• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

crystalonyx

The effect of the eternal hell belief is rabid, doing far more damage and no good at all. Consider this; if we have allowed this demonic " spiritually decorated" belief into our belief system, just how many more such infestations exist in our errant view of scripture? Readers have taken hell, or the grave, the old terminology for the burning pit they used to exterminate dead people in, a hole in the ground, to mean that God will roast humans forever inside of an eternal pain amphliphier, and have installed this rediculus belief into the physce of many believers, and unbelievers as well.

It makes no sense when senseless beliefs rule in religion. And that is also a sign that religion is becomming worthless.

Peace.

It is amazing what normally sane people will accept as their beliefs when its part of their "tradition".

mickiel

It is amazing what normally sane people will accept as their beliefs when its part of their "tradition".

Oh yes, truly amazing, and it really insults the characther of God and destroys his image. Errant views of God distort the intrest of unbelievers who would otherwise believe. But because of these morbid views many believers have, it kind of " Closes the door of the Kingdom", or limit Gods atonement toward humanity. This is the real evil behind many believers doctrines. They are doctrines that target humanity, condemns humans, and gives distorted views of God.

Doctrines such as the " Curse of the thites", people actually believing that God will curse them if they do not give him 10 percent of their income. And they conversely believe that God will bless them if they give him 10 percent of their income. Blessings and curses that are based on money, and whole ministries have been birthed from this horrid belief. Why in the world of sanity would God put a curse on someone for not giving him money? What does this say about a powerful being who would do something rediculus like that? But many believers have swallowed this into their belief.

Peace.

mickiel

The sick concept of eternal hell suffering reveals even more the condition of believers and how far their belief will go. To the point of mental sickness, believing doctrines that are really morbid and sick. We go past sanity because our need to punish ourselves is insane. Our need to punish others is sick.

The whole head of humanity is sick, the heart faint. From the sole of his foot to his head, there is no soundness there.

Peace.

danny vee

Ok mickiel I think you're exaggerating a bit here. Punishing others is not a part of religion. God has mercy and loves us, and that's why I'm not sure hell exists. I think it's more of a parable really. It could be that the more we sin the farther we get from God and a life without God could be described as hell.

mickiel

No , No, belief in hell itself is the exaggeration, its a whole belief of believers who do not know what they are believing. Through tradition they have accepted this arcane belief. All of us are without God, God is not on this planet. Some believers have hypnotised themselves into believing that God is here, but reality itself and earths history is the evidence that he is not here.

I don't know when he will come, but I certainly know he is not here now.

All we have is hope, and this hell belief is not the hope the bible teaches.

Peace.

Mulder

In reference to the above, let's face it: the truth is relative. If a human being is given enough reasons to believe something (unless he's a closed-minded idiot) it will eat at him inside until he realizes that if the concepts he's warring with himself over make sense, it could be the truth.

danny vee

No , No, belief in hell itself is the exaggeration, its a whole belief of believers who do not know what they are believing. Through tradition they have accepted this arcane belief. All of us are without God, God is not on this planet. Some believers have hypnotised themselves into believing that God is here, but reality itself and earths history is the evidence that he is not here.

I don't know when he will come, but I certainly know he is not here now.

All we have is hope, and this hell belief is not the hope the bible teaches.

Peace.

What do you mean by Earth's history being evidence that he is not here?

logician

Even the supposed Jesus said "blessed are those that have not seen, yet believe", i.e. Christianity does NOT want questioning belivers, but unquestioned faith.

mickiel

What do you mean by Earth's history being evidence that he is not here?

Where God is, there is Love , Joy and Peace and Happiness. And these in Perfection. And there is no Sin around God. This is absolute proof that God is not on earth, and has never been since Eden.

But its hard to accept this truth, if one has their head in a " Spiritual Bubble."

Peace.

danny vee

Where God is, there is Love , Joy and Peace and Happiness. And these in Perfection. And there is no Sin around God. This is absolute proof that God is not on earth, and has never been since Eden.

But its hard to accept this truth, if one has their head in a " Spiritual Bubble."

Peace.

Perhaps you are correct. But how do you know that God has never come, and that people have never felt His presence? For there are a lot of people who say they have indeed felt God's presence.

mickiel

Perhaps you are correct. But how do you know that God has never come, and that people have never felt His presence? For there are a lot of people who say they have indeed felt God's presence.

I never said that people do not " Feel" Gods presence, people feel all kinds of things. Jesus has come to earth, but not God, and Jesus left after 33 years. And he has not returned. The reason why God sent the Holy Spirit to earth, is BECAUSE he himself is not here. It represents God, but it is not God.

The atmosphere of earth will have to be totally cleansed before God himself will appear.

Our desires and beliefs cannot place God where he is not.

Peace.

danny vee

Like all man-gods, we have to assume the Jesus story is a myth.

Surely you can't be doubting the fact that Jesus existed on Earth?!?! And what do you mean by we "have to assume?" Why do we have to assume anything? We shouldn't be forced to think or assume in any way we don't want.

danny vee

I never said that people do not " Feel" Gods presence, people feel all kinds of things. Jesus has come to earth, but not God, and Jesus left after 33 years. And he has not returned. The reason why God sent the Holy Spirit to earth, is BECAUSE he himself is not here. It represents God, but it is not God.

The atmosphere of earth will have to be totally cleansed before God himself will appear.

Our desires and beliefs cannot place God where he is not.

Peace.

So what you're basically doing, is trying to prove that Jesus is not God. Why? This can't be proved. Or if you think the contrary, please do, try to explain why Jesus was not God. Why Paul didn't really see a resurrected Jesus, and change completely. And if you doubt that he saw Jesus and was indeed changed completely, read 1Corinthians 15:1-10, Galatians 1:11-14, Galatians 2:2, and 1Corinthians 9:1. And please do explain why the apostles would be lying. Why people died for something you say wasn't even true. Why people kept it up, for you cannot deny that the apostles believed Jesus was the Son of God. They died for their faith. They died for what they heard and saw. For nothing you say? For something I say.

crystalonyx

Surely you can't be doubting the fact that Jesus existed on Earth?!?! And what do you mean by we "have to assume?" Why do we have to assume anything? We shouldn't be forced to think or assume in any way we don't want.

I assume all man-god stories are myths unless back by a good deal of hard historical evidence. The Jesus story simply isn't.

danny vee

I assume all man-god stories are myths unless back by a good deal of hard historical evidence. The Jesus story simply isn't.

Ok, this probably isn't the right forum for this, but please do, support your statement. And answer the questions I posed in my post to Mickiel while your at it.

Mulder

The same is true with any other religion... except scientology. That one's just kind of strange( no offense).