• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The republican party and racism, will it collaspe the party?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Let me ask you a question, what are the races that exist for humans?

What are the races that exist for humans?

If you are asking to name every race that would be a massive task but race as a whole is very arbitrary since it is something used to identify a whole variety of things such as genetics and cultural background. There is no distinct marker for race and even at that new races are formed every century along with new cultural identities to follow.

As for my personal opinion I think race creates an unnecessary barrier that could otherwise be forgotten since culture is far more important. I can easily call a African, Arab or Bhutanese man a fellow American on the basis of being apart of the American identity or set of American identities. So as far as race goes, not all races are the same the same way that different nationalities entail different values.

I value them the same but I do not think you will get the same result with every race.

tytlyf

Not Religious
There's a reason why Democrats call themselves Democrats.

Bit like Nazis suddenly saying they turned over a new leaf, so they decided to continue to call themselves Nazis.
Or the reality of the topic is that conservatives move from party to party and take their racism with them.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I sure don't know where you get this from. I left the Republican Party back in the 1960's largely because of the issue of racism, and if there's any political party today in the U.S. that fights racism it's the Democrats.

I am sure that makes you feel better but like any other political group, things change and even somebody like me who grew up valuing the Democratic party and progressive thought eventually began hating the party. Also you act as if I am a Republican, I hate the Republican party with a passion. I think it is run by a set of old, slimy, decrepit imbeciles who lack the bigger picture of society. On the other hand I find the Democratic party as a cohesive movement with malicious ideals that are juvenile, irrational and pandering to every group possible.

The Democratic party ignores diversity, treats all societies as they are of equal footing and then tries to bolster any group up to their platform if they feel that group is not on equal ground yet. This is usually done by force, strict authoritarian practices and the vain need to be heard by society. It is a diseased, corrupt and profoundly incompetent group who I despise and this is why I cannot separate its voting base from the party in many cases.

The Republicans on the other hand lack cohesion yet have many great and noble ideas and stick to solid liberal principles through conservative norms. As an African American who has faced the plight of growing in a poor ghetto and been apart of the lack of social unity I can easily respect this party. The party that wishes to have mothers and fathers in the same household which is beyond importance yet Democrats seem to ignore and instead blame it on external NONEXISTENT forces like race.

No white man has made me poor or disrespect me but a black man with a malicious intent to make all those around them suffer and burn is something I face daily. I don't thank black people for the opportunities I get, I have never even had the chance to do so once in all my life. Looking back at myself that says a lot and it is something I cannot ignore.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Parties are good at surviving.
Democrats survived their slavery & Jim Crow eras.
Republicans will survive Trump.
But I've less confidence that Trump will survive Trump.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Donald Trump is done unless there's some miracle in the works.

The republican party has a problem though, Trumps base is their base and it has a high concentration of racism comparativily. What this means is that the voters are not going to abandon him. Donald Trump will keep the racists and the fiscal conservatives. The swing voters however are going to abandon Trump and the republican party in groves and they will lose seats and presidential elections for years to come if they can't abandon the racism.

The world does not have a problem with fiscal conservatism but because it minimizes Government subsidizes to everyone particularly minorities, racists are attracted to it. The Republicans need to come out and take a hard stand against racism because of how fiscal conservatism can be made to look racist. If they don't they will lose the swing voters. If they do make a stand they will lose some of the racists. The prospect does not look good either way.

Is there a way for the Republican party to come out of this as a valid contender to the Democratic party for future elections or is America going to be a one party system for a while?

Fiscal conservatism isn't really their big selling point. There aren't enough billionaires to support it. However, the Republicans might make some gains if they ditch the racists and bring in social conservatives from other races. Latino Catholics, Muslims, and religious African-Americans would likely support the social conservatives' stance on abortion, gay rights, and similar issues which have been part of the Republican platform.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
What are the races that exist for humans?

If you are asking to name every race that would be a massive task but race as a whole is very arbitrary since it is something used to identify a whole variety of things such as genetics and cultural background. There is no distinct marker for race and even at that new races are formed every century along with new cultural identities to follow.

As for my personal opinion I think race creates an unnecessary barrier that could otherwise be forgotten since culture is far more important. I can easily call a African, Arab or Bhutanese man a fellow American on the basis of being apart of the American identity or set of American identities. So as far as race goes, not all races are the same the same way that different nationalities entail different values.

I value them the same but I do not think you will get the same result with every race.

I use the scientific term for race and there is only one Homo Sapiens which we all are. So when you see a person with a different skin color, different hair or different eyes you are only perceiving a different race because there are no different races. Cultural background and genetics's are different across all humans. Cultural differences are ethnicity while genetic are just a mixing of two parents. Race as a term for human differences should be stricken from our language. If you see race among humans you will have a hard time escaping racism.

I believe if you understand that you may understand my original post to you.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Fiscal conservatism isn't really their big selling point. There aren't enough billionaires to support it. However, the Republicans might make some gains if they ditch the racists and bring in social conservatives from other races. Latino Catholics, Muslims, and religious African-Americans would likely support the social conservatives' stance on abortion, gay rights, and similar issues which have been part of the Republican platform.

I am not rich and if it wasn't for the Religious and racist problems I have with the Republicans I would probably be part of the party.
I am for Fiscal restraint of the government
I am for smaller Federal government.

It will not be forgotten, it will be eclisped by the next stupid thing he does.

What political parties have survived worse?

Didn't the Democrat party advocate slavery and implement Jim Crow policies?

Look at them now, a thriving party that shamelessly prostitutes itself for votes at the expense of the American people.

garden47

The republican party and racism, will it collaspe the party?

America's business community and the Joint Chiefs have already drawn "a line in the sand" reaffirming American values, while Republicans in the House and Senate continue to dither as how to respond.

Hopefully new leaders with the courage to speak "truth to power" will emerge, denounce and depose Trump - and all that he represents!

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not rich and if it wasn't for the Religious and racist problems I have with the Republicans I would probably be part of the party.

I can understand that. However, I don't see a great deal of difference between the two major parties on fiscal issues. Not in practice anyway.

I am for Fiscal restraint of the government
I am for smaller Federal government.

I don't think either party comes forth and advocates for a policy of deliberating wasting money or making the Federal government bigger. No one (not even liberals) comes out and says "Yes, let's just waste money for no good reason."

That's why I always found this to be one of the more disingenuous positions taken by the GOP, especially since they never really follow through or practice what they preach (when it comes to fiscal restraint and a smaller Federal government). It would be fine if they actually did it, but they don't, so what's the point?

tytlyf

Not Religious

Look at them now, a thriving party that shamelessly prostitutes itself for votes at the expense of the American people.

Absolutely, the demoKKKrat party of the south loved slavery and the confederacy. It was progressives like Abraham Lincoln that fought against the conservative demoKKKrats!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Nope, I haven't noticed anything too bad out of Trump.
Then let me recommend that you change what you wrote under "Religion" and cross out "Christian" and maybe write "Trumpian".

Here's a link to 107 off-the-wall quotes from Trump: http://splinternews.com/the-collected-donald-trump-107-of-his-worst-weirdest-1793857006 , and then here's quotes from Jesus as found in the Bible: Jesus - Wikiquote

See how much they "match". :rolleyes:

But what about Dean Martin? Did you know Dean Martin was a racist? No, because the media wasn't trying to slander him and dig up every racist comment he ever made. Leadbelly has made racist comments, but I like Leadbelly too, because he wasn't adamant on some sort of racist rampage like the anti-racism crowd seems to be. Anti-racism is more annoying that racism, which is evil.
Oh, so you justify Trump on the basis of saying that some others do it? That's like a child trying to justify his actions by saying "But Johnny did it too!".

Ghandi was just some guy who whined about a lot of things and led people to be slaughtered to oppose the goverment he had grown up hating.
OK, so what you're saying is that Gandhi should have not spoken out or resisted the Brits who were oppressing the Indians in their own country. Well, do you feel the same way about the colonists here when dealing with the Brits?

metis

The Democratic party ignores diversity, treats all societies as they are of equal footing and then tries to bolster any group up to their platform if they feel that group is not on equal ground yet.
Absolutely false.

This is usually done by force, strict authoritarian practices and the vain need to be heard by society.
Again, false.

It is a diseased, corrupt and profoundly incompetent group who I despise and this is why I cannot separate its voting base from the party in many cases.
I can agree with the "incompetent" part.

The Republicans on the other hand lack cohesion yet have many great and noble ideas and stick to solid liberal principles through conservative norms. As an African American who has faced the plight of growing in a poor ghetto and been apart of the lack of social unity I can easily respect this party.
And exactly what have the Republicans actually done that impresses you?

The party that wishes to have mothers and fathers in the same household which is beyond importance yet Democrats seem to ignore and instead blame it on external NONEXISTENT forces like race.
Again, false.

No white man has made me poor or disrespect me but a black man with a malicious intent to make all those around them suffer and burn is something I face daily.
So, there has been no discrimination against blacks? Really? I can tell you that, even though there's been substantial improvement over the decades, plenty or prejudice and racism still very much exists, and my wife and I have witnessed this first hand.

For just one example, at a restaurant near where I live, there has never been a single black employee there for over the 40+ years we've lived there. If a black person came in and filled out an application, as soon as they left it was ripped up and thrown into the garbage. How do I know that? My wife worked there for over 10 years. And this is just one experience we've had, btw.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Absolutely false.

Again, false.

I can agree with the "incompetent" part.

And exactly what have the Republicans actually done that impresses you?

Again, false.

So, there has been no discrimination against blacks? Really? I can tell you that, even though there's been substantial improvement over the decades, plenty or prejudice and racism still very much exists, and my wife and I have witnessed this first hand.

For just one example, at a restaurant near where I live, there has never been a single black employee there for over the 40+ years we've lived there. If a black person came in and filled out an application, as soon as they left it was ripped up and thrown into the garbage. How do I know that? My wife worked there for over 10 years. And this is just one experience we've had, btw.

I can counter that argument and say that a good friend of mine was threatened by a black man at a college because he didn't like the words he was using when talking to me. It almost got into a physical fight over nothing while this black guy is screaming racism at a Mexican talking to a black man, me.

To think that blacks are an innocent group is just ludicrous. On top of that is that I would not even bother interfering with somebody's on business the same way I would not interfere with their home.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I can counter that argument and say that a good friend of mine was threatened by a black man at a college because he didn't like the words he was using when talking to me. It almost got into a physical fight over nothing while this black guy is screaming racism at a Mexican talking to a black man, me.

To think that blacks are an innocent group is just ludicrous. On top of that is that I would not even bother interfering with somebody's on business the same way I would not interfere with their home.

This reminds me of an incident I recall many years ago at a school I was working at in California. It was Cinco de Mayo, which is an important date in Mexican history and also important to many Mexican-Americans. They didn't want other groups to feel left out, so they made it more of a multicultural celebration event. The Mexican students wanted to put on a presentation of Mexican folk dances, and other groups also put on similar presentations celebrating their own culture. They were scheduled to have it in the gym, but while the Mexican-American students were putting on their show, there were black students booing them, heckling, making offensive jokes, etc. They were kept somewhat in line by the school authorities, as well as some of the tougher black teachers who were noticeably upset by how these black students were acting.

After the Mexican presentation was over, it then came time for the African-American students to do their own pageant and presentation of their culture. As they got started, the Mexican-American students all got up from their seats and marched right down the middle of the students doing their performance. It was at this point that all hell broke loose.

Fights broke out everywhere, the whole school was put on lockdown, and it took at least 100 cops to come in and restore order. It was a real mess, mostly involving black and Hispanic students. The whites and Asians were just trying to find a safe haven, someplace to hide.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
This reminds me of an incident I recall many years ago at a school I was working at in California. It was Cinco de Mayo, which is an important date in Mexican history and also important to many Mexican-Americans. They didn't want other groups to feel left out, so they made it more of a multicultural celebration event. The Mexican students wanted to put on a presentation of Mexican folk dances, and other groups also put on similar presentations celebrating their own culture. They were scheduled to have it in the gym, but while the Mexican-American students were putting on their show, there were black students booing them, heckling, making offensive jokes, etc. They were kept somewhat in line by the school authorities, as well as some of the tougher black teachers who were noticeably upset by how these black students were acting.

After the Mexican presentation was over, it then came time for the African-American students to do their own pageant and presentation of their culture. As they got started, the Mexican-American students all got up from their seats and marched right down the middle of the students doing their performance. It was at this point that all hell broke loose.

Fights broke out everywhere, the whole school was put on lockdown, and it took at least 100 cops to come in and restore order. It was a real mess, mostly involving black and Hispanic students. The whites and Asians were just trying to find a safe haven, someplace to hide.

When this happened to me it made thing awkward because it changed the whole tone of the college and certain people who hang around it. It caused immediate dropping of people whom I thought were fine chaps and it forced me to isolate myself from a significant group of people.

It is sad considering how unnecessary it was and for me to have a reduction down to 1 friend again. At least I know who to trust and who is immature but the amount of immaturity in colleges still amazes me and these are often people nearing 30 who act like highschool kids.

Keep in mind the bookies only were anywhere near accurate as the election got closer and closer to the actual election date. Initially bookies were placing Donald Trump at less than 10%. So while they may have predictive value as we get closer and closer to the actual election date, I have some serious doubts about their ability to predict the results of 2020 in 2017. :p

Of course they can't predict the result, nobody can because there are too many unknowns and the parties are too closely matched. The point is not predicting who will win, but that it is silly to consider the Republicans as being no hopers for the foreseeable future.

Were there any meaningful reason to believe they were no hopers then the markets would reflect this. But there isn't, so they don't.

Sanzbir

Of course they can't predict the result, nobody can because there are too many unknowns and the parties are too closely matched. The point is not predicting who will win, but that it is silly to consider the Republicans as being no hopers for the foreseeable future.

Were there any meaningful reason to believe they were no hopers then the markets would reflect this. But there isn't, so they don't.

You seem to be missing the entire context of any other post I have made in this. I've from the start not been one of the people considering the Republicans as being "no hopers" ;)

You seem to be missing the entire context of any other post I have made in this. I've from the start not been one of the people considering the Republicans as being "no hopers" ;)

Never said you did ;)

The context of my original post was to demonstrate that the person who considered them no hopers, doesn't actually consider them no hopers as otherwise he would be taking advantage of the 'free money' on offer.

There's a reason it isn't free money though...

metis

I didn't and don't stereotype blacks, nor whites, nor people with purple and pink polka-dots. To imply that I somehow think that blacks are all "innocent" is simply a disingenuous strawman that you've created.

Secondly, there are laws dealing with discrimination in the context of business, and for very good reasons that are based on our past history. Maybe do the research.

Since you have posted dishonestly, we're done. Goodbye.