• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The resurrection of Jesus.

nasir931

Dear Sniper here you are only quoting a verse you are not understanding its referense to context
If you can't find its reference to context i will guide you about what and whom these verses are all about

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I READ until i came to this verse pertaining to unbelievers

2-191. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out;​

THIS IS NOT MY BELIEF IN HOW TO DEAL WITH NONBELIEVERS OF MY FAITH

You have to know the historical context that was written in. If you don't, sure, it doesn't look very good (especially if you take it out of context and ignore rest of the Quran).

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I just spent about half an hour reading through a little more than 10 pages of debate (as well as responding to a couple of posts). I think that some here have a lot of miss understanding.

Kingdombuilder- No one is denying that some of the Gospels were written before 90 C.E. It is generally agreed that Mark was written around 70 C.E. (I personally put it at possibly a year earlier, but it really doesn't effect anything). You trying to prove this is a waste of your time, because scholars agree that Gospels were written as early as 70 C.E.

More so, no one is saying that Paul did not witness Jesus at all or at least thought he did. However, that was the resurrected Jesus. Paul was not an eyewitness to the events that are in the Gospels. That is what is being stated. Paul never knew Jesus before he was crucified. Paul never knew the historical Jesus. All that he knew was the resurrected Jesus.

As for the Quran, it does offer an interesting idea about Jesus's and his death (which I would say predates the Quran considerably); however, it isn't the best source for this case. The reason being that it was written hundreds of years after the event, by people who were in no way connected to what happened. Also, it really isn't logical. The reason being that the soldiers would have been able to distinguish who Jesus was. They would have kept an eye on him. And he would have been known simply by his appearance. As in he was a bloody mess that someone wouldn't have been able to switch places with unless they were beaten with the same severity.

nasir931

Dear Sniper first of all is that verses of chapter 2 are of the same referense to cotext from 2-190 to 2-193 You have to see their meaning jointly
I will provide you the history of these verses shortly.
2-190. Fight in the Cause of Allah, those who fight you, but do not transgress limits;
for Allah loveth not transgressors.

2-191. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out;
for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter
but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque(Kaba Present in Saudi Arabia), unless they (first) fight you there;
but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

2-192. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

2-193. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah;
but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

nasir931

Dear sniper here are more to share with you about these verses, the verse of Qur'an you quoted and i quoted you for more referense are for war circumstances only if muslim community is threatened or hostiled and still any muslim can't go for a war simply saying that he is threatened and that's why he is going to kill some body.

Glory on Quran in which Allah(GOD) Described the value of life here are some references for you;
The Glorious Qur’an says: (…take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.) (Al-An`am 6: 151)

Islam considers all life forms as sacred. However, the sanctity of human life is accorded a special place. The first and the foremost basic right of a human being is the right to live. Allah says in the Qur’an says: (… if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.) (Al-Ma’idah 5: 32)

"In the light of Quran Muhammed(PBUH) Told the muslims the ethics for a war which are described below"
The Ethics of War

Even in a state of war, Islam enjoins that one deals with the enemy nobly in the battlefield. Islam has drawn a clear line of distinction between the combatants and the non-combatants of the enemy country. As far as the non-combatant population is concerned such as women, children, the old and the infirm, etc., the instructions of the Prophet are as follows: "Do not kill any old person, any child or any woman.” (Reported by Abu Dawud) "Do not kill the monks in monasteries" (Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal)

During a war, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) saw the corpse of a woman lying on the ground and observed: "She was not fighting. How then she came to be killed?" Thus non-combatants are guaranteed security of life even if their state is at war with an Islamic state.

Jihad

While Islam in general is misunderstood in the western world, perhaps no other Islamic term evokes such strong reactions as the word ‘Jihad’. The term ‘Jihad’ has been much abused, to conjure up bizarre images of violent Muslims, forcing people to submit at the point of the sword. This myth was perpetuated throughout the centuries of mistrust during and after the Crusades. Unfortunately, it survives to this day.

The word Jihad comes from the root word iahada, which means to struggle. So Jihad is literally an act of struggling. Jihad primarily refers to the inner struggle of being a person of virtue and submission to God in all aspects of life.

Secondarily, Jihad refers to struggle against injustice. Islam, like many other religions, allows for armed self-defense, or retribution against tyranny, exploitation, and oppression. The Glorious Qur’an says: (And why should ye not fight in the cause of God and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)? Men, women, and children, whose cry is: ‘Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!) (Aal-`Imran 3: 75)

Thus, Islam enjoins upon its believers to strive their utmost in purifying themselves, as well as in establishing peace and justice in the society. A Muslim can never be at rest when he sees injustice and oppression around him. As Martin Luther King Jr. said: “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.”

Islam enjoins upon all Muslims to work actively to maintain the balance in which God created everything. However, regardless of how legitimate the cause may be, the Glorious Qur’an never condones the killing of innocent people. Terrorizing the civilian population can never be termed as Jihad, and can never be reconciled with the teachings of Islam.

History of Tolerance

Even Western scholars have repudiated the myth of Muslims coercing others to convert. The great historian De Lacy O'Leary wrote: "History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims, sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated.” (Islam At Crossroads, London, 1923, page 8)

Muslims ruled Spain for roughly 800 years. During this time, and up until they were finally forced out, the non-Muslims there were alive and flourishing. Additionally, Christian and Jewish minorities have survived in the Muslim lands of the Middle East for centuries. Countries such as Egypt, Morocco, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan all have significant Christian and/or Jewish populations.

This is not surprising to a Muslim, for his faith prohibits him from forcing others to see his point of view. The Glorious Qur’an says: (Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things.) (Al-Baqarah 2: 256)

Islam: The Great Unifier

Far from being a militant dogma, Islam is a way of life that transcends race and ethnicity. The Qur’an repeatedly reminds us of our common origin: (O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).) (Al-Hujrat 49: 13)

Thus, it is the universality of its teachings that makes Islam the fastest growing religion in the world. In a world full of conflicts and deep schisms between human beings, a world that is threatened with terrorism, perpetrated by individuals and states, Islam is a beacon of light that offers hope for the future.
The above quotation is excerpted with some modifications from: Your resource for accurate and authentic information about Islam

In the light of the above, it becomes crystal clear that Islam, the true religion of Allah, doesn’t permit aggression, violence, injustice, or oppression. At the same time, it calls to morality, justice, tolerance, and peace​

nasir931

Dear Snipper Here is more about What Islam Says About Terrorism
If The people with muslim names do such a wrong activity that is against the soul of Quran and Islam he/she no more stands a muslim and Allah will take revenge from such Hypocrate.

What Does Islam Say about Terrorism?

In the first place, we would like to stress that the study of world history would show that Islam and terrorism are extreme opposites. There is no meeting point between Islam and terrorism as practiced by terrorist groups in different parts of the world. Terrorism involves the indiscriminate use of force to achieve certain objectives. Whereas, the basis of national and international relations in Islam is peace and not war as falsely claimed by some people.

In Islam, the use of force is allowed only in special situations, particularly when the Muslim community is threatened by hostile forces. This is natural and logical for any other community indeed. Then again, the use of force in a campaign of Jihad is determined by the leader of the Muslim community in a very orderly way.

For a detailed discussion on the Islam’s stance on terrorism, we would like to cite for you the following:

One of the distinctive characteristics of the times we live in is the overwhelming presence of violence in our societies. Whether it is a bomb going off in a market place, or the hijacking of an aircraft where innocent people are held at ransom to achieve political ends, we live in an age, where the manipulation and loss of innocent lives has become commonplace.

Such is the all-pervasive nature of indiscriminate violence, that “terrorism” is considered as one of the prime threats to peace and security in our societies.

The word “terrorism” came into wide usage only a few decades ago. One of the unfortunate results of this new terminology is that it limits the definition of terrorism to that perpetrated by small groups or individuals. Terrorism, in fact, spans the entire world, and manifests itself in various forms. Its perpetrators do not fit any stereotype. Those who hold human lives cheap, and have the power to expend human lives, appear at different levels in our societies. The frustrated employee who kills his colleagues in cold-blood is a terrorist who provokes our anger and revulsion. Ironically however, the politician who uses age-old ethnic animosities between peoples to consolidate his position, the head of state who orders “carpet bombing” of entire cities, the exalted councils that choke millions of civilians to death by wielding the insidious weapon of sanctions, are rarely punished for their crimes against humanity.

It is this narrow definition of terrorism that implicates only individuals and groups, that has caused Muslims to be associated with acts of destruction and terror, and as a result, to become victims of hate violence and terror themselves. Sometimes the religion of Islam is held responsible for the acts of a handful of Muslims, and often for the acts of non-Muslims!

Could it be possible that Islam, whose light ended the Dark Ages in Europe, now propound the advent of an age of terror? Could a faith that has over 1.2 billion followers the world over, and over 7 millions in America, actually advocate the killing and maiming of innocent people? Could Islam, whose name itself stands for “peace” and “submission to God”, encourage its adherents to work for death and destruction?

For too long, have we relied on popular images in the media and in Hollywood films, for answers to these pertinent questions. It is now time to look at the sources of Islam, and its history to determine whether Islam does indeed advocate violence.

The Sanctity of Human Life

The Glorious Qur’an says: (…take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.) (Al-An`am 6: 151)

Islam considers all life forms as sacred. However, the sanctity of human life is accorded a special place. The first and the foremost basic right of a human being is the right to live. Allah says in the Qur’an says: (… if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.) (Al-Ma’idah 5: 32)

Such is the value of a single human life, that the Qur’an equates the taking of even one human life unjustly, with killing all of humanity. Thus, the Qur’an prohibits homicide in clear terms. The taking of a criminal’s life by the state in order to administer justice is required to uphold the rule of law, and the peace and security of the society. Only a proper and competent court can decide whether an individual has forfeited his right to life by disregarding the right to life and peace of other human beings.​

Mr Orange

Meditate
Out of all of the supernatural claims made about Jesus, this is one that I have the hardest time with. Just to start out, I do not believe in a physical resurrection of Jesus. The reason being that it defies what we knows happen. People simply do not come back from the dead. Since it is a miracle, it is the least likely thing to occur in that situation.

I've heard a couple of theories on explanations of how the resurrection came into the Jesus tradition. The one that I like the most, at this point, is the idea that in a time of grief, a human can have visions of the dead. We have many documented cases of this phenomena, so it is a logical possibility. It still happens to this day, and even looking at various third world countries (parts of Asia, especially underdeveloped parts of India), there have been cases in which people are believed to have come back from the dead.

The problem with this theory that I see is that multiple people having a vision of Jesus, at the same time, would be unlikely. It is somewhat of a stretch to assume that all of the visions can be explained from this phenomena, especially considering the accounts of him appearing before large groups. My only explanation for this would be something I've seen happen frequently when performing magic. That is the fact that people have a tendency to create a miracle in their minds, and honestly believe it. But I don't think that perfectly fits either.

Another interesting idea that I've considered is the possibility that Jesus did survive the crucifixion. However, just knowing what the crucifixion entailed, I am more apt to believe that he was left on the cross, and later picked apart by scavenging animals.

So what is the most likely explanation for the resurrection of Jesus?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet there is a theory that Jesus, was drugged by a liquid offered to him on a branch. I guess there are many theorys. Don't christians believe he was only on the cross for three hours? Thats a very short time to be crucifed. Jesus, may of just been knocked out and then brought down from the cross and then went to India as Issa a Bodhisattva...thats another story.

Last edited:

nasir931

I also want to share with you that i am from Pakistan and we are the number one victims of Terrosrism our thousands of civilians have been killed in bomb blasts

Moreso i also think that you will also oppose the Drone attacks on our tribal areas from USA
because with guilty people it also take the life of hundreds of innocent people of our tribes due to this reason some people do wrong things to take revenge of their families.

I am saying this because when a missile is fired towards its target many times it hitted in a populated area where tens of people live and missile can't see who is guilty between them it kills all.Tell me what is the justification of it, Your christianity does not teach that thing it tells opposite when we check it in your books.
"Christianity says that if a person slap you on your right cheek what you have to do is don't take revenge put your second cheek in front and the matter will be resolved.

sniper762

war is HELL, the blame is on those that "started" it, not the ones that react. if the people of pakistan are concerned about inoscent lives being lost, then they ought to rid themselves of the cowards that started this mess an then ran and hid there.

Last edited:

Mr Orange

Meditate
I also want to share with you that i am from Pakistan and we are the number one victims of Terrosrism our thousands of civilians have been killed in bomb blasts

Moreso i also think that you will also oppose the Drone attacks on our tribal areas from USA
because with guilty people it also take the life of hundreds of innocent people of our tribes due to this reason some people do wrong things to take revenge of their families.

I am saying this because when a missile is fired towards its target many times it hitted in a populated area where tens of people live and missile can't see who is guilty between them it kills all.Tell me what is the justification of it, Your christianity does not teach that thing it tells opposite when we check it in your books.
"Christianity says that if a person slap you on your right cheek what you have to do is don't take revenge put your second cheek in front and the matter will be resolved.

I fail to see how you can judge religion to wars. Christianaty, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc... all religions have problems. Yes wars are happening and have always been happening since day one. Islam have created wars in their history . September the 11th was course by Islamic extremeists. i still love my Islamic friends and always will. we should not judge a religion by these matters. Christians preach love thy neighbour..... there is nothing wrong with this teaching. Islam preach to do love people to. i guess my point is that certain inderviduals create war not religions. I hope one day we will have peace in this realm.

Last edited:

sniper762

no one is judging the islamic religion. its the extremist who claim that their actions are in the "name of islam".

nasir931

But Dear Sniper war is not a solution to resolve matters, you see that many years have passsed afghanistan is a little country but the whole world haven't gain control on to the whole country.

Also a previous example when us attacked vietnam they have to go from vietnam like losers
us gain nothing but curse it is proved by your own thinkers and country people not mine.

sniper762

i agree, but when war is declared on you, as it was in 9/11, one has no choice but to react accordingly, as we did.

nasir931

And in todays world we the ordinary people don't exactly know what's going on and who is right and who is wrong. because the strong media tells the people one side story other side is blocked not only in western countries but also in our countries.

We have lost our economy not only due to west but also we are some how responsible for all that because our top leaders are hypocrates and many of us have fallen in the love of this world which is mortal.
Muslims have to face more worse consequences if they don't be on the right path the path of truth and justice told by God in Qur'an and Muhammed(PBUH) acted on it, only that path was our reason of victories in past which we have forgotten.But i am not disappointed because time will come again when muslims will be united again.
Are we are facing problems not only because of Wars but due to our corrupted leaders which i don't know who elects them because Paksitan's majority rejects them but i never understand that from where these people are elected.

nasir931

One thing more Dear Sniper you know that in Iraq us & west have Killed Tens of thousands of people and Wounded Millions of people and Children tell me what was their sin except that they got born in IRaq or Afghanistan Or any African country like Somalia

And i think it is not the justification to declare a war upon a country only at the basis of wrong hypothesis. and instead of capturing the Wrong doers us & west began invasion of whole soverent countries

sniper762

your country could end this fiasco by capturing that coward and bringing him and his follerers to justice, but im not sure that they WANT TO.

nasir931

i am relating the religion to war because may be you don't remember that Bush junior said on television that it is crusade so tell me what was the crusade wasn't it the holy war so called by pops of the churches at that time

If i am wrong then please correct me or present an evidense

sniper762

they have not sinned, just collateral damage as a result of being near the REAL culpits. same goes for the thousands that w e re kill ed in 9/11

like i said, war is hell.