuse their belief with knowledge. You seem to be doing this.

Irrelevant.

Your beliefs are irrelevant, and we don't care. Where is the evidence that your beliefs are rational and based on fact?

This is just a story, and interpreting it is irrelevant to what is real and true about things.

Fine, you like the laws, then follow them. But they have no authority beyond what believers like you decide for themselves. It ends with you. There's no Yahweh coming forth standing behind anything you believe.

Yeah, there's been all sorts of predictions and assertions that Bible prophesy has come to pass. But these interpretation are so dubious and flawed that no one can make any definitive conclusion. You keep falling back on what your religious community believes, and that isn't a valid basis for an argument. You need clear evidence and a coherent argument that is cohesive. Logic also demands that you not make assumptions, likle assuming the Bible is true, and that the God it refers to exists.

Right. It's as if even they know it's nonsense and can't be taken seriously.

How do all these believers get away with defying God and nothing bad happens to them?

Why assume any of this is true? You make all these assumptions but don't explain why.

It's not as if following the Bible literally has made any Christian moral. Morality is often a very difficult issue where there is no absolute answer. How do believers solve moral problems in a perfect way? They don't. I do see believers decide that their God must agree with them, and they use their idea of God as window dressing as some kind of authority that the believer doesn't have themselves.

Secular nations don't need the Bible, or any interpretation that believers offer. Religious folks are free to believe what they want for themselves, and it ends there. Does it not bother you that those Americans using the Bible to push dangerous political polices are harming citizens? Look at women unable to get medical care when their pregnancies go wrong. There are reports of some women dying because they were refused care due to laws by religious republicans. Is that how the bible works?

Good morning. To continue...

That's laughable. What do the Scriptures say?

Proverbs 9:12

"If thou art wise, thou art wise for thyself; And if thou scoffest, thou alone shalt bear it."

and

Proverbs 1:22

"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And scoffers delight them in scoffing, And fools hate knowledge?"

If you don't care about your salvation, you alone will be the one who has to suffer for it. You will find out at the Judgement Seat how real the Bible is, but it is my hope that people can come to this realization before it is too late. A haphazardly cobbled together theory is all you have in the theory of evolution, yet you point the finger to question my beliefs. I have thousands of years of wisdom going back from the time of the first humans to back up what I believe. You have a theory which is a few hundreds years old, yet you make yourself to be wise when in actuality, the theory of evolution takes the mechanism of microevolution and applies it to something completely different, macroevolution. Humans have always been human. There has been no evolution from bacteria to the life that we have today over a span of billions of years. You have nothing to back your claims except a lot of wishful thinking.

I'm not the authority. Yahweh who commanded these Laws is the authority. Yahweh's heavenly nature is contained in these wonderful Laws and He is with those that are obedient. And it doesn't end with me. They are brethren and sisters in the faith who are also observing these Laws as well as a long list of righteous people down through the ages who also observed Yahweh's Laws and will receive their reward of a place in Yahweh's Kingdom when Yahshua returns. If you don't want to believe in Yahweh, Yahweh's Law, His Son, fine, but again, that is something you will be brought in to account with at the Judgement Seat. If you cannot see the good in Yahweh's Law, or in Yahshua, the Word made flesh, then you really are blind and you need to pray, study and apply the Word until you get to a point where you can see clearly. Yahweh is with His people. You can be assured of that.

2 Chronicles 15:2

"and he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin: Yahweh is with you, while ye are with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you."

Logic also demands that you not make assumptions, likle assuming the Bible is true, and that the God it refers to exists.

His Name is Yahweh.

It seems hypocritical that you demand not to make assumptions in my opinion, since the theory of evolution and the ideas formulated around it are based on numerous assumptions, assumptions based in that of a distant past where it just so happens no-one was around to witness. One of those nonsensical assumptions is that preserved remains take about 10,000 years to fossilize. You know what I think. I think it's nonsense and doesn't take in to fact the many fossils we have discovered of organisms doing a certain activity such as eating, while fossilized. Scientists say there was a pitter patter of dust and sediment over centuries on these undisturbed organisms which led to the fossilization of these organisms, yet how likely is that really? Noah's Flood occurred and there is plenty of evidence for the flood if you were but to look for it. Fossilization is proof of rapid burial and most fossils were undoubtedly resulted from the flood. I mean you would have to be really blind to not see the correlation between the most profusely fossilized organisms (ammonites; bivalves; trilobites; belemnites; brachiopods; corals and crinoids) and the flood which occurred.

Firstly, you are making the ill-advised assumption that nothing bad is happening to wicked people. Wicked people have their fair share of problems, believe me. And if Yahweh hasn't come down with judgement as forcefully as He could have, it's because He is exercising His great lovingkindness and mercy. He has shown you mercy, and all those who disbelieve in not coming down upon them in judgements as He could have:

2 Peter 3:9

"Yahweh is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Romans 2:4

"Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of Yahweh leadeth thee to repentance?"

There will be a time for judgement and that time is coming.

I'm not entirely sure how you can possibly come to that conclusion. Let's look to Yahshua for our example. He took the Bible literally, even to the point of saying that as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish, so he would be in the tomb in Matthew 12:40. It was the only sign of His Messiahship. Yahshua was the most righteous person this world has ever seen and He took the Bible literally. It's when we don't take the Bible literally when we become immoral. When we explain away the necessity of keeping Yahweh's commandments then we truly become foolish. When we subject ourselves to situation ethics and not uphold Yahweh's Law as something that should be upheld in every instance of our life, even to death, we make compromises that will destroy our spiritual life. Yahweh's Kingdom will be a Kingdom of such light and beauty because the Laws of Yahweh will be upheld and if we do not practice law-keeping now, we won't be able to comprehend what living the Kingdom way of life actually means and never be allowed entrance in to His Kingdom.

I don't dictate my terms to Yahweh. I obey Him. Neither do I force Yahweh to do something for me. Whenever I pray, I ask respectfully always praying if it be Yahweh's will that He do this for me or that. We are His creation. As such, we mold Himself ourselves to His Will, just as a vessel in the hand of a potter, so we allow Yahweh to make from us, the clay, a vessel suitable for His use (Jeremiah 18:4, Romans 9:20-21).

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I didn't say legal immigration, I said ILLEGAL immigration, and I understand what that is very well, thanks.
Well when you hear stories about thousands or tens of thousands of "illegal immigrants" crossing the border, do you ever wonder how many of those are legal refugees or asylum seekers? How many of those have actually been found guilty of a crime by a court? Does the principle of innocent until proven guilty apply to immigrants or does that only apply to U.S. citizens?

I am not being naive here. I realize that the vast majority of asylum seekers do not have a valid asylum case, but should that be adjudicated by a court before you call them illegal aliens?

Firenze

Premium Member
I'm struck by the fact that there has been no discussion of the 400,000 or so Canadians that are currently here illegally - their visas having long expired. I mean, white illegals should be just as much a concern as brown and black ones..... right?

wellwisher

The problem was that bill did not close the border, and there was no guarantee to prevent Biden from reneging on the spirit of the bill and using the allotted money in the wrong way. He and the DNC has already ignore the laws on the books and had committed the US to a huge cost; $100 Billion plus debt, he was not authorized to do, by breaking the laws on the books. Biden made a mess and he and DNC need to pay at the election box.

If a bill was passed and Biden again ignores the law, would you vote for Trump? Or is the scam the goal? Watch and see.

The Democrat Leaders are dumb and crooked as a stump, and always create more problems than they solve. Open borders sounds so nice and heart felt, but now the problems are causing even sanctuary states to feel overloaded. Typically once the newest knucklehead problems get unbearable, the knuckleheads depend on the more practical minded Republicans, to bail them out. The RNC does not want them to compound the problem even worse, such as overload their schools and shelters, so now even minority citizens are being distressed.

ObamaCare would have gone belly up, if the Republican did not fix it. The Democrats were floundering and were ready for single payer or Government run health care, that would have compound the debt even worse, while lowering standards. The Republicans had no choice but fix the mess with a free market solution to avoid another wasteful Bureaucracy; socialize medicine.

Trump does not wish to bail out the knuckleheads, unless they do it right, the first time, and not just make a future money pit full of compounding problems; kick the can open the road to get through an election with less political damage. It is better for everyone to see the knuckleheads in action, and then Trump can show his way and we can compare apples to rotten apples.

My hope is when Trump wins, he does not bail out sanctuary states and cities, just the border states who were not sanctuary. The sanctuary cites and states brought this on themselves, for a political stunt; virtue signal to pretend caring to buy votes. They never expected Biden to strap them with any of the burden. They did not anticipate Governor Abbot passing his imposed burden forward. The boneheads are now overwhelmed and the DNC is now bleeding minority votes to Trump. The knuckleheads are still too stupid and too crooked, to even see how their stunts for votes impact real people, including the exploited immigrants; sex slaves, child labor, and drug cartels enforcing their bloody laws.

Reparations is another knucklehead stunt; buying votes with promises. When the election is over, either way, and they stop the con job, there may be inner city riots. The knuckleheads will try to pass the buck, or get bailed out. Trump should tell the Blacks that the DNC is still the very exploitive company that wanted to create a slave country; Civil War, South and Western USA. They should sue DNC Inc., then in civil courts, and that his Justice Department will help, by charging all the DNC fraudsters, to make the Black Civil case easier.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Children have little carnal natures which they also must overcome. King David, although undoubtedly obedient to his parents - else wouldn't be chosen by Yahweh to lead His people Israel - says in Psalm 25:7 "Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Yahweh, are good." I can recall my own childhood, perhaps you yourself can recall in yours, that just like King David we haven't always been fully obedient, perhaps sometimes we have rebelled against our parents wishes. I know with myself I was a very obedient child when I lived at my parents house because I feared Yahweh's commandments. To the point that other siblings would come to me to resolve arguments and disputes in the absence of my parents. Nonetheless, when giving my life extra scrutiny I know they were times when that I think perhaps I could have improved, especially when I was very young when I was given to tantrums when I didn't get my own way. That attitude had to be corrected and it was by corporal punishment.

Children can be set on a course for good, or for evil. You can prove this by reading Psalm 127:4 which tells us children are like arrows which can be directed to hit a certain target. If one gets in the bad attitude of a rebellious attitude as a young person and that attitude is not corrected, if the parents do not correct such an evil attitude, then when they become adults there is a good chance that attitude will solidify and nothing will change the heart and mind of that person. When our heart is tender, when it is young, it is then when the commandments of Yahweh can have maximum effect and these good practices can be with us all the way up to our death (Proverbs 22:6).
The social sciences do a vastly better job at observing and describing child behavior, and then developing ways to better raise them. Today we understand that brain development is important, and that there are chemical imbalances and/or genetic flaws that cause bad behaviors. None of those who wrote the Bible understood any of this.

None of your reply answers my question if it had occurred to you that Hebrews wrote the rules for harsh treatment of children who misbehave.
That's what Satan would have you believe.
There is no Satan known to exist, so irrelevant. This is the problem for those seeking real answers to real life by using religious belief and texts. Believers can use ideology and texts for social tradition and meaning, but not for real answers. We see the worst with creationists who deliberately reject science for flawed interpretations of the Bible.
He is just thrilled to hear statements like this. You indeed have a mighty one (elohim) that you worship. We all do. Whether that's science, or ourselves, our wives, our children, money, materialism, our jobs, lust for power, fame, or for false wisdom - whatever we place ahead of Yahweh is our Mighty One. If Yahweh did not exist, you wouldn't exist. Simple. None of us would. Yahweh is light (1 John 1:5) and the absence of light is darkness, emptiness and nothing. I know that Yahweh exists. I believe 100% that Yahweh exists and He has manifested Himself in my life, even as a youth. I understand that my experiences have very little chance of persuading you, so let's consider scientifically the proposal for life on this earth as you next go on to say they are natural explanations for life on this planet. Do you really think that a big bang, 13.8 billion years ago, brought the universe into existence and initially produced hydrogen, the simplest chemical element; hydrogen then evolved into other chemical elements—and eventually people. It's the most silliest "unnatural" explanation there is, yet you gravitate towards it not because it is logical by any means and surely you can see that, but because you don't want to believe in a Creator. When we reject any part of Yahweh's Word, we reject wisdom and sorry to say, we become foolish. You could write thousands of scientific papers to propose how this Big Bang could've created life, but ultimately it boils down utter garbage.

Have you read the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 1:21: "For seeing that in the wisdom of Yahweh the world through its wisdom knew not Yahweh, it was Yahweh’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe."

It's Yahweh's pleasure to put to shame those that are "wise" and to exalt those who are "foolish". Just as in the case of King David and Goliath, King David had no real fighting experience, yet he was able to subdue and kill Goliath, someone who was trained in the martial arts from his youth. This glorifies Yahweh because we are relying upon Him as the source of our help and not upon our own power, wisdom or might. This is a lesson you will have to learn if you want entrance in to Yahweh's Kingdom because we have to exercise faith in Yahweh despite the odds. The so called natural explanations that you refer to require insurmountable measures of time which gives free rein for scientists to propose the more idiotic of excuses as to why a Creator is not necessary for creation because none of these proposals can actually be proven, except by faulty scientific reasoning.
None of this is relevant as an argument. It's not factual. It's all religious interpretation, and to my understanding bordering on rule violation for preaching.
Indeed, ancient myths exist. The Bible is not an ancient myth. Everything in the Bible can be relied upon as true and actually, even in encyclopedias, the Bible is referred to as a reliable source of what happened in our past and is used as a reference to determine what happened in our past. Last week, my dad had given me the task of looking up and researching the individual Obed-Edom and I was pleasantly surprised that even on Wikipedia, events occurring in the Bible were written as a matter of fact, which did actually happen. No other Book, none of the myths which exist, have that kind of authority. The Bible can be relied upon because it is accurate.

Psalm 33:4 says: "For the word of Yahweh is right and true; he is faithful in all he does."

The evidence is that each one of us has a brain and Yahweh expects us to use it.
Again, you are referring to a character in the Bible, not a factual entity. Feel free to demonstrate Yahweh exists, or any God for that matter. Then you can refer to it as real.
I don't know what evidence would persuade you of a Creator, I really don't.
Then why are you pretending one exists in your comments? Facts will convince me, and any other critical thinker. It's the same thing that works in logic. That works in court. As it is human lore incliudes over 200 creator gods, including your version. These all come from ancient people trying to make sense of their lives and the universe without science. Today none of this lore, or their gods, describes reality.
You cannot go through life treating truth as a Rubin's vase (sometimes known as the Rubin face or the figure–ground vase)? It is a famous example of ambiguous or bi-stable (i.e., reversing) two-dimensional forms developed around 1915 by the Danish psychologist Edgar Rubin where we are both looking at the same image, but both of us may see different things, either the two faces, or the vase and neither can condemn the other for seeing what they see as both images we see are completely legitimate. There is a wrong way of approaching life and a right way. There is a wrong way of approaching the Bible and a right way.
You are appealing to a psychological ploy here, not providing evidence. And notice you imply it's you that has correct perception, and others are incorrect. Couldn't it be that others, like myself, are correct and you are wrong in your belief?

One thing you likely don't understand about this example is how it explains the tendency that humans perceive patterns, and look for patterns to make sense of the environment. These are the sort of biases that objective methods like science try to avoid.
Romans 1 says:
"20 For since the creation of the world Yahweh’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and heavenly nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew Yahweh, they neither glorified him as Yahweh nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal Yahweh for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles."

Yahweh is seen through the love and beauty of His Works - what He has made and I'm not just talking about natural things such as animals, trees, insects, birds, even humans, but His most prized possession Yahshua the Messiah, who was a perfect spiritual Being while walking on this earth.
This is more preaching. There is no argument here.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
That's laughable. What do the Scriptures say?
I wrote "Your beliefs are irrelevant, and we don't care. Where is the evidence that your beliefs are rational and based on fact?"

What's laughable? And using scripture to counter my assertion that your religious beliefs are irrelevant to reality is still not releevant. You cite scripture but fail to explain how it is relevant to non-believers like myself. I don't assign meaning to the Bible, nor your interpretation of it, nor your personal beliefs. Where is your claim, your evidence that it's true, and then your argument? All you're doing is staing your beliefs as it they are objectively true.
If you don't care about your salvation, you alone will be the one who has to suffer for it.
Here is your claim, where is the evidence that salvation is a real thing? Where is the evidence that people are actually harmed by not believing as you do?
You will find out at the Judgement Seat how real the Bible is, but it is my hope that people can come to this realization before it is too late.
This is a direct rules violation. Again, you make your claim, but no evidence and no argument.
A haphazardly cobbled together theory is all you have in the theory of evolution, yet you point the finger to question my beliefs.
False, the theory of evolution is based on a massive amount of evidence, and there is no alternative. It's even aclled a unifying theory because it is consistent with theories in geology, cosmology, chemistry, physics, etc. All the science support evolution.
I have thousands of years of wisdom going back from the time of the first humans to back up what I believe.
Your beliefs were wise 2000 years ago, but are outdated today.
You have a theory which is a few hundreds years old, yet you make yourself to be wise when in actuality, the theory of evolution takes the mechanism of microevolution and applies it to something completely different, macroevolution. Humans have always been human. There has been no evolution from bacteria to the life that we have today over a span of billions of years. You have nothing to back your claims except a lot of wishful thinking.
Your beliefs don't add up against evidence and science. If you can't get science right then your claims are inevitably flawed. This forum is full of believers who get shown how incorrect their religious beliefs are when they go against conclusions in science. And as I noted, we don't care what you believe, we need evidence and a coherent argument.
I'm not the authority. Yahweh who commanded these Laws is the authority. Yahweh's heavenly nature is contained in these wonderful Laws and He is with those that are obedient. And it doesn't end with me. They are brethren and sisters in the faith who are also observing these Laws as well as a long list of righteous people down through the ages who also observed Yahweh's Laws and will receive their reward of a place in Yahweh's Kingdom when Yahshua returns. If you don't want to believe in Yahweh, Yahweh's Law, His Son, fine, but again, that is something you will be brought in to account with at the Judgement Seat. If you cannot see the good in Yahweh's Law, or in Yahshua, the Word made flesh, then you really are blind and you need to pray, study and apply the Word until you get to a point where you can see clearly. Yahweh is with His people. You can be assured of that.
Yahweh isn't known to exist, so irrelevant. Feel free to demonstrate that Yahweh, or any god exists, then you can make valid assertions.
His Name is Yahweh.
And he was a tribal war god, one of numerous gods in old Caananite lore, including Baal, and even had a wife named Ashera. These other gods were eliminated and/or merged with the Yahweh god as time went on, and Hebrews bacame monotheistic. Notice how Genesis refers to multiple gods, for example how it says man is made in our image.
It seems hypocritical that you demand not to make assumptions in my opinion, since the theory of evolution and the ideas formulated around it are based on numerous assumptions, assumptions based in that of a distant past where it just so happens no-one was around to witness. One of those nonsensical assumptions is that preserved remains take about 10,000 years to fossilize. You know what I think. I think it's nonsense and doesn't take in to fact the many fossils we have discovered of organisms doing a certain activity such as eating, while fossilized. Scientists say there was a pitter patter of dust and sediment over centuries on these undisturbed organisms which led to the fossilization of these organisms, yet how likely is that really? Noah's Flood occurred and there is plenty of evidence for the flood if you were but to look for it. Fossilization is proof of rapid burial and most fossils were undoubtedly resulted from the flood. I mean you would have to be really blind to not see the correlation between the most profusely fossilized organisms (ammonites; bivalves; trilobites; belemnites; brachiopods; corals and crinoids) and the flood which occurred.
You need to get science right, then you can present any challenges to it. Non-experts are always overruled by experts in science.
Firstly, you are making the ill-advised assumption that nothing bad is happening to wicked people. Wicked people have their fair share of problems, believe me. And if Yahweh hasn't come down with judgement as forcefully as He could have, it's because He is exercising His great lovingkindness and mercy. He has shown you mercy, and all those who disbelieve in not coming down upon them in judgements as He could have:

2 Peter 3:9

"Yahweh is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Romans 2:4

"Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of Yahweh leadeth thee to repentance?"
I don't know what you think wicked people are. For all I know you think I am wicked for not being convinced your beliefs are true and valid. Do bad things hapven to people? Yup. Children and young moms develop cancers and die even though they are not "wicked" nor deserve it. Meanwhile we see truly evil people like putin who lives on and on. No doubt people like putin and Trump cause their own problems and surely exprience loads of stress as a result. Their health will surely suffer due to their wickedness. I just hope that nature takes its course sooner rather than later for the sake of global democracies and freedom.
There will be a time for judgement and that time is coming.
I'm not convinced. I've heard this threat since I was a kid and it never sounded true to me. Where's the evidence? Do you remember the Hal Lyndsey book The Late Great planet Earth? It came out in the 70's and was a big seller. He made all sorts of predictions of nuclear war coming in the 80's. He scared the hell out of a lot of people, and guess what? He was dead wrong. He even wrote a follow up book that made excuses why he got it wrong, and complete with more wrong predicitions. Christians just never learn.

Look at all the End Time predictions that never came true:

I'm not entirely sure how you can possibly come to that conclusion.
Well for example it was Baptists who were the holdouts for slavery in the USA, and they used the Bible to justify it. It was Catholics and Lutherans who committed the Holocaust. The KKK was formed as a Christian organization and they murdered black citizens for seeking freedom and democracy. Today it is Christian nationalists who support an ex-president who broke laws by caging migrants in inhumane conditions, and continue to dehumanize these people with political rhetoric, much like the Nazis did before the Holocuast.

These, among other examples, is how I came to the conclusion that being Christian does not mean a person is automatically moral. So explain why these immoral actions and beliefs happened with the Bible, Jesus, and salvation at work in the world.
Let's look to Yahshua for our example. He took the Bible literally, even to the point of saying that as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish, so he would be in the tomb in Matthew 12:40. It was the only sign of His Messiahship. Yahshua was the most righteous person this world has ever seen and He took the Bible literally. It's when we don't take the Bible literally when we become immoral. When we explain away the necessity of keeping Yahweh's commandments then we truly become foolish. When we subject ourselves to situation ethics and not uphold Yahweh's Law as something that should be upheld in every instance of our life, even to death, we make compromises that will destroy our spiritual life. Yahweh's Kingdom will be a Kingdom of such light and beauty because the Laws of Yahweh will be upheld and if we do not practice law-keeping now, we won't be able to comprehend what living the Kingdom way of life actually means and never be allowed entrance in to His Kingdom.

I don't dictate my terms to Yahweh. I obey Him. Neither do I force Yahweh to do something for me. Whenever I pray, I ask respectfully always praying if it be Yahweh's will that He do this for me or that. We are His creation. As such, we mold Himself ourselves to His Will, just as a vessel in the hand of a potter, so we allow Yahweh to make from us, the clay, a vessel suitable for His use (Jeremiah 18:4, Romans 9:20-21).
This isn't an argument, this is yet another statement of belief. None of this explains how Christians are moral for being Christian. This is what I wrote: "It's not as if following the Bible literally has made any Christian moral. Morality is often a very difficult issue where there is no absolute answer. How do believers solve moral problems in a perfect way? They don't. I do see believers decide that their God must agree with them, and they use their idea of God as window dressing as some kind of authority that the believer doesn't have themselves."

Show evidence that I am wrong here.

Last edited: