• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rare Creationist

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Religion is a type of philosophy. All conclusions made in religion are made philosophically.

Naturalists base all their conclusions on what is tangible, and measurable.

It's amazing how alien religion is to a naturalist. Right down to the language both sides employ it is utterly alien.

I see nothing productive about debating it.
I was watching......ANOTHER science program this weekend

the universe.....

described in so many different ways......by scientists

using BUBBLES for display
and asserting the POSSIBLE existence of sooooooooo many other universes
AS bubbles

I could not help but wonder............................................

Scott C.

Just one guy
The problem is that all of the evidence tells us that life is the product of evolution. Planting of false evidence is a form of lying.

That's silly. God doesn't lie. God may have used evolution for creation. I see no place where he said otherwise. My point is what's the difference to God between a few trillion years and a few 24-hour days as we know them? He can do any or all of this in either time frame, or both or neither. God created the earth. He didn't get very specific on how or when he did it. My advice to fellow Creationists is to not waste time fighting science. Resist the notion that God did not create the earth, yes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's silly. God doesn't lie. God may have used evolution for creation. I see no place where he said otherwise. My point is what's the difference to God between a few trillion years and a few 24-hour days as we know them? He can do any or all of this in either time frame, or both or neither. God created the earth. He didn't get very specific on how or when he did it. My advice to fellow Creationists is to not waste time fighting science. Resist the notion that God did not create the earth, yes.
Good, if God does not lie then the stories of Genesis are myth. You can't have it both ways. You see for the creation story and the Noah's Magic Boat Myth to be true God would have had to have planted endless false evidence. In other words he would have to have lied.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Good, if God does not lie then the stories of Genesis are myth. You can't have it both ways. You see for the creation story and the Noah's Magic Boat Myth to be true God would have had to have planted endless false evidence. In other words he would have to have lied.

You and I come to different conclusions. My conviction or personal witness for God and Jesus Christ are based on scripture reading, and personal experience. I believe God has revealed himself to me with tremendous love, integrity, mercy and consistency. He is in my life. I find great profound truth in the scriptures. There are times when I'm not certain if a verse is metaphor or literal. There are times when I'm not sure if the verse is not translated well or if something is flat out missing to provide context. Questions about the arc (which you prefer to call a magic boat) and creation are not clear to me. While interesting, none of these flabbergast me or divert me from that which I know and feel today, in my life, in the here and now. I believe God demonstrates his reality on a pretty regular basis. And I find great value in scripture, although not perfect clarity on all points.I will patiently wait for more light from heaven in due time to make more things more clear.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You and I come to different conclusions. My conviction or personal witness for God and Jesus Christ are based on scripture reading, and personal experience. I believe God has revealed himself to me with tremendous love, integrity, mercy and consistency. He is in my life. I find great profound truth in the scriptures. There are times when I'm not certain if a verse is metaphor or literal. There are times when I'm not sure if the verse is not translated well or if something is flat out missing to provide context. Questions about the arc (which you prefer to call a magic boat) and creation are not clear to me. While interesting, none of these flabbergast me or divert me from that which I know and feel today, in my life, in the here and now. I believe God demonstrates his reality on a pretty regular basis. And I find great value in scripture, although not perfect clarity on all points.I will patiently wait for more light from heaven in due time to make more things more clear.
You misunderstand. Let's leave the Bible out of this for just a little bit. All of the evidence out there tells us that man is the product of evolution over billions of years. When it comes to a recent worldwide flood all of the evidence says that it never happened and could not have happened. Now let's add the Bible back in. It has many stories in it that did not literally happen. The parables of Jesus are an excellent example of that. They were teaching tools, not history. It is very obvious that there never was a flood of Noah. Let's concentrate on that one first since it is easiest to understand. It would take over five vertical miles of water to cover all of the Earth. That would leave a mark. We can find evidence of a flood that likely inspired the myth, but that was only about 30 feet deep at the most, Water leaves a mark. And that is just one of the millions of pieces of evidence that tells us that it never happened. If the flood happened there would be endless efforts to it.

You are in effect calling God a liar when you say that Genesis is true. That is why even most Christians do not believe the myths of the flood. They do not believe that God lies as you do.

By the way, the fact that Genesis is a book of myths does not refute the Jesus story. Just something to think about while you bad mouth your own God.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
It is probably good to remind our creationist friends that not all of their hero 'creation scientists' deny reality. Every now and then, one will say the quiet parts of creationism-belief (really, anti-evolution) out loud. Oh, they pay for it, yes they do. This one eventually lost his study group at Bryan U*.

Todd Wood, YEC, PhD, had people like the sorts of creationists we tend to encounter on discussion fora or in the comments sections of evolution-related articles on the internet, in mind when he wrote this, bolding mine:

The truth about evolution

September 30, 2009
I hope this doesn't turn into a rant, but it might. You have been warned.

Evolution is not a theory in crisis. It is not teetering on the verge of collapse. It has not failed as a scientific explanation. There is evidence for evolution, gobs and gobs of it. It is not just speculation or a faith choice or an assumption or a religion. It is a productive framework for lots of biological research, and it has amazing explanatory power. There is no conspiracy to hide the truth about the failure of evolution. There has really been no failure of evolution as a scientific theory. It works, and it works well.

I say these things not because I'm crazy or because I've "converted" to evolution. I say these things because they are true. I'm motivated this morning by reading yet another clueless, well-meaning person pompously declaring that evolution is a failure. People who say that are either unacquainted with the inner workings of science or unacquainted with the evidence for evolution. (Technically, they could also be deluded or lying, but that seems rather uncharitable to say. Oops.)

Creationist students, listen to me very carefully: There is evidence for evolution, and evolution is an extremely successful scientific theory. That doesn't make it ultimately true, and it doesn't mean that there could not possibly be viable alternatives. It is my own faith choice to reject evolution, because I believe the Bible reveals true information about the history of the earth that is fundamentally incompatible with evolution. I am motivated to understand God's creation from what I believe to be a biblical, creationist perspective. Evolution itself is not flawed or without evidence. Please don't be duped into thinking that somehow evolution itself is a failure. Please don't idolize your own ability to reason. Faith is enough. If God said it, that should settle it. Maybe that's not enough for your scoffing professor or your non-Christian friends, but it should be enough for you.​

Even with his "out" ("If God said it, that should settle it."), he was still attacked by his all-loving brethren in Christ. In fact, nearly every time I share this on a forum like this, I see replies declaring Wood to be a phony, a fraud, 'not a real Christian', etc.

So sad.
Yet so fun to watch!

*probably unrelated to this, but who knows...
I have been missing out on some of the best threads.

Scott C.

Just one guy
You misunderstand. Let's leave the Bible out of this for just a little bit. All of the evidence out there tells us that man is the product of evolution over billions of years. When it comes to a recent worldwide flood all of the evidence says that it never happened and could not have happened. Now let's add the Bible back in. It has many stories in it that did not literally happen. The parables of Jesus are an excellent example of that. They were teaching tools, not history. It is very obvious that there never was a flood of Noah. Let's concentrate on that one first since it is easiest to understand. It would take over five vertical miles of water to cover all of the Earth. That would leave a mark. We can find evidence of a flood that likely inspired the myth, but that was only about 30 feet deep at the most, Water leaves a mark. And that is just one of the millions of pieces of evidence that tells us that it never happened. If the flood happened there would be endless efforts to it.

You are in effect calling God a liar when you say that Genesis is true. That is why even most Christians do not believe the myths of the flood. They do not believe that God lies as you do.

By the way, the fact that Genesis is a book of myths does not refute the Jesus story. Just something to think about while you bad mouth your own God.

Your choice of words such as "liar", "bad mouth your own God", and "magic boat" seem to indicate you are a bit more sarcastic or hostile on this subject than I am. I'm not sure how to talk to you or if it's worth the effort.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your choice of words such as "liar", "bad mouth your own God", and "magic boat" seem to indicate you are a bit more sarcastic or hostile on this subject than I am. I'm not sure how to talk to you or if it's worth the effort.

Now you might have a valid point with the phrase "magic boat". As to the rest you would be incorrect. It is a huge problem for those that believe in the Noah's Ark myth that they are claiming that their God is a liar. Now you probably do not understand how you are doing that. Did you know that the Flood myth was first refuted by Christian geologists? They realized that there was no way that the story could be true.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
With you
that is
he norm

I was watching......ANOTHER science program this weekend

the universe.....

described in so many different ways......by scientists

using BUBBLES for display
and asserting the POSSIBLE existence of sooooooooo many other universes
AS bubbles

I could not help but wonder............................................