• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Story of Job- God's Bet With the Devil

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
this is where your wrong

Im not making definate conclusions, I personaly dont think the bible was a non fictional conclusion.

Im now asking you for sources and information to back your side of this debate? :shrug:

show me, im open to change
By the way, since this has pretty much nothing to do with the meaning of Job, could we move this boredom to another thread?

outhouse

Atheistically
By the way, since this has pretty much nothing to do with the meaning of Job, could we move this boredom to another thread?

it has everything to do with this fable

im demonstrating not to take this fable literally as many are doing because its one of many fables or fiction, in my opinion.

show me, im open to change.

smokydot

i believe it was YOU that said that the story of job was "symbolic".
your words "Why would I assume the Word of God written does not mean what it says?"
I would have said it was a type, a pattern for Jesus, which in no way denotes the text is not literal.
The Scriptures which serve as types or patterns are literal.

Last edited: