• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I believe the Biblical record states that He was around for 40 years after His resurrection so it is possible He was still around in 70AD before ascending but hat wouldn't have been His second coming.
Yes, the second coming is coming....soon.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What are you going on about?
We were talking about the spiritual transformation of Jesus, and I was trying to explain that the 'path' to God is not in words, it is an inner transformation that takes place due to loving of God with all your heart, soul and mind, and is not necessarily due to one's belief. The straight and narrow path that leads to salvation requires the aspirant to give all to realize it, and eschew dogmatic beliefs about it. Are you doing this?

sooda

Veteran Member
We were talking about the spiritual transformation of Jesus, and I was trying to explain that the 'path' to God is not in words, it is an inner transformation that takes place due to loving of God with all your heart, soul and mind, and is not necessarily due to one's belief. The straight and narrow path that leads to salvation requires the aspirant to give all to realize it, and eschew dogmatic beliefs about it. Are you doing this?
I am absolutely at peace with God.

i

Faithofchristian

Yes, the second coming is coming....soon.

Have you any idea about when the second coming of Jesus is to happen and what brings about Jesus Christ second coming
What are the sequence of events that lead up to the second coming of Christ Jesus.
In the book of Revelation.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Sooda, I am pleased to hear that. I must say though that my own experience is that the other part that goes with the straight and narrow path is also true, it is very difficult and fraught with trials and tribulations. Imho, without these challenges, there would be no transformation, it is one thing to experience love when all is going well, it's another when life doles out adverse karmic retribution. Mostly these trials though serve the main purpose of bringing about humility, for the aspirant is likely to feel that because they are 'chosen', they are more special to God, which in some way is not altogether wrong, but at the end of the straight and narrow path, absolute humility is essential, like Jesus, for he who would be first will be last, and he who is last will be first.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Have you any idea about when the second coming of Jesus is to happen and what brings about Jesus Christ second coming
What are the sequence of events that lead up to the second coming of Christ Jesus.
In the book of Revelation.
Yes, it will happen when it happens. If one is familiar with the prophecy of Daniel and Revelation, many of the prerequisite events and changes in the context of the world's relationship (or lack thereof) towards God have already happened. One can tell when the fig tree is ready for harvest...

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes, it will happen when it happens. If one is familiar with the prophecy of Daniel and Revelation, many of the prerequisite events and changes in the context of the world's relationship (or lack thereof) towards God have already happened. One can tell when the fig tree is ready for harvest...

You do know that the fig tree bears fruit twice in a season.

sooda

Veteran Member

Daniel wasn't a prophet.. He was a character in popular Canaanite writings. The Hebrews borrowed him and wrote a sloppy, inaccurate history of Babylon. (He was never there) .. and they finished the writings in the time of the Maccabean Revolt.

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes, that is why the second time is the called the second coming.. :D

Jesus was very clear about who the letter was addressed to and when it would happen. Tim Lahaye and Hal Lindsey don't care about that.

Faithofchristian

So what your actually saying is, that you haven't a clue or idea about the sequence of events that brings about the second coming of Christ Jesus.

The second coming of Christ Jesus can not happen until the last Prophecy in the book of Revelation happens first.

When this last prophecy happens the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns, but not until the last Prophecy of Revelation happens first.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Daniel wasn't a prophet.. He was a character in popular Canaanite writings. The Hebrews borrowed him and wrote a sloppy, inaccurate history of Babylon. (He was never there) .. and they finished the writings in the time of the Maccabean Revolt.
Here we go again, there is always a contrarian viewpoint on subjects and conceptions thereof, religion is no exception. That is why I eschew dogmatic views, i have studied Daniel and I have own understanding as revealed so far, I still read parts as events unfold on the planet, but I don't have a fixed view on precisely what will happen. if you set up in your mind that which you believe to be true against that which you believe to be not true, your mind is divided and will be always in a state of disturbance. A house divided can not stand. The Cosmos is One, any and all distinctions of the apparent aspects that constitute the One are purely mental, always keep that as an underlying truth and you will not get lost. Thy Lord God is One.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So what your actually saying is, that you haven't a clue or idea about the sequence of events that brings about the second coming of Christ Jesus.

The second coming of Christ Jesus can not happen until the last Prophecy in the book of Revelation happens first.

When this last prophecy happens the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns, but not until the last Prophecy of Revelation happens first.
Ok, don't keep me in suspense, what is the last prophecy in Revelation that must happen first?

sooda

Veteran Member
Sorry, what letter is that again and to whom was it addressed?

Revelation is a letter addressed to 7 churches.

the-seven-churches-of-revelation.jpg

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Revelation is a letter addressed to 7 churches.
And who knows for certain what the essence of these letters mean, there are as many opinions as there are scholars who proffer their ideas. So let's take the seventh letter to Laodicea, what does it mean to you, that's what is important, not some theologians belief, though naturally we study what others say in the prerequisite process of gaining deeper understanding, but ultimately God will reveal the truth directly when and if we have realized an appropriate state of worthiness.

sooda

Veteran Member
And who knows for certain what the essence of these letters mean, there are as many opinions as there are scholars who proffer their ideas. So let's take the seventh letter to Laodicea, what does it mean to you, that's what is important, not some theologians belief, though naturally we study what others say in the prerequisite process of gaining deeper understanding, but ultimately God will reveal the truth directly when and if we have realized an appropriate state of worthiness.

Its just not that complicated. He addressed the 7 churches.

the-seven-churches-of-revelation.jpg

The letter was originally a Jewish writing without Jesus or the Apostles. Apocryphal literature was VERY popular for about 300 years.

Faithofchristian

Ok, don't keep me in suspense, what is the last prophecy in Revelation that must happen first?

You can find it in Revelation chapter 11.
When God's two witnesses are killed and then after 3 1/2 days God calls them back up to heaven and then Christ Jesus returns.

This prophecy has to happen first, before Christ Jesus can return.
That when this last prophecy happens the tribulation is over and Christ Jesus returns.

sooda

Veteran Member
You can find it in Revelation chapter 11.
When God's two witnesses are killed and then after 3 1/2 days God calls them back up to heaven and then Christ Jesus returns.

This prophecy has to happen first, before Christ Jesus can return.
That when this last prophecy happens the tribulation is over and Christ Jesus returns.

The tribulation ended in August of 70 AD.