• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rare Creationist

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How so? Seriously -- what makes this obvious?

cause and effect

go back to the beginning and choose
Spirit first?
or substance

Scott C.

Just one guy
Ahhh, ok...

Actually i have heard the the same, more than once, maybe different wording but the same essential meat. It really is quite funny

I actually don't see why it's funny. It could be true. I believe God created the earth. That's not negotiable to me. How long it took is negotiable. How God did it is negotiable. But surely an omnipotent God, if truly Omnipotent, could create an earth in one nano-second or he could do it over a trillion years. But if God lives outside of time, what does it matter to him and does he measure time? Could he do a trillion years of work in one second and leave evidence of a trillion years of work? Sure he could. So as one who believes God created the earth, as said in the Bible, I see no reason to argue against evolution or a very old earth. Only a foolish Christian/scientist would deny science to protect his beliefs. Let the science lead where it may. And let your faith lead you where it may. I have perfect confidence in the end it will all make sense. It will be universally known that there is a Creator God and he will probably share with us when and how he did it and then with our eyes and understanding fully open, we'll all smile with a big "ahhhhh.... now I get it, it all makes sense...."

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I actually don't see why it's funny. It could be true. I believe God created the earth. That's not negotiable to me. How long it took is negotiable. How God did it is negotiable. But surely an omnipotent God, if truly Omnipotent, could create an earth in one nano-second or he could do it over a trillion years. But if God lives outside of time, what does it matter to him and does he measure time? Could he do a trillion years of work in one second and leave evidence of a trillion years of work? Sure he could. So as one who believes God created the earth, as said in the Bible, I see no reason to argue against evolution or a very old earth. Only a foolish Christian/scientist would deny science to protect his beliefs. Let the science lead where it may. And let your faith lead you where it may. I have perfect confidence in the end it will all make sense. It will be universally known that there is a Creator God and he will probably share with us when and how he did it and then with our eyes and understanding fully open, we'll all smile with a big "ahhhhh.... now I get it, it all makes sense...."

Your opinion is noted and so is your clairvoyance. Personally I'll stick to reality

gnostic

The Lost One
Regarding to the OP.

Not many creationists wold have admit to all that.

Many of the creationists I have met here, are anti-science, not just anti-evolution, thinking their “infallible” or “inerrant” scriptures provide superior knowledge than today’s science, still stubbornly relying on the primitive superstitions of God-did-it.

Yes, it is rare that a creationist would say what he said.

ecco

Veteran Member
God is so obvious its blinding!
True. The belief in gods blinds many people to the truth.

Evolution has no purposive anything.
Man, at this moment, may have more impact on the natural world than other species. However, roaches have existed for 280,000,000 million years. Man? 100,000, maybe.

It looks like your god favors roaches over humans.

The "purposive potential" can be seen in the innate instincts for survival, adaptation and perfection hunger.

What you call "purposive potential" is just nature. You left out the most natural instinct/urge - reproduction. That's why roaches still abound.

ecco

Veteran Member
It will be universally known that there is a Creator God and he will probably share with us when and how he did it and then with our eyes and understanding fully open, we'll all smile with a big "ahhhhh.... now I get it, it all makes sense...."
In the meantime, thousands of gods have come and gone.
In the meantime, millions of believers have made predictions that have come and gone.

As @cOLTER said...God is so obvious its blinding!
As @ecco said...The belief in gods blinds many people to the truth.

Colt

In the meantime, thousands of gods have come and gone.
In the meantime, millions of believers have made predictions that have come and gone.

As @cOLTER said...God is so obvious its blinding!
As @ecco said...The belief in gods blinds many people to the truth.
The Atheist "belief" in a godless universe is just that, a kind of pessimistic faith.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Atheist "belief" in a godless universe is just that, a kind of pessimistic faith.

You still don't get it?
We don't necessarily believe in a godless universe. We're just withholding belief pending evidence, like you do with unicorns.
Atheists don't have faith, that's what makes us atheists. Faith is belief without sufficient evidence -- see above.
Pessimistic? Why is godlessness pessimistic?

Scott C.

Just one guy
Your opinion is noted and so is your clairvoyance. Personally I'll stick to reality

My comment is more directed to people who believe God created the world and also believe in a young earth with no evolution. I was sharing a perspective on how one can keep thier faith in God, believe the Bible, and remain open to science.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
My comment is more directed to people who believe God created the world and also believe in a young earth with no evolution. I was sharing a perspective on how one can keep thier faith in God, believe the Bible, and remain open to science.

Yet you addressed your comment to me