• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Receding Floodwaters Evidence for Noah's Flood Michael Oard

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
the big bang is a creation myth isn't it? however creation came into existence it was miraculous. you can never take away the miraculous nature away from creation. people who see nothing miraculous about creation are the same types who can kill the buffalo and round up the natives in order to build railways for the transport of ore for the construction of weapons believing that more technology means progress. they are the same types who pollute the heavens with horrible starlink satellites that ruin the majesty and grandeur of the night sky.
No, it is a testable hypothesis. Concepts that are testable tend to be far more reliable than concepts that are not. The reason? Bad concepts quickly fail and are discarded.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, one may always hope that one day, in the distant future of such people, they will come to some sort of mental "wall" with respect to their cherished but false beliefs.

When they do hit that wall? (not everyone does...) they may well recall conversations, from the past, which could give them a path to freedom without too much mental loss...

Here's me: Seeing the glass is not so much half-empty, as it is in possession of a 50% safety margin. :D
I always hope. But some people have an amazing propensity to avoid the wall...and reason...and evidence...and their own burden of proof...etc.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think she recognizes the futility in interacting with some people. I agree. Here we have yet another example of a person that cannot reason and there no obvious immediate value in trying to help that person. Maybe no value at all.

Recognizing that and acting on it are two different things. To borrow from Ron White, I have the right to remain silent, but do I have the ability.
I am the perpetual optimist. Sooner or later one of them will reason. I remember on one now defunct website (not Topix) when on the same day two different creationists owned up to errors. It was a miracle:rolleyes:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
the big bang is a creation myth isn't it? however creation came into existence it was miraculous. you can never take away the miraculous nature away from creation. people who see nothing miraculous about creation are the same types who can kill the buffalo and round up the natives in order to build railways for the transport of ore for the construction of weapons believing that more technology means progress. they are the same types who pollute the heavens with horrible starlink satellites that ruin the majesty and grandeur of the night sky.

No, there are several factual observations that show the BB really happened, it is not a myth

I note the most of the early settlers to America, who killed the buffalo, rounded up and corralled the native Americans and railroaded the railroad were christian.

And i notice you have no problem using satellites to post your derision of satellites... Isnt that interesting?

I also note that satellites are too small to "ruin the majesty and grandeur of the night sky". Although, given the correct conditions some can be seen (with magnification), and if you really want to search for them looking like another star moving fairly quickly in the night sky. Rather grand and majestic if you ask me

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am the perpetual optimist. Sooner or later one of them will reason. I remember on one now defunct website (not Topix) when on the same day two different creationists owned up to errors. It was a miracle:rolleyes:

Wow.

I remember one on Topix who, after months of discussion actually began to understand and embrace evolution.

sooda

Veteran Member
No, there are several factual observations that show the BB really happened, it is not a myth

I note the most of the early settlers to America, who killed the buffalo, rounded up and corralled the native Americans and railroaded the railroad were christian.

And i notice you have no problem using satellites to post your derision of satellites... Isnt that interesting?

I also note that satellites are too small to "ruin the majesty and grandeur of the night sky". Although, given the correct conditions some can be seen (with magnification), and if you really want to search for them looking like another star moving fairly quickly in the night sky. Rather grand and majestic if you ask me

I am going to put on my waders and go home.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Our OP appears to be Muslim rather than Christian so pointing out the flaws of some Christians will not have any effect on him.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, one may always hope that one day, in the distant future of such people, they will come to some sort of mental "wall" with respect to their cherished but false beliefs.

When they do hit that wall? (not everyone does...) they may well recall conversations, from the past, which could give them a path to freedom without too much mental loss...

Here's me: Seeing the glass is not so much half-empty, as it is in possession of a 50% safety margin. :D
I am always at odds over how to deal with the people that support irrational claims on here. Some are reasonable and can see the validity of reasoned arguments. Most of the more vocal are not. Just responding to them seems to justify their claims and positions to them. But this blatant attack on reason, science and education has to be addressed. There are camps in every religion that want to tear down knowledge and it's pursuit and replace it with what amounts to their favorite flavor of ice cream. Fundamentalist Christianity is one example. The Taliban are another.

So, the issues can be addressed even when there is no real point to address the person raising them. Perhaps something will get through and inspire them to think. That may be overly optimistic, but it is positive and hopeful without leaving them without at least the opportunity to improve.

Last edited:

chris baron

the atheists who murdered the buffalo and the natives were the same horrid species of human being that developed the eugenics labs here in western canada.

at Alberta Hospital Ponoka "scientists" practiced involuntary sterilization on numerous victims.

there are certain people who, convinced of their superiority feel it is their duty to cull those who they judge to be inferior. these sorts of people are the atheistic types you encounter in forums such as this one. they use condescending language betraying their exalted opinion of themselves.

here is a perfect example of frankenstein science gone awry again. people convinced that their atheism is proof of their superiority making vital decisions about other people's lives. arrogance, atheism, darwinism, malthusianism, human sacrifice, blood ritual, paganism and the devil.

In 1928, the Alberta government (Alberta, Canada) passed eugenics legislation that enabled the involuntary sterilization of individuals classified as mentally deficient (now known as persons with a developmental disability or mental disorder), with the consent of the patient or his/her guardian or next-of-kin. To implement the Sexual Sterilization Act, a four-member Alberta Eugenics Board was created to recommend individuals for sterilization. The Act was amended in 1937 to allow sterilization without consent. In 1972, the Act was repealed and the Board dismantled. During its 43 years in operation, the Board approved nearly 5,000 cases and 2,832 sterilizations were performed. The actions of the Board came under public scrutiny in 1995 with Leilani Muir's successful lawsuit against the Alberta government for wrongful sterilization.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
the atheists who murdered the buffalo and the natives were the same horrid species of human being that developed the eugenics labs here in western canada.

at Alberta Hospital Ponoka "scientists" practiced involuntary sterilization on numerous victims.

there are certain people who, convinced of their superiority feel it is their duty to cull those who they judge to be inferior. these sorts of people are the atheistic types you encounter in forums such as this one. they use condescending language betraying their exalted opinion of themselves.

here is a perfect example of frankenstein science gone awry again. people convinced that their atheism is proof of their superiority making vital decisions about other people's lives. arrogance, atheism, darwinism, malthusianism, human sacrifice, blood ritual, paganism and the devil.

In 1928, the Alberta government (Alberta, Canada) passed eugenics legislation that enabled the involuntary sterilization of individuals classified as mentally deficient (now known as persons with a developmental disability or mental disorder), with the consent of the patient or his/her guardian or next-of-kin. To implement the Sexual Sterilization Act, a four-member Alberta Eugenics Board was created to recommend individuals for sterilization. The Act was amended in 1937 to allow sterilization without consent. In 1972, the Act was repealed and the Board dismantled. During its 43 years in operation, the Board approved nearly 5,000 cases and 2,832 sterilizations were performed. The actions of the Board came under public scrutiny in 1995 with Leilani Muir's successful lawsuit against the Alberta government for wrongful sterilization.
Sorry, but those people were almost all theists. And the same goes for Alberta's Eugenics Board. You do not get to call people that you do not like atheists just as we do not get to call the people we don't like Muslims.