• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming of Christ

DavidFirth

So when is the end of the world? According to the Bible

Mark 13:32

Matthew 24:36

This is why Bible believers know that predictions of a date and time have no merit.

Read all of Matthew 24 for Jesus' in depth analysis of the signs of the coming of the end of the world.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Mark 13:32

Matthew 24:36

This is why Bible believers know that predictions of a date and time have no merit.

Read all of Matthew 24 for Jesus' in depth analysis of the signs of the coming of the end of the world.
Grief, that book again.
As I atheist I read most of the NT in my youth and selected bits of the OT
At school we studied Mark in depth and had exams on it.

That experience confirmed me as an atheists

DavidFirth

Grief, that book again.
As I atheist I read most of the NT in my youth and selected bits of the OT
At school we studied Mark in depth and had exams on it.

That experience confirmed me as an atheists

Well, you did ask, "according to the Bible." I just gave you the answer you asked for.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
True.

And as always the answer is open to any interpretation you like

that isn't untypical of any book, subject, or data.

reality is a rorschach test and a personality is the result.

unfortunately some personalities think that there's is the only right personification of reality. obviously they don't realize that there's is just another form of many of the same innate/active qualities of others.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hmm, I'd disagree, it is a test that is hardly reliable itself anyway
a rorschach test is reliable in that it reflects the inner reality of a person. they are just ink blots and don't have any other reality to them. the observer might project their limited inner world onto them. there is an observer observing the other observer. there is the self observing the other as self.

if both do not see eye to eye, then one or both of the observers has a possible faulty ability to perceive. they are just ink blots that have no real subjective meaning.

Altfish

Veteran Member
a rorschach test is reliable in that it reflects the inner reality of a person. they are just ink blots and don't have any other reality to them. the observer might project their limited inner world onto them. there is an observer observing the other observer. there is the self observing the other as self.

if both do not see eye to eye, then one or both of the observers has a possible faulty ability to perceive. they are just ink blots that have no real subjective meaning.
Very debatable that it is reliable...
Jones v Apfel (1997) stated (quoting from Attorney's Textbook of Medicine) that Rorschach "results do not meet the requirements of standardization, reliability, or validity of clinical diagnostic tests, and interpretation thus is often controversial".

Milton Platt

Divine inspiration of course! :p But I did say it was re-interpretation of the story - of course I haven't a f****ng clue what the writer of the story really meant - I am stating how someone in the 21st century might interpret it intelligently if they wanted to. Or, alternatively, you can ignore the fact that humans have had a propensity for 'spiritual experiences' - probably for longer than we have been human and just poo-poo the whole lot. Perfectly rational - not very satisfying in my ever so humble opinion. Everything we know about reality is a story anyway - because it comes from a brain that has made up a story about this "I" that is not itself. "I" don't see why someone could not have an "I" that happens to be much, much bigger than the arbitrary and conventional "I". Do you?

Clear on that, thanks.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Very debatable that it is reliable...
Jones v Apfel (1997) stated (quoting from Attorney's Textbook of Medicine) that Rorschach "results do not meet the requirements of standardization, reliability, or validity of clinical diagnostic tests, and interpretation thus is often controversial".

its still used but i know the

Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory among professionals is more popular.